Butterfly FZD ALC - first impressions.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
has anyone tried fish scale FZD ALC?

“Fish scale” doesn’t really make a difference, other than it might look cool, which by the way is covered by rubbers all the time. 🤣

Mine just arrived yesterday, and both sides have large amounts of this “fish scale” pattern.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Read 2 reviews
Tried it first time this afternoon at the club, and I like it a lot. It actually feels rather similar to the XIOM TMXi, but I like the handle shape a lot more on the FZD ALC. I tried it with H3 BS boosted but wasn’t very satisfied with the feel, so I switch to Victas TD and TR again, now it feels really good.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
So i played mine for 2 weeks now and yeah that is a good blade but to put my summary at the start, i would never spend so much money on any blade again. The differences (advantages) between a blade 50-70€ blade like Yinhe pro 01 or DHS TG 506x which have a viscaria structure too and FZD ALC are minor or even insignificant.

Clear advantages:
- The finish is way better than the one from DHS and slightly better than the Yinhe pro 01.
- Feedback is clearer
- Better vibrations, but still not that much that it is distracting
- These advantages give you slight better control with the blade

Slight disadvantage (more subjective thought):
- FZD ALC is not very crisp. I can confirm the longer dwell time which diminishes the linear feeling a little bit imo.

But again, this doesnt justify 100€ more unless it will never change its properties from the many upcoming gluing processes. We will see about that.
I will stick with it for now because i already have it and still like it, but the next blades will be clones again because i am not playing around 2k+ TTR, so these differences dont matter at all imo.

I've been playing W968 for a year. Love the massive power away from the table. The feeling close to table is muted. Built quality is not what you expect for a $300USD blade. Quite a few splints already despite protector.

I am considering FZD ALC in the future as many people say it is the softest Butterfly ALC.

What's your thought when playing power loop?

This user has no status.

I've been playing W968 for a year. Love the massive power away from the table. The feeling close to table is muted. Built quality is not what you expect for a $300USD blade. Quite a few splints already despite protector.

I am considering FZD ALC in the future as many people say it is the softest Butterfly ALC.

What's your thought when playing power loop?

Ok that is definitly sadge but kinda proves to me that there is no use to pay so much for such a blade as a "normal" person.

Anyway to answer your question: My fh definitly needs a bit more power from me than with my other alc compositions (H3 OS 39° one big layer of FTL). But that is actually a good thing because i can position my shots better now and have way more control over them.

My current problem is more to the backhand side right now, because i actually lack that exact control, which is probably more of a rubber and/or a problem of mine of how i use it. Topspins with my DHS Hurricane 8-80 (38°) go really wide and i cant really loop consistent, which annoys me. Gonna give it a go with my older Vega X soon i guess and see how that feels, because right now i have the feeling i have to change my technique completely.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Ok that is definitly sadge but kinda proves to me that there is no use to pay so much for such a blade as a "normal" person.

Anyway to answer your question: My fh definitly needs a bit more power from me than with my other alc compositions (H3 OS 39° one big layer of FTL). But that is actually a good thing because i can position my shots better now and have way more control over them.

My current problem is more to the backhand side right now, because i actually lack that exact control, which is probably more of a rubber and/or a problem of mine of how i use it. Topspins with my DHS Hurricane 8-80 (38°) go really wide and i cant really loop consistent, which annoys me. Gonna give it a go with my older Vega X soon i guess and see how that feels, because right now i have the feeling i have to change my technique completely.

How do you compare HL5 and FZD ALC in terms of spin potential far from table?

This user has no status.

How do you compare HL5 and FZD ALC in terms of spin potential far from table?

Sorry cant compare those. Just played with Long 3 which has a different composition and therefore not comparable with Long 5.
Maybe some time in the future i will go with the cheaper fango carbon^^