Any Tibhar Hybrid K2 users?

Looking for some reviews on K2 on forehand, i tried some hybrids before like Joola Dynaryz ZGR and Rhyzen ZGR but the 57,5 degress of Dynaryz an way too hard on passive strokes and the 54-55 degress of Rhyzen is good but lack tackiness and have some short arc, the ball is always on the middle of the table with Dynaryz i found a better long arc so researching i found about K2 and i was wondering if will be a good choice, the price is good for me too.

I've used it.Its listed as 54 but felt a bit softer to me.I feel it wasn't particularly good at anything, just mediocre. I found it felt a bit dull on the FH hand drives and loops.Ive never used K3 but it seems those who've used it spoke positively, with some K2 users claiming it's a great improvement. TT11 has it on sale till Sunday, for now, it's actually the same price as K2 .Maybe just getting the K3 could be an option as it's listed as 53 deg,on paper at least, a tad softer than K2 .

This user has no status.
I used the K2 as an alternative for H3. Sadly the arc is flatter, the amount if spin lower. But it is a bit faster. For me the lower arc makes it a bit too hard to perform equally well as with H3 before. So i had to ditch it.

Battle 2 provincial (not BS) gets closer to H3. Has around the same speed as k2, if you boost the b2, way better arc and more spin.

But if these rubbers feel too hard for you, you might go the gold version of battle 2.

I havnt tested the Yinhe Jupiter 3 enough to safely recommend that one, but it could be an option. It is quite cheap but still way faster than mentioned rubbers above. Has a decent arc and more spin than K2. Maybe less than B2 but i am not so sure about that for now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have not tried it but there is a hybrid rubber from gewo called codexx which is available in 52 and 54 degrees and has a reasonable price.

Maybe that also would be an option.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
I have not tried it but there is a hybrid rubber from gewo called codexx which is available in 52 and 54 degrees and has a reasonable price.

Maybe that also would be an option.

codexx rubbers at contra are 46.90 euros, k2 at ttnpp are a steal at 30. In terms of performance, if you want a faster H3, nothing comes close to K2.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Possibly the joola golden tango is the "same" rubber, but K2 from China is really cheap.

I wish Tibhar or anyone would release the K2 sponge with a K3 like topsheet. I feel the K2 topsheet is letting it down a bit. Or not letting it down but I think that sponge has more to offer with a better topsheet, but it's still a very good rubber in all aspects.

Last edited:
Reactions: vvk1
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Possibly the joola golden tango is the "same" rubber, but K2 from China is really cheap.

I wish Tibhar or anyone would release the K2 sponge with a K3 like topsheet. I feel the K2 topsheet is letting it down a bit. Or not letting it down but I think that sponge has more to offer with a better topsheet, but it's still a very good rubber in all aspects.

Lol, it's the opposite for me. I would not mind trying a rubber that had the K2 topsheet on the K3 sponge :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hmmm, I think the Rakza Z EH is a close bet. The Rakza Z topsheet is very similar to the K2, it doesn't have the short Hurricane type pimples and thick top layer. And just as K2's topsheet seems to have a sticky layer on top, Rakza Z seems to be the same tech.
It's really visible around the mold that K2 and Rakza Z has some coating on the rubber, while Donic C2 is different tech.

What I found is that Rakza Z and Joola Golden Tango PS and to some extent the C2 has pored sponge but all of them are lazy. If anything they are "unbouncy".

That solid K2 sponge totally reminds me of a boosted H3 BS in feeling and speed etc, however compared to the boosted H3 BS the topsheet just can't make the same spin. In some way it's an advantage for the K2. For fast attack the K2 is still probably the best rubber rivaling said boosted H3 BS and for 25-30USD without the need of boosting that's still an insanely good deal.

K2 is 49-50g cut, in comparison a Rakza Z or C2 is 53-55g and I think the K2 and Rakza style topsheet has significantly better durability than K3 or C2, but K3 and C2 are spinnier.

It would be a pretty good experiment to have a H3 topsheet glued to the K2 sponge.