Backhand rubber

This user has no status.
Hi

I would like to know what rubbers do you recommend or suggest for backhand that is not sensitive to coming very spinney serves? honestly speaking it became my weakest point now, many many shots lost due to very spinney low slow or close to the edge to my backhand side, my T05FX and in the past T64 on JM blade weren't good enough for me to return, so i think i should look for a good rubber.

I have that 9000 good enough but i used that on N-11 blade which i don't use much, this blade didn't match the control or speed of my DHS HH3 with forehand, but with 2 or 3 blades i have with Tenergy rubbers on BH i lose a lot when they serve to my BH side, i tend to flick a lot then to get some points but this didn't help much, and my technique is not good yet to receiver/return that, and i know it will take years if i get coaching until we reach about returning serves, so until that time coming i don't want to lose more just because of my backhand weak receiving, for smash of normal shots is great, that is only in practicing with others, but in tournaments or serious games they serve so spinney to my BH more and i lose more points due to that, i do serve to their BH too and they had problems too, but sounds i can't keep rally with them or win more points when i lose easier shots or some serves.

I am not thinking/planning to use pips out yet, i have LP on a defensive blade but i am not getting used to that blade at all, it needs too much training and playing with it, but i don't want to go defensive style as i see all or many defensive players lose to many offensive players, but i may accept using SP instead or anti spin if that will help, but i hear/read that those pips out or anti spin are all slow rubbers anyway.

This user has no status.
Dude, rubber isnt going to help. You are better off hunting/studying youtube vids on how to return serves.

Well, everyday i watch that, even i watch other players who do return those serves, but it is easy to watch and not easy to do, it needs a lot of practice, or another solution if there with the rubber, and i said that the rubber on my N-11 [9000E] helped to return those serves or the pips out, but those rubbers are slow, but maybe there is not fast to medium speed rubbers that are good for that?

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I actually didn't want to post here, 'cause last time i responded to you, it seemed you misunderstood my comment, totally.

But anyway, here's the thing:
There is no such thing like an ultimate rubber that is totally insensitive to incoming spin and can create ton loads of spin on it's own! (I guess if there was, EVERYBODY would play with it.) ;-)

If you get a short pips rubber it would help you maybe getting your serve returns on the table, but it's also much much harder to create spin on your own, so i really wouldn't recommend that in a beginner status. I think it would be better finding someone who wants to practice on his serve, so you could combine your goals and he'll practice on his serve and you can work on your return. If you can do that for a while, you'll see your returns getting better from time to time. You can also play matches, but it would be helpful to let your practice partner do all the serves since your returns seem to be your weak point and seem to need some practice. I don't think it's your serve returns in general. I guess you rather seem to have a little trouble reading the spins on the serves and that's what makes your returns go off the table. And only practice and an Understanding of what is happening can help that....

Well, of course you can do what you want, but this is how we do it.
Now i wrote again a whole bunch of stuff and i hope this time it is more helpful than last time. ;-)

Don't give it up, buddy. If you really wanna get there, you'll get there. Take your time.

Edit: an "easy-to-control" type rubber like a sriver or a magic carbon or any type of non tensor rather 'slowish' rubber could be helpful in your case.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Maybe the xiom musa can help you.

But to be honest I think it won't solve the problem. The only way to get rid of it is a better technique/understanding.

I can say service and service return is one of my strengths and I'll try to give you some basic tips. It's difficult to give more specific and advanced tips because I don't know how you play or with which services you struggle. A video of you would help. I really believe basic receiving is not so difficult. Yes, of course high-level receiving is one of the most difficult parts of the game since the server has all the time of the world to make the stroke.

As I said, I don't know what your level is right now so I'll start with some very fundamental tips.
1. Return to where the movement starts. For example: If the opponent does a BH serve from right -> left you must return to the right side of the table otherwise the ball will go off the table. (Of course at higher levels the players can manipulate this. Just watch Ovtcharov's BH serve to understand what I say. He can make a sideway movement in the beginning but contact the ball with a forward movement underneath the ball. -> backspin serve. So at higher levels you should watch the movement when he/she contacts the ball.
2. If he/she does a upward movement, it's topspin. A downward movement -> backspin. (Again, at higher levels they can manipulate this. For example Werner Schlager does the opposite. Here he explains this:
)
3. Easiest way to return a long topspin-sidespin serve: block to where the movement starts.
Easiest way to return a long/short backspin(-sidespin) serve: push (to where the movement starts.)
4. The first set is very important: here you try to reveal his different serves. It's normal you'll miss a few/lot of serves in the first set. Analyse carefully your mistakes/misreads!!!!! If a ball pops up high, it means that you pushed on a topspin or nospin ball. If the ball goes in the net, you should open your racket angle a bit more.
5.Last remedy: when nothing works and you keep misreading the service, just take a step back and chop with lots of backspin!!

These are only the very basic tips to reduce the faults of your own. Once you mastered this, you can try to make a strength of it. -> give difficult balls back so the server cannot attack or even misses the ball.

Last edited:
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
On the second I'm thinking either Jp-03 or P7. They have different qualities but both are great for your description. I recomended you read some reviews about P7. :L
Then again, your observation skills and technuiqe matters more than any rubber. Listen to JulienB and SugaD :L

says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
On the flip side, using a very spin-reactive rubber from the beginning gets a player to pay more attention to reading and adjusting for spin, so there is more than one "Correct" answer.

I choose the BH I used for years, because I discovered I could make my own bat speed and bat acceleration regardless of what rubber I slapped on it. So I went for control (and value). You can't beat $8 a sheet for a rubber that is controllable, spinny enough, and lasts 3 months on Der_Echte's bat even if he plays 4+ hrs a day.

