7ply all wood blade advice similar to the attributes of Clipper CR WRB

This user has no status.
Hey guys,

I've been playing with Clipper CR WRB 90gr for the recent 2 years. I have changed my rubbers from T05 on FH and 64T on BH 6 months ago. My play improved a lot more with the Gewo Hype KR 47.5 rubbers. The only issue i am having is the angle of the blade now related with rubbers, quite medium-low throw which helps a lot in the game and keeping the ball low most of the time on the table. I have seen lots of advantages of the blade.

I'm looking for a better quality but similar (only higher throw angle) blade compared with Clipper CR WRB.

What I have used for testing in the recent games:
Gewo Alvaro Robles OFF: This blade has higher throw and similar speed but I believe there is something lacking in the blade like it doesn't react same from most of the core layers.
OSP Ultimate: it is slower but it has higher throw compared with Clipper CR WRB with the same rubbers. But the speed lacked. One of my friend told me to purchase OSP Martin to be closer to Clipper CR but better quality. I have no experience.
Stiga Offensive Wood NCT: Vibration is quite high compared with Clipper CR WRB and slower.
Avalox P500: Vibration was qutie a lot and speed is too slow.
Nittaku Ma Long Seven LG (Large Handle): This blade was lovely in the close distance, nice flicks nice control and marvelous feeling but it lacked speed in the mid distance. I had to spend to much energy.
Hurricane Long III: Slower speed. I didn't like it.
Tibhar Samsonov Black Force Pro: This blade is very close, it has better quality, yet it is slower.

What is your recommendations? Simply, higher throw and maybe just a little bit less stiff and similar speed blade compared with Clipper CR WRB?
Thank you very much.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Maybe yinhe v-14 pro, fast and higher throw than clipper CR. but waaay less feeling, if you want the feel of a fast hitting hard surfaced blade with stiff characteristics you will find it hard.
usually better throw (spin) comes with sofness and flex and clipper CR is hard and stiff.
the best way to do this probably is to use a higher throw rubber on forehand, blade throw is much harder to work out than rubber.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2016
I dont think clipper has a low throw angle as a blade. I have found almost all limba outer ply blades have pretty high or just high throw angle when paired with Tenergy 05.

Frankly as far as 7 ply go, there are only other blades that are as good as clipper, not better

This user has no status.
I dont think clipper has a low throw angle as a blade. I have found almost all limba outer ply blades have pretty high or just high throw angle when paired with Tenergy 05.

Frankly as far as 7 ply go, there are only other blades that are as good as clipper, not better
Hmm OSP Ultimate has limba outer ply, but throw angle is high.
But you are right on T05, throw angle is quite satisfying on Clipper but short balls are problematic due to spring sponge issue.

This user has no status.
Maybe yinhe v-14 pro, fast and higher throw than clipper CR. but waaay less feeling, if you want the feel of a fast hitting hard surfaced blade with stiff characteristics you will find it hard.
usually better throw (spin) comes with sofness and flex and clipper CR is hard and stiff.
the best way to do this probably is to use a higher throw rubber on forehand, blade throw is much harder to work out than rubber.
Thanks for the tip. yeah, finding it difficult, i am trying my luck :)