Dimitrij Ovctcharov is now using Tenergy

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
I have heard that Dima is using a stiga clipper blade, exactly like he's training partner Jorgen Persson always have. the Donic Senso is a copy of the clipper in terms of veneer look from the side. But I have from a reliable source that he is in fact using clipper. And Tenergy.

Okay, let's refresh and twist a little.. Here is something that I have no photoproof on, but I've heard it from a man that were J Perssons coach for years, and I have also seen it myself..
Jørgen Persson has been using the TBS with a Donic handle for as long as that blade has been around ;)

Reactions: Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2012
Read 3 reviews
For a professional the main thing is to use the equipment that suits his style and gives him the best chances on court. I believe in Ovtcharov's case he is actually using Donic blade with 2 Tenergy's, that's pretty reasonable to me as he is representing Donic with the blade. Almost all the top 10 (maybe all 10?) players use tenergy on the BH so there is some kind of consensus there. This is already quite a lot better than Fan Zhendong who seems to use only a Stiga handle to represent Stiga...

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
Okay, let's refresh and twist a little.. Here is something that I have no photoproof on, but I've heard it from a man that were J Perssons coach for years, and I have also seen it myself..
Jørgen Persson has been using the TBS with a Donic handle for as long as that blade has been around ;)

That is interesting indeed. First time i hear/read about this.

As you know Jørgen was Donic's flagboy together with JO and Appelgren long time before Dima. So either using TBS or Clipper makes Donic look a little dishonest on advertisements IMHO.

Maybe somebody can find a photo in the depths of the web...

Last edited:
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
It is amazing that after all this time -- almost eight years at this point -- attempts to make something like Tenergy from other companies have only been partially successful.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

As you know Jørgen was Donic's flagboy together with JO and Appelgren long time before Dima. So either using TBS or Clipper makes Donic look a little dishonest on advertisements IMHO.

Well, there are photos where you can see Dima's racket has wood colored tape hiding the plies of the wood and it definitely looks like the handle has been glued onto a different blade. I believe that is in the pro's equipment thread.

[edit] Well, I looked in that thread, it must be in a different thread. But I know I saw that he was using some tape the color of the wood to hide the plies.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews
I think i know which thread you mean and i agree. Dima's blade did look 'treated', but according to Anders' post
this would actually mean that this kind of behaviour goes way back, if Jørgen Persson has actually done the same back then....

Last edited:
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
I have heard that Dima is using a stiga clipper blade, exactly like he's training partner Jorgen Persson always have. the Donic Senso is a copy of the clipper in terms of veneer look from the side. But I have from a reliable source that he is in fact using clipper. And Tenergy.

I've also heard that he uses a Stiga Clipper (although with donic handles), and seen some pictures with he blade with the inner red layers just like the Clippers. It's nice to see some super pro level players using full wood blades.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
I think the actual answer is that the players are technically supposed to use everything from their sponsor. I have a friend who was sponsored by Stiga and after years of being sponsored, she asked them if she could use Butterfly rubbers and a Stiga blade and Stiga actually said "NO!"' So she switched to Butterfly even though she wanted to use a Clipper with Tenergy. She said she could not compete with players using Tenergy while using Stiga rubbers!!!! So she sort of had to switch.

So, those guys are supposed to be using the equipment from their sponsors. With the highest level players, they may turn a blind eye to it. But on all their info they say the player is using their equipment. Like, Stiga says FZD and XX use Stiga rubbers and my money says that Donic says Dima uses Donic rubbers.

The players big enough to have real contracts may even have that written in their contract. I also know a different player who was sponsored by Butterfly and they caught him clowning around in a tournament using a TSP long pips rubber even though he is really a two winged looper who normally uses T05 on FH and T64 on BH and Butterfly definitely got mad about it. He is almost as high a level with LP as he is with his regular setup though. So if he ever wanted to switch and become a chopper his level would not go down much.

Sent from the Oracle of Delphi by the Pythia

Last edited:
Reactions: fais and Suga D
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
I uploaded some pictures in another thread where you can clearly see that Dima is hiding his blade with some type of Wooden tape.

9NigqYAh.jpgOvtcharov.JPG

This user has no status.
Just because a company comes to you and say" here's $50k if we can use your name on our product," doesn't me that person is obligated use that product. It all depends on the contract. Sponsors are the same...many athletes have their names on many different brands and products. I see nothing wrong and there is no ethnics issues as far as I'm concern. It's that companies way of marketing and selling their brand, not the athlete's trying to deceive us.

Reactions: Anders
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
It is unethical because he knows what is happening and he is a party to it. Does he tell the truth when asked what he is using?

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
These days I am playing with Donic Ovtcharov True Carbon. I know for a fact that Dima doesn't use it, but it is still an awesome blade and I am very happy with it. Kind of curious actually why he doesn't.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Some of the True carbon's have the wrong picture on them, maybe he's upset because Donic couldn't even get that right.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Just because a company comes to you and say" here's $50k if we can use your name on our product," doesn't me that person is obligated use that product. It all depends on the contract. Sponsors are the same...many athletes have their names on many different brands and products. I see nothing wrong and there is no ethnics issues as far as I'm concern. It's that companies way of marketing and selling their brand, not the athlete's trying to deceive us.

What are you talking about, "not the athlete's trying to deceive us" he's using the tape to deceive us

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2015
Read 5 reviews

Okay, it took a little while, but finally i´ve really found some evidence. These pictures here were taken at the WorldCup 2016 after the show match of Timo Boll and Jörgen Persson. The wooden coloured tape is clearly visible. Also clearly visible is that it´s definitely not a Clipper Blade and it really could be a TBS... Thanks Anders for pointing this out.
Pics (c) by S.Fabig mytischtennis.de

Attachments

• JP_IMG_7944.jpg
    JP_IMG_7944.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 155
  • JP_IMG_7946.jpg
    JP_IMG_7946.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 151
Last edited: