Detrimental materials. All the how and why.

says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
DETRIMENTAL MATERIALS

ITTF T7 "Administrative items" has a provision as follows

- - ITTF BoD is entitled to discontinue any rubber(s) that found detrimental to the sport.

Dear James, may me remind all the past LPs you lament for were purposely designed to enable a cheater's game. Afterwards, the rubbers of deceptive nature had been growing in popularity on and on, to such an extent as to bring the game to disrepute. Of course, ITTF didn't want the sport to become a game of chance, therefore they took preventive measure against those LPs known to produce erratical and abnormal bounce IMPOSSIBLE TO PREDICT.
The result ensued was that ITTF eventually excluded ALL those deceptive and destructive pimps from our sport, as unworthy materials to breed frauds. Good riddance, after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~
FAIR PLAY FIRST, here we stand firm.

Last edited:
Reactions: blahness
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
Dear Sir,
I do confess being not much a debater at any rate. l'm a national umpire in charge of racket control. And I will exert all faculties of mine to promote fair play both domestically and internationally. Come together, my friend.

Best regards
@ igorponger

be a part of umpires team.jpg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2014
This is a pretty funny thread. Of course, I had nothing to do with the Aspect Ratio rule, have no opinion on it and didn't know about it until after it was passed, and had nothing to do with any repeal of a glue ban. Most of what he wrote is made up. James Z is, of course, the infamous Sjan, i.e. Srinivas Janardhanan, in his latest incarnation. He plays with long pips. (He used to play at a local club.) Click on his name and you see his goal is to "Expel TT from Olympics." (Edit: His posting was deleted by the moderators.)
-Larry Hodges

Last edited:
Reactions: Jslick89
This user has no status.
You want to talk about abnormal bounce ? REALLY ? Ok then how about the abnormal dipping of the ball coming from an illegally boosted looper, as if the rubber has an Aspect Ratio of 13 & causing third ball attacks & eliminating spectators :rolleyes:
This doesn't make sense, on my competition bat which I know for a fact has not been boosted if i loop over the ball with as much spin as possible using Xiom Omega VII Pro i can make the ball drop down as soon as it bounces on the table due to the nature of the top spin i put on it.
This does not happen due to boosters, anyone can do it even with a not particularly spinner rubber.
But you need a lot of spin and a lot of power.
Coincidentally that shot also tend to ping upwards off long pips, ive played a decent few long pips players and the ball would almost always kick upwards off their rubber when i did this shot.
I think your calling this out on boosters because you hate it when people play this shot on you in generally though please correct me if im wrong.

Also I would absolutely love to see a video of you playing, James.

Reactions: ttarc