Any experiences about the Victas V 22 Double Extra?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
I'm interested in this rubber, as it has the highest spin and control rating in revspin.com. If you have opinions or information, I'm curious about anything, speed, spin, control, hardness, feel, durability, usability.

Previously I've made another topic for the Victas V 15 Extra. If you have information about that rubber, please, share with us!

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I'm interested in this rubber, as it has the highest spin and control rating in revspin.com. If you have opinions or information, I'm curious about anything, speed, spin, control, hardness, feel, durability, usability.

Previously I've made another topic for the Victas V 15 Extra. If you have information about that rubber, please, share with us!

Thanks.
Ive hit with it before on a friend's racket. It feels less bouncy and a bit stiffer and deader than other popular esn rubbers.

I think you need to hit quite hard to activate it, and it might benefit from booster. Seems like it requires a fairly high level

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
Ive hit with it before on a friend's racket. It feels less bouncy and a bit stiffer and deader than other popular esn rubbers.

I think you need to hit quite hard to activate it, and it might benefit from booster. Seems like it requires a fairly high level
Thanks for answering!

From what you've written, I guess that it is rather a control-oriented rubber than supporting all out speed and power. Interesting.

Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Tried it, didn't quite like the narrow margin of error because it requires more hitting to engage the rubber to generate spin (compared to what I'm used to of course), if you don't hit through enough the ball just slips off. v>22 is easier to generate spin than v>15, v>20 is less sensitive to spin than v>15, two seperate paths Victas took to upgrade v>15.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
Tried it, didn't quite like the narrow margin of error because it requires more hitting to engage the rubber to generate spin (compared to what I'm used to of course), if you don't hit through enough the ball just slips off. v>22 is easier to generate spin than v>15, v>20 is less sensitive to spin than v>15, two seperate paths Victas took to upgrade v>15.
Yeah, you really have to engage the sponge to create spin. Good for forehand but backhand had my fair share of slippage. The v> rubbers tend to have that characteristic.

Reactions: DukeGaGa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
I just got a sheet over the weekend and today is my first day testing it. I like it quite a bit.

Best way to describe it. Kind of catapulty but not too much. The sponge is harder but yet the top sheet is soft. Overall feeling is great on my backhand side.

I would say it is harder than Rakza 7 soft and less catapulty but when hit hard, it still has speed.

It has more catapult than say C-1 and Xiom Vega Asia.

Its price point is higher than Rakza 7 soft, C-1 and of course Xiom Vega Asia.

Do I like it? Yes. Do I like it at its regular price of $57.32? No way.

Will I buy another sheet? Yes if I play match and do well with it.

All joking aside, my backhand does pretty good with Rakza 7 soft, C-1, Xiom Vega Asia and Xiom Vega Japan. But if I were to play a match, I would pick Rakza 7 soft. So with more practices and matches, I will see if I trust Victas V > 22 Double Extra.

On a side note, I played with Rozena on my regular blade for the first time today as well. Does it feel good? Yes. Rozena is soft and does not really remind me of Tenergy 05 fx at all. It is like a toned down version of Rakza 7 soft instead. I will see if the top sheet is grippy enough for me or not. But I also heard that Rozena is relatively spin insensitive. We will see.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I used the V22 for a few months and really liked it a lot. It has good grip with a slight bit of tack. Good power when you accelerate with it It lasted quite a long time too and didn't lose much grip. The only downfall I found was that it was a little unstable. When hitting medium speed short pushes or soft punches it didn't go where I want it to. It felt like hitting with jello where it was a little jiggly. I don't know how else to explain it. However if you spin it and hit with more speed you can over come the instability.

Reactions: JJ Ng
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018
Read 1 reviews
I used the V22 for a few months and really liked it a lot. It has good grip with a slight bit of tack. Good power when you accelerate with it It lasted quite a long time too and didn't lose much grip. The only downfall I found was that it was a little unstable. When hitting medium speed short pushes or soft punches it didn't go where I want it to. It felt like hitting with jello where it was a little jiggly. I don't know how else to explain it. However if you spin it and hit with more speed you can over come the instability.
That's the same way I felt with V>15, when slow it was solid, when fast it was incredible. But if you hit with medium power, it was unstable. The medium power is used during counters near the table. So the rubber to me was only good for winners.

Reactions: JJ Ng