Any suggestion for a >$50 budget blade ?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Read 3 reviews
Baum Esprit, Ovtcharov Senso Carbon, Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon, Senso V1 and V2 versions, Dyjas Ultra Power...
lot's of great blades, Baum Esprit and Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon are the most famous I think.
Nittaku is a lot more expensive, so mostly the beginner blades will be in that price range.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Baum Esprit, Ovtcharov Senso Carbon, Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon, Senso V1 and V2 versions, Dyjas Ultra Power...
lot's of great blades, Baum Esprit and Waldner Senso Ultra Carbon are the most famous I think.
Nittaku is a lot more expensive, so mostly the beginner blades will be in that price range.
Donic's blade heh, I guess I need a lot more control on the blade specs.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
Need to know your playing style. Do you prefer OFF+ / OFF/ALL blade. Do you prefer with carbon layer or all wood.
So many options :)
I could say that I'm the offensive player and really need a fast and control blade. So would you prefer it to be mix one here? To be honest, I'm quite new to the terms here and need to check it up sometimes on internet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I'm not aware of any budget Nittaku blades, but I do know there are quite a few affordable Donic blades. The Appelgren Allplay comes to mind.
The price is decent for me but I need to up the specs a bit more than that, so I could use it in long period of time.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What made you say Donic or Nittaku?

I honestly think you are shooting in the dark. Go to a club. Get a bunch of people to let you try their setups. Ask a good player to recommend some things that may suit your level.

Usually people just trying to figure out equipment go pretty wrong because the TT companies provide specs that are deceptive and don’t mean much.

The Appelgren Allplay is something that a pretty high level player could use and play well and aggressively with despite the specs listed.

But the general tendency if for newer players, getting their first setup where they are buying rubbers and blade separately, usually get setups that are too fast and too spin sensitive.

Based on a few things you said, I am guessing an All+ to Off- all wood blade should be good for you.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I could say that I'm the offensive player and really need a fast and control blade. So would you prefer it to be mix one here? To be honest, I'm quite new to the terms here and need to check it up sometimes on internet.
Red flag...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
What made you say Donic or Nittaku?

I honestly think you are shooting in the dark. Go to a club. Get a bunch of people to let you try their setups. Ask a good player to recommend some things that may suit your level.

Usually people just trying to figure out equipment go pretty wrong because the TT companies provide specs that are deceptive and don’t mean much.

The Appelgren Allplay is something that a pretty high level player could use and play well and aggressively with despite the specs listed.

But the general tendency if for newer players, getting their first setup where they are buying rubbers and blade separately, usually get setups that are too fast and too spin sensitive.

Based on a few things yoga said, I am guessing an All+ to Off- all wood blade should be good for you.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy
You guessed me right. I don't have any experience or knowledge about the tt equipments. I would like to follow your suggestion about trying club's people setups but that's also the case. It's hardly to find a good table tennis player here ( I'm studying abroad in Taiwan ) really hard to find a club here.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
What do you say If I put Stiga Offensive Classic blade together with Fastarc G-1 for FH and Yasaka Rakza 7 for BH ?

How long have you been playing and training seriously for, like minimum of 10-15 hours a week? Or have you not done that yet?

What was the last racket you used? What blade, what rubbers? Or was it a recreational racket?

If the answer is the last option for either line, then you should not get your proposed setup.

Any reason why you are choosing different rubbers for FH and BH?

Most players who do not really know what their BH needs that is different than their FH and arbitrarily choose different rubbers for the two are making bad guesses.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
You guessed me right. I don't have any experience or knowledge about the tt equipments. I would like to follow your suggestion about trying club's people setups but that's also the case. It's hardly to find a good table tennis player here ( I'm studying abroad in Taiwan ) really hard to find a club here.

where in Taiwan are you

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2017
I've been playing seriously for a year and got trained by my PE teacher in my university for 4 months after I asked about the techniques in table tennis. The first and currently racket I'm using is out of famous brand because after searching info in internet that I didnt have to use such an advanced racket to begin with and now I'm sure that I have reached the next level to use custom racket that fits my playstyle.

I think I choose different rubbers for each side because for BH side I used to block opponent's fast attack and I need more in control for BH side. Then for FH side I guess I just need power and fast rubber on it to offense.