Haifu Booster

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Hi,

Has anybody tried haifu seamoon or haifu national oil on hurricane 3 neo? How is it compared to falco long booster? Is haifu way stronger and has a better effect on speed and spin as compared to falco? Please let me know. Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
Thanks for the info. After how long do you reboost?
I have only used Haifu black oil so nothing to compare with. Used 4 layers on H3N National BS and the effect is remarkable. This is how the rubbers are supposed to be.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
I boosted 2 setups with same rubbers. Boost wore off completely maybe within 4-6 months on the first setup, and on the other the boost is still active more than a year later. But truth be told, I started using the second setup and haven't been playing very often the last 6 months, that's why the boost is still there.

Thanks for the info. After how long do you reboost?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
That is a long time 4-6 months. That is good to know.Would hate to boost rubber every month.
I boosted 2 setups with same rubbers. Boost wore off completely maybe within 4-6 months on the first setup, and on the other the boost is still active more than a year later. But truth be told, I started using the second setup and haven't been playing very often the last 6 months, that's why the boost is still there.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
I initially used Falco Long when I used to play with H3 Neo (provincial bs) and was quite happy. Then I tried Haifu Seamoon and the results were quite different as the sponge didn’t soften up as much as with Falco Long. I perceived the rubber as more spinny with Haifu Seamoon. The price is pretty similar if you it direct from China (ie not via AliExpress but from tmall etc).

Paw

This user has no status.

Paw

This user has no status.
Dec 2016
Hi,
Used both but when I found seamoon I stay with it :)
Very good booster, increased speed and spin but not loosing control. Used with Rasanters rubbers. One/ two layers enough for 4/6 weeks.
Seamoon is a little bit more expensive (£25) than Falco but one tin is should be enough for season

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
what method to boost do you use when boosting with seamoon?
I initially used Falco Long when I used to play with H3 Neo (provincial bs) and was quite happy. Then I tried Haifu Seamoon and the results were quite different as the sponge didn’t soften up as much as with Falco Long. I perceived the rubber as more spinny with Haifu Seamoon. The price is pretty similar if you it direct from China (ie not via AliExpress but from tmall etc).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2018
Read 2 reviews
what method to boost do you use when boosting with seamoon?

Sometimes I've started with one layer of water based glue but most of the time not as I've never experienced any "bubbling". 2-3 layers of booster (following the instructions on the bottle when it comes to the frequency). Wait a few days to let the dome settle a little bit and then glue it to the blade. I've got a Yasaka ClickyPress which I put the blade into over night... not needed and a large pile of heavy books or similar would achieve the same result.

This user has no status.

Wow, I'm actually very surprised that it lasted 4-6 months. I would think 4-6 weeks are more reasonable. I thought FTL is the longest lasting booster and that's 3-4 months at most.

I'm not trying to cast doubt to your experience but can this be verified? Is this for Haifu black oil only? If the booster can last that long, I honestly don't mind paying the premium.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2016
My experience is only with Haifu black oil. I'm aware that they claim the boost will be gone within weeks, but how do they measure? And how often do they play if the boost lasts weeks? Due to some injuries I haven't played much at all since picking up TT after 30 years absence, meaning the rubbers aren't being used and the boost is alive longer.

I'm no scientist (sadly), but I put 4 thick layers on both the fh and bh rubber (41 BS and 37 orange sponge), probably more than recommended. I've played 4 times this year and boost is still there. I compared to the first setup which feels "dead" now. Same rubbers, same amount of boost, but I used that first setup a lot more :) Bounce test shows the same, 2nd setup is alive and well.

Wow, I'm actually very surprised that it lasted 4-6 months. I would think 4-6 weeks are more reasonable. I thought FTL is the longest lasting booster and that's 3-4 months at most.

I'm not trying to cast doubt to your experience but can this be verified? Is this for Haifu black oil only? If the booster can last that long, I honestly don't mind paying the premium.