Any TT shops in UK? (specifically London)

Hi all,

Not sure if I am posting in the right place but would like to ask if there are any Table Tennis shops in London? I am currently in Coventry (would like to know if there are any here as well) for studies, and would like to get some new gear but can't seem to find any here. I did a quick google search and only found Topspin sports but would like to know if there are any more as I will be going to London the coming week.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Maybe it's me but I don't find them very appealing it's easy enough to buy from the Far East !

It is indeed easy to buy from the "far east". However, in my personal experience, orders from tt11 arrive much quicker than from any webshop in Japan, China or Korea.

Reactions: Ilia Minkin
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2011
It is indeed easy to buy from the "far east". However, in my personal experience, orders from tt11 arrive much quicker than from any webshop in Japan, China or Korea.
Well , recently they come very quick from TTnPP or Prott for example & there is a huge price difference eg Violin £117 on a special as opposed to £66 !

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Hi all,

Not sure if I am posting in the right place but would like to ask if there are any Table Tennis shops in London? I am currently in Coventry (would like to know if there are any here as well) for studies, and would like to get some new gear but can't seem to find any here. I did a quick google search and only found Topspin sports but would like to know if there are any more as I will be going to London the coming week.

So far as I know the ONLY , "Table Tennis shop" in England - in the sense that you can walk into the showroom off the street and make a purchase like you would in any other kind of shop - is Tees Sport, and that's no use to you because it's up in the land of the wildlings. No, in the UK you have to order your TT gear from the internet. There were proper shops in London in the 70s and 80s, but they're long gone. Topspin's address is a private house, not a shop, and so are the addresses of several of the other internet TT businesses. Bribar operate from what looks like a set of farm buildings in a small village. Thorntons and Tees are both in industrial estates, although Tees have a showroom as I said previously. Once upon a time you could buy reputable TT gear in a general Sports shop, but since Sports Direct took over the world you can forget that although you can get some very basic beginner's gear there as you can in Decathlon.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013

JHB

says Aged and infirm of purpose
Here's a list of table tennis shops in the UK, which I know about. As others have mentioned, all of these you will need to order online, unless you want to take a trip to Tees Sport.

http://www.tabletenniscoach.me.uk/table-tennis-shops/table-tennis-shops-in-uk/

If you know of any others, please let me know and I'll add to the list.

Well, I've accumulated a list over the last three years and I have Ppong.co.uk and Tabletennishub in addition to the ones in your list. I will say though that when I ordered from Tabletennishub my order was shipped from Thailand ! There is also one called Hallmark Table Tennis but they only seem to sell pimples-out rubbers and a few blades with their own branding.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews