Differences between popular TT Balls?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Can somebody explain the differences between the popular TT balls?

From what I've read, the Nittaku Premium is the standard best ball. But Nittaku is slightly lighter/floatier and less spinny than the popular DHS D40 ball. The D40 ball is a little harder, and slightly more solid feel.

I've read that the Yinhe H40 is more similar to the DHS D40 (spinnier and more solid)

And that the Yinhe Y40 is more similar to the Nittaku Premium (slightly lighter and less spin)

Does anybody have experience testing some popular balls? Can you confirm the truth?

I see DHS D40 balls selling for less than $1 each on Aliexpress, which seems cheap for a major TT brand. Are these real DHS balls?

I think the best DHS balls are very much similar to Nittaku premium. I find these two the best. We are using all kinds of balls in the club and this is my find. I am personally currently using DHS DJ 40+ 2020. That is a very good ball.

Cheers
L-zr

This user has no status.
There was and still is a lot of play here with Xushaofa balls. It is not a good ball, it has a very high bounce, players play a lot of shots with the edge of the racket.
DHS D40+ balls have now been played a lot. DHS have much better flight characteristics, natural bounce. The roundness is quite good, compared to other brands it is the same.
Another is a good price, clubs have the ball for $0.46 or €.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Just a FYI, Paddle Palace currently has the Nittaku 40+ premium ball on sale for 28.95 a dozen. Regular price is 33.95. Not sure how much longer the sale goes on for.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Can somebody explain the differences between the popular TT balls?

From what I've read, the Nittaku Premium is the standard best ball. But Nittaku is slightly lighter/floatier and less spinny than the popular DHS D40 ball. The D40 ball is a little harder, and slightly more solid feel.

I've read that the Yinhe H40 is more similar to the DHS D40 (spinnier and more solid)

And that the Yinhe Y40 is more similar to the Nittaku Premium (slightly lighter and less spin)

Does anybody have experience testing some popular balls? Can you confirm the truth?

I see DHS D40 balls selling for less than $1 each on Aliexpress, which seems cheap for a major TT brand. Are these real DHS balls?

Basically, if we talk proper TT ball makers:

Nittaku premium balls are made by themselves in Japan.

DHS pretty much makes all the abs balls, including Yinhe H40.
Double Fish is your other seamed ball maker in China.
XSF makes all the seamless balls in the world
These 3 are you Made in China balls, 2 x seam x and 1 x seamless

Then you have another major ball maker from Germany (all the made in Germany balls)

So in essence, these 5 companies make near 100% of the balls in the market today.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I noticed that on Ali, the Yinhe h40 actually costs more than the dhs d40.

Is it considered a better ball? Or is it identical to the d40?
Is the higher price just because yinhe needs to pay fhs a margin?