All Japan Table Tennis Championships-2023

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2019
91862190-C892-43A2-A9C8-B97800254D25.jpg

All Japan Table Tennis Championships-2023 - Japan National Table Tennis Championship 2023, which was held from January 23 to 29, 2023 in Osaka, Japan under the leadership of Japan Table Tennis Association in 7 events: men's and women's singles and doubles, mixed doubles, men's and women's singles among juniors. The Japanese Championships for cadets and juniors are held separately. This will be the 84th All Japan National Championships (established in 1935 and had a hiatus during World War II).

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
I was at the Stadium today. it was round of 16 and QF for doubles, and round of 32 and 16 for singles.
it was played on 16 tables. unfortunately the players weren't mixed with the crowd this time.

lots of incredible action. some of the highlights:
- ITO lost 1-4 to high school student YOKOI 1-4. a terrible upset. ITO wasn't at her best but YOKOI was playing extraordinary well. I've seen her always quickly as an easy victim to the top players in her prior matches. WTF happened ?
- NIWA lost to YOKOTANI. can't say its a surprise, is this the last of NIWA as a pro ?
- HARIMOTO cruised against MURAMATSU and then YOKOTANI. much harder time for other favorites like TOGAMI or OIKAWA or UDA who went through.
- SHINOZUKA appears like the most dangerous guy behind HARIMOTO. He's currently 2nd in the standings for the race to the Olympics. he scored a 4-2 victory in round of 16 against in-form Maharu YOSHIMURA in a very exciting match.
- favorite HAYATA won against Miwa HARIMOTO 4-1 but it was much more difficult than it seems on the score sheet.
- NAGASAKI was ousted today in tight full set game against the lesser known IZUMO. it was a near exit for HIRANO (seems injured a bit as she withdrew from doubles) against ODO and ISHIKAWA against KATO but they both survived.
- choppers doubles SATO/HASHIMOTO played an extraordinary match against NAGASAKI/KIHARA. Both pairs have earnt bronze medal in world champs, with the latter pair also an ITTF grand finals title. SATO was also very solid in singles against IDESAWA then against ANDO, both tough opponents. However KIHARA won against HASHIMOTO as a revenge.

TOMORROW
1/4 M

TOGAMI - TANAKA

OIKAWA - SHINOZUKA

HARIMOTO - YOSHIYAMA

SONE - UDA

--

1/4 F

YOKOI - IZUMO

SUZUKI - KIHARA

ISHIKAWA - SATO

HIRANO - HAYATA

--

1/2 MD

OIKAWA/MATSUSHIMA (qui ont sorti UDA/TOGAMI) - SANBEI/RYUSAKI

OSHIMA/TAZOE Kenta - HARIMOTO/MORIZONO

1/2 WD

ITO/HAYATA - SATO/HASHIMOTO

SHIBATA/ODO - NARUMOTO/I

---
I spent a great day at the stadium. I bought a brand new Tibhar racket signed by Kenta MATSUDAIRA, and also played 3 balls with Vladimir SAMSONOV who was doing some promotion for them. I'm going to the stadium again tomorrow !
---
I tried to go yesterday to support my coach OYA; i hadn't bought the tickets in advance, as i though it would be possible to buy them at the stadium but day tickets were sold out, only 30 were available WTF ???
i ended watching him on my little mobile phone screen lose 3-4 after leading 3-1 to a young guy named SHIKAYA in the round of 64, his first match as a seeded player. very sad for him, but quite normal, he has little time to train seriously any more, and he's way past his best.

in round of 64 there were also many prominent victims such as Satoshi AIDA, Jin UEDA, Masataka MORIZONO, and last year's finalist Kenta MATSUDAIRA (he lost to Kazuhiro YOSHIMURA)
---
XD winners are HARIMOTO/HAYATA.
Boys winner is HAGIWARA against Sora MATSUSHIMA, in a tight decider
Girls winner is Miwa HARIMOTO against Yuna OJIO who won against her older sister in SF.

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
This is a shocking loss from Ito. I never heard from Sakura Yokoi, is this a big talent?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
YOKOI is an all Japan high school team champion, and she got as far to SF in the Junior singles.
she's already belongs to a T-league team (Nihon Paint Maretsu) which gives her the opportunity to train with some of the best players regularly and she made a few appearances too

She was rather a victim in the internal selection tournaments in which she participated so far.

This victory over ITO puts the spotlight on her and is a big surprise.

This event counts a lot towards the race for the 2 olympic single spots, and with this defeat ITO will probably lose her current 2nd standing. KIHARA, ISHIKAWA and SATO may get in front of her.

