Defensive rubbers for beginners

This user has no status.
Hi, I’m quite new to table tennis, and I really like to stay far from the table and slice the ball, like Joy Se Hyuk does, he’s my idol.
Im looking to buy my first custom/professional racket, like rubber and blade separated.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use for inverted forehand, that’s good for offensive attacks and slicing?
And I want a good long pimple rubber that’s beginner friendly (not too hard to use) that’s good for learning defensive strokes.

If anyone has any suggestions please comment and tell me.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
I've just tried the Pimplepark Epos rubber, and this one has a good grip and a medium sponge with a moderate catapult effect. It's supposed to be developed for the modern defender/allround player. I think that it's very nice and have really good control and at the same time gives you good attacking possibilities.
Now I'm not a long pimples player, but I know a couple of rubbers that are supposed to be quite beginner friendly. Yinhe - Qing, Giant Dragon - Cropcircles and Giant Dragon - Meteorite.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Hi, I’m quite new to table tennis, and I really like to stay far from the table and slice the ball, like Joy Se Hyuk does, he’s my idol.
Im looking to buy my first custom/professional racket, like rubber and blade separated.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can use for inverted forehand, that’s good for offensive attacks and slicing?
And I want a good long pimple rubber that’s beginner friendly (not too hard to use) that’s good for learning defensive strokes.

If anyone has any suggestions please comment and tell me.

For inverted rubber (on fh) you can basically use anything. In my experience it's rubber thickness that matters when chopping. 1.5 mm is my preference. Perfect balance between control and power. Would recommend all-around rubbers so you can get comfortable chopping while still being able mix some attack in. I seriously would recommend Tibhar's evolution line up of rubbers. Table Tennis 11 has an excellent article on each rubber to help identify which one is for you.

LP is a different matter if your using it for the first time, well... there is no "beginner friendly" LP. LP are very hard to use in the beginning no matter what kind of stroke your trying to learn with it. The technique is very different then inverted rubbers and your going to have to play and gain experience before you choose a LP that's right for you. Would recommend any cheap LP you can find. But to get you started Spinpord Dornenglanz is a very good option. My absolute favorite LP by far. What ever long pips you choose I recommend 0.5 mm spong as this will give you a little more control vs no sponge which is commen among LP users.

Good luck!
-Norman

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2021
For the beginner you don't need to use the most popular rubbers, and expensive rubbers. Buy pimple rubber some cheap, try to play couple of weeks, and then decide is the game with the pips is for you. After that you can search some other rubbers.
From my knowledge the best for the beginners are:
Dhs cloud & fog 3
Dawei 388D1 ( but please be careful - on the market is many tuned rubbers with biggest pips ) - look standard version.
Sanwei Code
Bomb Talent
Hallmark Tactics.