cant move forward, wrong blade or rubber

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Trying the Def Pro with Vega Pro on both sides is a test. If it works fully, you don't need to do anything else. If it is too head heavy, then you get Off- or All+ blade and put the Vega Pro rubbers on to that. So, I would get the thickness you actually want. Because, if the Def Pro does not work, you can cut them down to fit the Off- (or All+) blade you choose.

The first idea is to see if, with the Def Pro with smooth rubbers on both sides still provides the control you need.

1) If it does, but you need something less head heavy, then you find the right blade.

2) If it does and it is not too head heavy, then you could use the Def Pro with Vega Pro and not do anything else.

3) And if it doesn't, you think about options after that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
okay this sounds like a plan with the def pro.
Than i will do it this way.

and no i am not

Then can I ask how did LittleSeki made the post I quoted above and then deleted it, followed by you making a post so close to being the same content?

In the post from LittleSeki the reason for deleting is listed as: "accidentally posted." But I still can see the content. And almost directly after the LittleSeki post is deleted, the post from you with the same content appears.

BTW: I am not fussed if you are the same. I would just be very curious as to how this was possible if you are not. Would also like to hear from LittleSeki on this if you are two distinct people.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
we are brother logged in at the wrong account at the pc ????

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Today i trained with the boll alc and vega pro because i don’t get that fast new vegas. well i like it. i can play short push open against underspin, smash and normal topspin. but the big but and why i think i need a slower blade, if i am not 110% there and stand right and make a good stroke the quality of the ball goes down or doesn’t go on the table.
and i am to fast. if i get a long underspin ball i want to attack with a to long move of my arm and i don’t hit the table with the ball.

says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Today i trained with the boll alc and vega pro because i don’t get that fast new vegas. well i like it. i can play short push open against underspin, smash and normal topspin. but the big but and why i think i need a slower blade, if i am not 110% there and stand right and make a good stroke the quality of the ball goes down or doesn’t go on the table.
and i am to fast. if i get a long underspin ball i want to attack with a to long move of my arm and i don’t hit the table with the ball.

0A44759B-03D7-4294-9596-DD421D7155DD.jpgCA4C3DDB-ECF3-4DC1-A58F-FC72C2B59B89.jpg
Hi Kinay,
So you can get an idea of weight of complete bat and how this could effect your wrist.
Rubbers are - Battle 2 provincial 2.1 mm blue sponge (Black), and H3 Neo provincial 37 degree 2.1 mm orange sponge (Red) both these rubbers have fairly dense sponges. Total weight is 185 grans.
Blade was 77 grams, so the rubbers come in at 108 grams, approx 54 grams each.

I think you could expect a reduction in weight with rubbers with softer less dense sponges. I don’t know how heavy the Vega Pro is when cut on the Def Pro blade, perhaps you could weigh your set up as a comparison.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
okay thank you for the picture and the weight. i will weight my blade after work.
i am more afraid it is head heavy than the total weight.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Yeah. Kinay is correct. When something is head heavy, it does not much matter what the total weight is. It will actually feel heavier than the weight, and the head heaviness can be hard on the wrist.

The converse is also true. Handle heavy blades can be quite heavy and still will feel light. And this is why Der_Echte likes to add weight to the handles of blades with hollow handles.

The Defensive Pro and most blades with large head sizes like that are meant to be played with at least one side having a pips rubber with a very thin sponge, or no sponge. When this is the case, they still won't be head heavy.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
The Defensive Pro and most blades with large head sizes like that are meant to be played with at least one side having a pips rubber with a very thin sponge, or no sponge. When this is the case, they still won't be head heavy.

My experience tells me that “most” is the keyword here. There’re plenty of oversized chopping blades that are head heavy. One of my latest adventures was the Andro Wanokiwami Def. Extremely head heavy with my usually rubbers. I’ve had similar experiences with the Yinhe 980XX. Most other blades like the VKM or JSH are very well balanced.

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
My experience tells me that “most” is the keyword here. There’re plenty of oversized chopping blades that are head heavy. One of my latest adventures was the Andro Wanokiwami Def. Extremely head heavy with my usually rubbers. I’ve had similar experiences with the Yinhe 980XX. Most other blades like the VKM or JSH are very well balanced.

The old Grubba blade I have is also very head heavy, so I’m use to that feeling and because I played a lot of badminton, my wrist is reasonably strong.
Grubba has a smaller head than the Def Pro, but both are Head heavy, both have flared handles, regarding these handles, both have quite a small neck circumference , this also contributes to the head heavy feeling.
The Primorac I have, is very well balanced, partially because the neck has a larger circumference, and also because there is more weight in the handle. It’s a great blade.

Other than adding weight inside a handle void. Are there other methods that can be utilised to balance up a blade?