Last edited:
Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
Shinozuka struggled more than I thought against Oikawa. He was 0-2 down then 2-2 then 2-3. He was making a lot of mistakes in his BH side in long rallies after FH .
But he recouped and got game 6 easily. He was leading 2-4 in g7 and got a lucky bet. From there Oikawa literally collapsed and lost 2-11

Reactions: tackyfh
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Shinozuka struggled more than I thought against Oikawa. He was 0-2 down then 2-2 then 2-3. He was making a lot of mistakes in his BH side in long rallies after FH .
But he recouped and got game 6 easily. He was leading 2-4 in g7 and got a lucky bet. From there Oikawa literally collapsed and lost 2-11
Oikawa though not too strong is always a stable player, I remembered their matches before were all tight matches

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi

mrk

This user has no status.

mrk

This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Is there a non japanese website will full results?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
K.Yoshimura v Kenta Matsudaira (1/32)

Niwa v Yokotani (1/16)

Hashimoto v Kihara (1/8)

----

Table 1

Ito/Hayata v Sato/Hashimoto (1/2) &

Harimoto/Morizono v Oshima/K.Tazoe (1/2)

then

Ito/Hayata v Narumoto/I (F) et Harimoto/Morizono v Oikawa/Matsushima

---

Shinozuka v Oikawa (1/4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUlrWGfxVms

---
tomorrow's program SF + F

Men's SF

TOGAMI - SHINOZUKA

HARIMOTO - SONE

Women's SF

HAYATA - ISHIKAWA

KIHARA - YOKOI

full results here (in Japanese)

@mrk not that i know, try using Google Translate

----
I was at the stadium today again.
the most spectacular singles QF was HAYATA v HIRANO but it was a 4-0 straight victory for HAYATA, and OIKAWA v SHINOZUKA ( see above). The others singles didn't attract much attraction for me. i was a bit surprised to see SONE win so easily against UDA.

HARIMOTO/MORIZONO had to fight very hard to get the title both in SF and F. Both matches were very high level with stunning rallies. It was much easier for ITO/HAYATA although they dropped G1 to the chopper pair in SF, but there after they dominated and it never felt they could be losing. the WD final was a one-way street, looks like the other half level was a bit below in level (HIRANO/ISHIKAWA withdrew).

Last edited:
Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
K.Yoshimura v Kenta Matsudaira (1/32)

Niwa v Yokotani (1/16)

Hashimoto v Kihara (1/8)

----

Table 1

Ito/Hayata v Sato/Hashimoto (1/2) &

Harimoto/Morizono v Oshima/K.Tazoe (1/2)

then

Ito/Hayata v Narumoto/I (F) et Harimoto/Morizono v Oikawa/Matsushima

---

Shinozuka v Oikawa (1/4)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUlrWGfxVms

---
tomorrow's program SF + F

Men's SF

TOGAMI - SHINOZUKA

HARIMOTO - SONE

Women's SF

HAYATA - ISHIKAWA

KIHARA - YOKOI

full results here (in Japanese)

@mrk not that i know, try using Google Translate

----
I was at the stadium today again.
the most spectacular singles QF was HAYATA v HIRANO but it was a 4-0 straight victory for HAYATA, and OIKAWA v SHINOZUKA ( see above). The others singles didn't attract much attraction for me. i was a bit surprised to see SONE win so easily against UDA.

HARIMOTO/MORIZONO had to fight very hard to get the title both in SF and F. Both matches were very high level with stunning rallies. It was much easier for ITO/HAYATA although they dropped G1 to the chopper pair in SF, but there after they dominated and it never felt they could be losing. the WD final was a one-way street, looks like the other half level was a bit below in level (HIRANO/ISHIKAWA withdrew).
Everyone is below Hayata's level even if they play good points against her. She just needs to show this form in international matches against the big names.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Before that match, HIRANO won their lost encounter last year 4-2, coming back from 0-2, at the TOP32 (final) last November, an internal tournament for the race to Paris singles spot.

it wasn't a done deal at all that todays match would turn out this way
It was a bit obvious at that match that Hirano won that Hayata was dealing with injuries, just as Hirano is now, though Hirano's are not as severe. I know we like to make things not a done deal, but to me it would take something extraordinary for Hayata to lose a match in this event.

Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2016
1/2 H

TOGAMI - SHINOZUKA 4-3

HARIMOTO - SONE 4-1

1/2 F

HAYATA - ISHIKAWA 4-0

KIHARA - YOKOI 4-1

FH

TOGAMI - HARIMOTO 4-2 (8 -10 15 6 -7 4)

HAYATA - KIHARA 4-2 (-9 -11 5 8 7 10)

TOGAMI et HAYATA win their second singles title. HAYATA came back from 0-2 down and was crying after her victory.

TOGAMI managed to defend his title.

Here are some vids.

HAYATA-HARIMOTO (1/8)

HAYATA-ISHIKAWA (SF) + TOGAMI-SHINOZUKA (SF)

HAYATA - KIHARA (F)

TOGAMI - HARIMOTO (F)