GEWO Nexxus series

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2014
Read 3 reviews
Hello all, just asking what rubber is the most identical to the tibhar mx-p from the nexxus line. i love every aspect of mx-p and the feeling i receive from playing.
NEXXUS rubbers have a different concept (thin topsheet to enabler thicker MAX sponge), so the feeling will always be slightly different. You could try NEXXUS EL 48 as its sponge hardness is identical to that of MX-P.
Technically closer to the early Evolution rubbers is the HYPE series, but there the EL 47,5 (same sponge hardness as MX-P) is a different rubber, emphasis more on spin than catapult.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
NEXXUS rubbers have a different concept (thin topsheet to enabler thicker MAX sponge), so the feeling will always be slightly different. You could try NEXXUS EL 48 as its sponge hardness is identical to that of MX-P.
Technically closer to the early Evolution rubbers is the HYPE series, but there the EL 47,5 (same sponge hardness as MX-P) is a different rubber, emphasis more on spin than catapult.
What is difference in concept between EL and XT series from Gewo?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
A lot of guys at the club are using the Nexxus 48 EL, some the 48 XT, and now the green superselect 48 EL is getting popular. I only tried these briefly and the normal 48 EL seems to be a good one, the XT gave me no positive impression and the superselect I would only recommend to actual semipros/pros who receive hard and very spinny shots.

Most of the guys using this rubber are local league players and for sure this is one of the cheapest rubber around, so I get why they are using them.

The normal 48 EL I would classify as an easy to use rubber, it gives you a lot even if you don't put in a lot to your shot, so similar to MX-P and T05 concept. The 48 XT I don't even know who it's for, for me it felt yuck.
The superselect is more dull and slow than the normal EL 48, so it is only useful for pros who have power and who have to deal with powerful and very spinny balls. For local league players I think it is not suitable.

Also everyone buys these with the ultramax 2.3mm??? sponge and I think it's a mistake. 2.0 or 2.1mm should have way more feeling and pace. The ultramax feels too spongy.

For the price the normal EL series is a good choice.

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
also which rubber is better for the backhand? dignics05 or dignics80?
D05 if you love spinny spinny loopy loops.

D64 if you are those who do not want to waste time but prefers a shot one kill personality. ( Yay! my kind of personality )

D80 if you are undecided or a someone with split personality.

Last edited:
Reactions: InfermiteG
says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Gewo Nexxus EL Pro Superselect is another marketing flop. Stooopeed name! So long and what a mouthful.

Just Rename it Gewo Aruna Soft, Medium and Hard for gawd sake. Its easy to articulate & its quickly understood.

Be like the Chinese Takeaway: always delicious, always open and always cheap.

Don't be like a snobbish french Michelin restaurant: Its slow, need to learn a foreign languge to order and need to pretend to like wine.
IMG_6934.jpeg

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I would rather go for color than particular series :), and green is only SuperSelect version, so this will be my choice to give it a try, but I'm still thinking of 45 or 48.
45 is kinda like C-1 from FastArc rubbers
48 is like G-1

so I'm leaning towards the 45 for BH as C-1 feels better for my BH