I could have done just as well with a much more expensive or modern rubber, but after trial and not so much error, I discovered for myself I really needed CONTROL rubber for BH wing.

This user has no status.
Some rubbers are naturally more spin reactive than others.

I used XP 2008 on my BH for 5 years as it was a very good balance of control and enough speed, plus it wasn't hyper sensitive to incoming spin.

True, and i saw that with different rubbers, but i am not sure if i go with that fast or hard or balanced rubber, when i see many using those kind of fast rubbers i feel like why not, but to be honest, most of them using those fast rubbers on the forehand, and on BH not all are using fast rubbers or so sensitive rubber for incoming serves or spin, even some using pips out regardless of its character, so maybe it is time i should leave Tenergy rubber out of equation a bit on my BH for a while.

This user has no status.
I actually didn't want to post here, 'cause last time i responded to you, it seemed you misunderstood my comment, totally.

But anyway, here's the thing:
There is no such thing like an ultimate rubber that is totally insensitive to incoming spin and can create ton loads of spin on it's own! (I guess if there was, EVERYBODY would play with it.) ;-)

If you get a short pips rubber it would help you maybe getting your serve returns on the table, but it's also much much harder to create spin on your own, so i really wouldn't recommend that in a beginner status. I think it would be better finding someone who wants to practice on his serve, so you could combine your goals and he'll practice on his serve and you can work on your return. If you can do that for a while, you'll see your returns getting better from time to time. You can also play matches, but it would be helpful to let your practice partner do all the serves since your returns seem to be your weak point and seem to need some practice. I don't think it's your serve returns in general. I guess you rather seem to have a little trouble reading the spins on the serves and that's what makes your returns go off the table. And only practice and an Understanding of what is happening can help that....

Well, of course you can do what you want, but this is how we do it.
Now i wrote again a whole bunch of stuff and i hope this time it is more helpful than last time. ;-)

Don't give it up, buddy. If you really wanna get there, you'll get there. Take your time.

Edit: an "easy-to-control" type rubber like a sriver or a magic carbon or any type of non tensor rather 'slowish' rubber could be helpful in your case.

Well, misunderstanding happens everywhere even in the best families.

About your reply here, actually i wasn't looking for a rubber to create spin, i want a rubber that can kill or return spin effectively without creating another spin, i don't depends on spin for my return, i can general spin with my forehand, but when i return or using my BH i don't use spin anyway, so i wasn't asking about a rubber to return spinney serve with spin.

Also, you statement is right, the second time i had the training with our coach who told me about how to read the serves and how to return it, but honestly speaking, the return wasn't perfect at all and even he didn't said that the return is wrong or not good, because all returns i managed to do were very easy for attack or for opponent to finish, but he never said about it, but i saw that and i know if someone returned as i did then i can smash him easily, so maybe he didn't want to teach me how to return properly, and i don't want to return serves to have another losing points, it will be almost equal to get the balls off the table, but maybe all will say to return it is better than nothing or off table, also i am not always focusing on the balls to red every serve, sometimes they surprise me, so i was thinking about a rubber that can help manage the spin of serves so i can focus on another things.

Once i move to my house and buy a table i will ask about a robot that can create heavy spin balls so i can practice on that at home, but it is still early to talk about it.

And sorry again if i misunderstood your posts before.

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
Perfect rubber for you

729 804 Antispin 1.5

Actually the rubber is half Antispin .. easy service return without much skill .. good blocking .. hitting vs BS

Cheap too

I see, i will look at it, but before i buy this i will test that Yasaka Antipower [Antispin] that i've got from the PO yesterday, will see if this is good enough then i wouldn't buy the one you mentioned here, one rubber is enough, but i have to think carefully on which blade to use or it is good on any blade, as i have Yasaka Extra and Nittaku Fleet Barwell blades non assembled yet.

Thank you very much :)

This user has no status.
On the second I'm thinking either Jp-03 or P7. They have different qualities but both are great for your description. I recomended you read some reviews about P7. :L
Then again, your observation skills and technuiqe matters more than any rubber. Listen to JulienB and SugaD :L

P7 is from Adidas? i wasn't thinking about rubbers from Adidas for BH, i was thinking about only FH rubber such as TZU or TZUS, but thanks, i will read about it.

And yes, i will work hard on my technique and skills, but i said until the time coming when i can master returning i will be losing many games i will join, so i can't just ignore those games because i am not ready, in this case i will look for a rubber for my BH that will help a bit so i can keep playing games until my training for return serves be completed or improved.

This user has no status.
Giant submarine. Tons of control and the easiest classic backside for serve returns I know. If you can't return serves with Giant submarine, then no backside (except antis) gonna help you.

Another vote for Tackiness Chop 2 class rubber like Giant Dragon Submarine.

Easier than them, that would be Flextra class rubber, like Donic Vario or Vario Soft, or Dawei 2008 Super Power, but they poor in spin capabilities

Thanks for those recommendations, sounds i should use pips out rubbers after all, i will look at those rubbers and see what i will decide.

I already bought short pips rubber and AntiSpin one which i've got yesterday from the post office with other stuff, i bought them just for this reason, both red color to be used on BH, and i have looked at some cheap Dawei rubbers of MP or even LP, but i am done with one LP already and i don't think another one will be much better, i should just try short and medium first, i also have one pips out that TT11 sent it to me in replacement of AntiSpin rubber that was out of stock that time, so 3 rubbers are ready to be used, but i was more looking for inverted rubber than any pips out, but i don't know about this Antispin rubber category yet, it looks like combination of inverted look and pips out character/performance.