jpen

1. Hinoki blade recommendations for jpen player

Hi all, I've gotten to a USATT rating of about 1000 with my pretty crappy pre-made Butterfly Nakama racket, and I am hoping to invest in a nice jpen blade to use for a long time. The gold standard for jpen blades seems to be Darker Kiso Hinoki though I was wondering if anyone else who plays with...
  2. Ariex blades phoenix 1ply hinoki jpen

What do y'all think about these blade recently purchased will be in my hands soon will post a review when the time comes. I have a thing for 1ply hinoki :rolleyes: Both blades will be sanded on blades edge for finishing touches by company as in the finishing touches have not been added yet...
  3. Jpen why take back handle cork off

Hello guys I have a question why do some jpen players take off the back handle cork off/ (not the cork sheet but the handle) is there benefits or a reason as to why players do that? I believe Ryu Seung Min does that from what I heard but never understood why they do that please help me out in...
  4. Cleaning jpen cork paddles upkeaping

Hello I was wondering if there was a way to clean the cork on the JPEN paddles when it starts to varnish and become a darker color from sweat and dirt and also a way to prevent oxidation and staining to form on the cork handles
  5. Any Jpen players lately?

Just out of curiosity, but are there any other Jpen players that are still on the rankings and playing on international events? One that i know of is Brazil's Cazuo Matsumoto (currently WR#491). Any other players than him?
  6. does jpen rpb have any advantage compared to cpen?

first, i don't want to try jpen rpb. i am totally a cpen. I saw some people somewhere saying that cpen's rpb hurt their fingers, but when they used jpen's rpb they didn't get hurt. have any professionals tried besides Dang Qiu in 2014/2015? and is there any real technical advantage over cpen...
  7. which pip should I use ?

hey guys , im a a beginner (jpen) and recently i learned to twiddle my racket and i was think in getting some sort of pips as a backhand rubber to give me some advantage what do you guys think ? or should i wait until i develop my playstyle a little more ?
  8. Rubber suggestions for a Jpen player

Hi guys, I have a regular training partner looking for a new rubber. He is currently using H3 with a ~7.5mm 5-ply walnut blade (sorry don't know the make, but blade doesn't lack power). Plays a compact stroke, counter-driving style. Good consistency, but lacks finishing power. Looking for...
  9. JPen Advice

Hi all, Recently I decided to try JPen. I am currently using a CPen Yasaka Ma Lin Carbon with DHS Skyline 3 forehand and 729 Focus 3 backhand for RPB. I noticed that instead of using RPB, I tend to use forehand pivot a lot, so I might benefit from using a JPen. I have done some researches...
  10. Modern JPen blades - overview??

Hi, this is my very amateur attempt to start a discussion on a selection/classification of Jpen blades, there is so much choice for Shakehand or even Cpen but Jpen is a complete mystery to me. PLUS THERE ARE NO POPULAR MODELS IN JPEN. Please feel free to add your comments, experience etc. Are...
  11. LF: inexpensive small-size Jpen hinoki blade

We've got a a promising young player at the club with a fantastic technique and feel for the ball. He can do anything with anything, and he likes to experiment. One of the things he likes to try is penhold play, and he's held a Jpen blade once. These things are very uncommon over here...
  12. Share pics of your penhold grip: rpb, tpb, jpen, pimples twiddling etc

I primarily play rpb penhold, and given that most information is Chinese, and that is penholders are constantly seeking innovation in terms of our grip, a thread seemed appropriate. Atm, I still block using tpb, but primarily avoid this stroke, playing a much more ma Lin and Xu xin inspired...
  13. FS: HL3 (FL), Hurricane B-2 combo (FL), Xiom power hinoki(JPEN)

Selling 3 blades, all prices exclude shipping however offers are welcome, prefer cash as need the funds for violin lessons. Hurricane Long 3 FL: 90g Sealed No original Box Chip in upper left of backhand side £45 Bought from member on here which he got from TT11 (i saw invoice)...
  14. FS: Xiom Power Hinoki Jpen, Yinhe V-16 FL

FS: Yasaka Extra Special, Xiom Power Hinoki + more Hi guys, I'm selling out a lot of my stuff since I found my ideal paddle already and not going to EJ anymore (I hope, lol). 1) Complete paddles a) Yasaka Extra Special FL, 94g, with Rakza X in black and Rakza 7 in red. The whole bat has...
  15. Jpen round or square?

Hi, I am planning to purchase two two-sided Jpen blades: Nittaku Large Shiny Nittaku Large Ace But each blade has got two shapes: Jpen square 162x132 mm and Jpen round 160x140 mm. Which shape is better? I assume JPen should give more power for attack/topspin than Cpen. But if the head shape...
  16. Need help for Jpen rubber.

Hello there! Early this month i decided to move back to Jpen as i do not have any wrist pain anymore and also i find it more fun :o At the moment, im using a Nittaku A 9mm witha Xiom Omega IV Asia but im struggling with this setup. I feel itway too fast for me, prior, i was using a Acoustic...
  17. Looking for Inexpensive 1 ply hinoki Jpen blade

Looking to try jpen looking for an inexpensive(and therefore second hand) Jpen blade, if you have one you're willing to offer PM me(will consider a combo with a rubber as i'd hav to get one anyhow) UK member so ideally UK/EU. Closed
  18. Help me choose a nice Jpen.

Hello there again :o The EJ bug got me again and now i decided to acquire a jpen. I started in table tennis with an old Aries 9mm and i think im a bit nostalgic now. I already got dem monies but still not decided which one to get. The blades that are in my reach are: Nittaku Excellent A...
  19. Any JPEN player can help me

I'm going to make a JPEN blade, but I don't have any parameter about it. Any player who have a Jpen blade can give me its parameter, weight,... And where is the equilibrium of jpen blade. Thank you very much for support. Have a nice weekend to all. :)
  20. JPEN backhand topspin

I'm a penholder. I'm trying to learn the backhand topspin by forehand, look like Kim Teak Soo and Ryu Seung Min. It's very hard and i don't have any coach, i practice with my friend some day per week. Please give me some tutorial to do that :(