Crazy Siva vs Fan Zhendong Unbelievable Roller Shot Challenge

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Crazy Siva Unbelievable Roller Shot Challenge

Hi Guys, Today I practised the new roller trick shot as a challenge, Was lucky to get a few ones out there in video. Hope you like it, share with me what you think? If you have some suggestion for me to do another trick shot, please share with me. Cheers :)

Last edited:
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It's fun to practice they. Hehe.

But, if you watch closely FZD's shot DOES NOT go around the net. It goes UNDER the NET CONSTRUCTION. Hehe.

One time, clowning around with a friend while drunk, not trying to or anything, I did that totally by accident off a net ball. But I don't think I could ever do it in a million years if I was trying.

I sure wish I had footage of it.

Sent from Deep Space by Abacus

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
It's fun to practice they. Hehe.

But, if you watch closely FZD's shot DOES NOT go around the net. It goes UNDER the NET CONSTRUCTION. Hehe.

One time, clowning around with a friend while drunk, not trying to or anything, I did that totally by accident off a net ball. But I don't think I could ever do it in a million years if I was trying.

I sure wish I had footage of it.

Yeah man, sometimes those crazy things seldom happen. Only our mind is the footage to cherish those sweet memories. Keep playing that once in a while before your eyes. I too remember some bending loop much like XX away from table which didn't have a chance at all made it back into the table for once shocking both me and the opponent.

I presumed it to be around the table, LOL. But, that of FZD seems a Juggernaut

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
When you compare yourself to FZD's impossible shot, you had better do a special roller if you aren't playing during a point and have the benefit of editing.
Makes sense, I presumed that all rollers qualify as a candidate as such but internet has taken the oppositor view. Can't argue against that. But, I thank for sharing your view.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
Read 13 reviews
Never had a roller like this. I've had one memorable roller period, so probably only one roller. (I'm assuming I'd remember it since it's pretty rare.)

I did however get an under the clamp shot in a game that bounced from their side with underspin, ticked the top of the net as it tried to come to my side and the ball ended up on my side. This was one of those few points I'll never forget :)

Reactions: Siva Schopenhauer
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
It is a good way to get a feel for going around the net on a touch shot. But it is definitely pretty easy to do that from a self hit ball.

I like doing those. It is fun. I didn't even think of the YouTube video "like" thing. But, yeah, I wouldn't think that video would get too many likes.

And, again, FZD's shot doesn't just go around the net. He readjusted to a net ball that wasn't easy to return no matter how you try. And he went UNDER THE WHOLE NET CONSTRUCTION.

Under the net roller is extremely rare and takes phenomenal precision. Whereas, standing outside the net and dropping the ball and then tapping it after the bounce so it rolls from about 2 feet away, well, it's not hard to do even though you could use that to practice the technique of going around the net with good touch.

says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
says Visited my own profile, woop woop. ;)
Nov 2014
Read 6 reviews
Are those rollers really unimpressive? I got a lot of dislikes on Youtube? It would be great to know from you all what went wrong?

Ok, I won't beat around the bush ->
ofc what Carl said. + I also think some would get annoyed with the music (what up biatch?) + "roll that shit" in the context, does just.. not seem to give a, positive vibe. Seems like you're atempting to create a hype about yourself
(which people would observe as ego) , but the hype is just not there.
And mayn: "who are you smiling at?" "on my own self for finally getting that rolling. I tried like 150 times before that."
150 times. Anyone would manage that then... FZD had one shot, which came unexpected.
a combination of everything, is why you got dislikes. Not just because FZD's shot was more impressive..

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Ok, I won't beat around the bush ->
ofc what Carl said. + I also think some would get annoyed with the music (what up biatch?) + "roll that shit" in the context, does just.. not seem to give a, positive vibe. Seems like you're atempting to create a hype about yourself
(which people would observe as ego) , but the hype is just not there.
And mayn: "who are you smiling at?" "on my own self for finally getting that rolling. I tried like 150 times before that."
150 times. Anyone would manage that then... FZD had one shot, which came unexpected.
a combination of everything, is why you got dislikes. Not just because FZD's shot was more impressive..

Seems you are pissed off with so many things in general

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I tried to it with limited human resoures :D

Nothing wrong with that. I already said, I practice this all the time. I love going around the net in rallies and in match play. It is one of those things that makes me happy. Yes. I can do it in a match.

One of NL's videos has footage of me going around the net in a doubles match.

But I am not so sure I would put a video of me just standing there smirking and self hitting around the net and putting on the title of the video: "FAN ZHENDONG vs SIVA ROLLER DUEL", or, putting on the title of the thread: "CRAZY SIVA vs FAN ZHENDONG UNBELIEVABLE ROLLER SHOT CHALLENGE", or as the title of the OP: "CRAZY SIVA UNBELIEVABLE ROLLER SHOT CHALLENGE.

You see the thing is, FZD's shot is pretty impressive and quite unbelievable. Your shot, is easy, not very impressive and NOT UNBELIEVABLE.

But it is good to practice it. And I really have no problem with the comedy and the ridiculousness of you not getting that your video is very silly. Or even, why someone people might care that you are such an oddball.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2015
Read 3 reviews
Nothing wrong with that. I already said, I practice this all the time. I love going around the net in rallies and in match play. It is one of those things that makes me happy. Yes. I can do it in a match.

One of NL's videos has footage of me going around the net in a doubles match.

But I am not so sure I would put a video of me just standing there smirking and self hitting around the net and putting on the title of the video: "FAN ZHENDONG vs SIVA ROLLER DUEL", or, putting on the title of the thread: "CRAZY SIVA vs FAN ZHENDONG UNBELIEVABLE ROLLER SHOT CHALLENGE", or as the title of the OP: "CRAZY SIVA UNBELIEVABLE ROLLER SHOT CHALLENGE.

You see the thing is, FZD's shot is pretty impressive and quite unbelievable. Your shot, is easy, not very impressive and NOT UNBELIEVABLE.

But it is good to practice it. And I really have no problem with the comedy and the ridiculousness of you not getting that your video is very silly. Or even, why someone people might care that you are such an oddball.

The parody got a wrong turn somewhere. I would like set things straight in future.

why someone people might care that you are such an oddball

I see table as a way of expression. Everyone have their right to see the way they want it see that.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
The parody got a wrong turn somewhere. I would like set things straight in future.

I see table as a way of expression. Everyone have their right to see the way they want it see that.

Absolutely correct. I appreciate your being an oddball. I mean...look at me. I am totally an oddball. :)

Being obsessed about table tennis is great. Making videos that look like you are doing martial arts training in between self hit shots: that is totally entertaining...funny. Steven Seagal navy seals self hit table tennis training. Anyone who has a good sense of humor and watches those videos, you definitely should have them laughing pretty quickly.

But if you don't get the ridiculous and the silly in the situation and think you are serious, then we ought to start worrying for your sanity. :)

This user has no status.
Hey Siva, keep posting your videos although some people might not like them. It creates positive activity and it does not harm anyone. To be fair, this video here is not a very good one but I still liked watching it because it is pretty funny :D

One might not like it as your shots are pretty easy and have nothing to do with FZD's shot (you cannot imitate it, impossible) so some people might feel tricked, I don't know.