Banda All Around Blade Review

Banda All-Around Blade
Weight: 81 grams
Plies: 5 (limba outer-Ayous or kiri inner)
Speed: All+
Thickness: 6.12mm

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

cache.php

Banda blades are finally back! Stiga has advertised the Banda blades way back early this year. Right now, the Banda All Around blade is the one only available worldwide while the offensive and carbon versions are only available in Japan. The blade has a thick core and I am not too sure if this is ayous or kiri since I cannot see the usual hole patterns found in an ayous wood layer. The 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] layer is definitely ayous which is also very thick while the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] layer of limba are very thin. The ayous wood layers seem to be about 1mm thick. The overall quality and finish is very good. I can say I like this better because it is smooth all over and there is no roughness in every part. The blade head surface does not seem to need sealing as I have removed and glued rubbers about 4 times already with no wood fibers splintering. The blade head shape is a bit different compared to the normal Stiga blades wherein the lower wing and side parts are a bit wider. I did remove the rubbers from it and then try to position them into the Stiga Energy Wood blade and the rubbers are a bit wider on the lower part. The handle is also different because the All Around Blade’s handle is more on a squarish shape while Stiga Energy V2’s handle shape is more round on its sides. The handle’s design is simple but beautiful. The brown color of the handle is a good contrast with the white stripes. The weight is towards the upper 1/3 of the blade head but it did not feel as head heavy as the Stiga Energy Wood V2.

Anyway, I used the DNA H Pro on both sides. To be fair the All-Around Blade is not a true all around blade but rather borders from being an Off- blade. When I bounced the ball on the bare surface, it felt faster and has a higher bounce compared to the Stiga All Around Classic. I happen to get a brand new All Around Classic just to compare the characteristics. With the speed, the difference is quite big if you compare it to the All-Around Classic blade and you will feel the gap between the 2 blades. With the Azalea All-Around blade, the speed is almost equal but sometimes I feel an extra kick with the Banda All-Around Blade and this may be attributed to the thicker layers of the blade and overall thickness. I did use the DNA H Pro but even with just the Battle 2 rubber, the All-Around blade is still plenty fast. With the DNA H Pro at far distance, you can still do good top spin shots with a bit of effort. I think with the DNA H Pro, the Banda All Around can be good up to the middle distance from the table. It is bouncy enough that I can even say it is faster than the Offensive Classic but it retains almost the same level of control.

When I tested the looping capabilities of the Banda All-Around, I can definitely say that the blade loops like the All-Around Classic but with more speed. It produces a medium-high arc when looping and frankly speaking I never felt the ease of looping decreased compared to a slower blade. This is a great blade for beginner players who wish to learn the basic strokes but at the same time have enough speed if they do not like blades that are too slow. Can this replace the All-Around Classic or All-Around Evolution blades totally? Yes! I would say the blade is more comfortable for the grip and has better finish, I would choose this over the 2 other blades mentioned. It could partially chop with long pips when I used a soft LP with it but due to the thick core and 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] layers, it would take a bit more skill. If you are just an LP blocking style player then this is perfect. So far, I have not found any negative issues with the blade as what it was intended to be used and designed for. I even praise it for being surprisingly good despite the market being flooded with lots of all-around blades as this one offers something more. The price is also at 40 Euros so it is very affordable for most people.

Last edited:
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Made in China > Made in Sweden

No splintering? I refuse to buy this. :p

The overall quality and finish is very good. I can say I like this better because it is smooth all over and there is no roughness in every part. The blade head surface does not seem to need sealing as I have removed and glued rubbers about 4 times already with no wood fibers splintering.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2019
that's a kiri core blade for sure.

I doubt it's made in sweden like the original banda because the stiga sweden factory do mostly ayous core blades.
so probably made in china.

the kiri core gives it a sharper feeling and a bit more speed... so yes speed is off- or off.

I guess in stiga's mind they could never make a stiga with a kiri core so they are using banda brand to get into that market.
also they already have the stiga allround classic..... no point in copying the same exact blade again.

andro brand has many similar blades (5 ply with kiri core).
for example the "kinetic record" and other older models.

given the properties of the blade I don't think 40 eur is such a good price.
if you search around in other brands you can probably get a similar blade for 30 eur.
if you go to chinese copies probably 10 or 15 eur.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2013
Interesting. So a thicker core with thinner outer and middle layers does give a bit more bounce.
I had a Tibhar Samsonov Premium Contact when I was a teen, and that had this caracteristic. Does it also have Kiri core?

I could imagine Banda Offensive being OFF to OFF+ maybe. Or exactly on the OFF mark. Let's See.

Sendt fra min SM-A202F med Tapatalk

Last edited:
that's a kiri core blade for sure.

I doubt it's made in sweden like the original banda because the stiga sweden factory do mostly ayous core blades.
so probably made in china.

the kiri core gives it a sharper feeling and a bit more speed... so yes speed is off- or off.

I guess in stiga's mind they could never make a stiga with a kiri core so they are using banda brand to get into that market.
also they already have the stiga allround classic..... no point in copying the same exact blade again.

andro brand has many similar blades (5 ply with kiri core).
for example the "kinetic record" and other older models.

given the properties of the blade I don't think 40 eur is such a good price.
if you search around in other brands you can probably get a similar blade for 30 eur.
if you go to chinese copies probably 10 or 15 eur.

it is made in China according to Stiga.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

Yep. It is interesting that the same question was asked by the same person, just over a month ago. I would say, your answer covered the issue decently. But some people need to read things more than once.

So, here, in this thread:

What is the history of the Banda blades? I'm not really familiar with the back story.

Banda was not a sub-brand of Stiga but used to be a separate manufacturer based in Eskilstuna, Sweden that was established originally as an import company importing Japanese balls in the 60s.

Banda started producing blades and tables in the 70s and gained fame when Waldner was sponsored by the brand from a young age.

Stiga at the time was based in Hålaveds trä but was in financial trouble in the 80s and Banda bought out its sports division in '84 and moved production over to Eskilstuna.

Some kind of run-in led to a fallout in '93 and Waldner et. al. jumped ship to Donic. The beef lives on to this date.

Banda was eventually abandoned.

Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
Last edited:
Reactions: zeio
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2012
What is the difference between the Master and the Classic grip ?

Jan 2018
Reactions: Mytoman
First Daiki and now Banda, the post-Mats Stiga has effectively done/undone everything that Mats did not/did. Kinda like the post-Steve Apple. For Apple, it was pressure from Samsung. Butterfly and DHS in Stiga's case, perhaps?

https://www.engadget.com/2010-07-16-jobs-no-ones-going-to-buy-a-big-phone.html
https://www.businessinsider.com/steve-jobs-was-wrong-about-big-phones-2014-9

Wouldn't that be a good thing for the changes? Also, the improvement on the splintering issues is a good news.

Let's see if Stiga take note & improves his splintering issues.

So far the Energy Wood V2 has no observed splintering after several regluing if rubbers. Please take note they are aware of the issues before with Dynasty.

Let's see if Stiga take note & improves his splintering issues.

Thank you Yogi for your great review.

You mention that the Banda handle is square and more comfortable than the Stigas. Would you also say that it is larger? I like Stiga blades but I find their FL handles to be too small unfortunately.

The banda handle seems and feels bigger due to the shape. It felt thicker than the Energy blade.

Reactions: thomas.pong