Holy crap what chinese rubber is available in 1.7 / 1.8 similar to Tenergy 64

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Wow, did you know that nobody advertises their rubber in the thickness availabe? Not even TableTennisDB keeps track of this info. I was looking around and pretty much all chinese rubbers come only in 1 thickness which is 2.2mm. It seems only euro/jap rubber comes in different thicknesses and still not all of them go down to 1.7. I'm trying to make a beginners bats here and wanted to get something based on request by players as they've tried Tenergy 64 in 1.7mm and want something similar. Any ideas guys? To top it up there is hardly any chinese rubber that comes with light tackiness so the choice is reduced by 80%.

The only european rubbers on my mind now are Tibhar MX-P, Andro Rasant Powergrip and Tenergy 64 which are all available in 3 different thicknesses and obviously closest to each other specs. But there's got to be some cheap alternative out there to try for 10-15$. Question is what that might be?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2015
Ilia thanks for the suggestion but I already know which regular rubbers play similar to Tenergy 64, it's important the topic concentrates on 1.7, 1.9mm alternatives which is something rare as like the Aurora you listed is only available in 2.1. The Tenergy name is also not that much of a factor to be honest, it's the fact that these kids played with the 1.7 64 and we are trying to find either cheap chinese (hopefully) or european (not so cheap) 1.7mm rubber with the same throw angle, softness and tackiness. Rubbers like this that come to mind are MX-P and Rasant Powergrip, but they are not that cheap unless on sale and we want to avoid experimenting if possible.

Reaper I was going to rip you a new one, I know eacheng so I didnt think what you said is useful until I decided to revisit the site, as I haven't checked it in a while. You are right they do list all the available thicknesses nicely. It's a shame I have to go through each rubber to find out which has other options than 2.2 but it's better than nothing. I'm quiet pleased with that and in a matter of fact I'm probably going to order some forehand rubbers now :p Dat friendships son! Nothing a bottle of oil can't fix. So yeah just an example I would have loved opinions on like Battle 1, a rare non tacky rubber, but there we go instantly killed by the fact its only available in MAX. So it's out of the picture. I'm aware of some cheaper euro rubbers from Donic and Joola that maybe our solution, but still I want to hear more below what people have to say as somebody may have an excellent suggestion I wasn't aware of. Thin stuff, that doesn't hang for the ball (so we assume it has to be low tack) and it's quick paced as a T64

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Look at Dawei. I like Dawei IQUL. It comes in 3 thicknesses ( 1.8, 2.0 and 2.2 ) and 3 level of hardness (35,40 and 42).
I like IQUL 1.8mm sv ( 35t ) or reg ( 40 ) on my BH.
The rubber plays well for the money.
A good player can hit BH loops that skip out at the opponent. I don't believe I have tried IQUL on my FH. I have always used a DHS neo rubber on the FH when using IQUL on the BH.

Reactions: NextLevel
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2015
Read 1 reviews
Here is a good choice of cheap Chinese rubbers: http://colestt.com/inverted.php. Some people on this forum recommended Dawei 2008 XP, it is available in small thickness there. However, I didn't try 2008 XP.

Ilia thanks for the suggestion but I already know which regular rubbers play similar to Tenergy 64, it's important the topic concentrates on 1.7, 1.9mm alternatives which is something rare as like the Aurora you listed is only available in 2.1.

Honestly, I think that thickness doesn't matter that much.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
This user has been banned.
Nov 2010
Honestly, I think that thickness doesn't matter that much.
Yes, one can adapt but thicker rubbers/sponges made of the same sponge will feel softer than thinner sponges.

I personally would like to see DHS Neo type rubbers come in thinner sponge thicknesses.

Reactions: BeGo
This user has no status.
Lkt rubbers available in 1.8 and 1.5. Their rubber quite beginners friendly. :)

But,

Chinese rubber similar to 64 is a very tall order.

The closest I can think of is Haifu Shark II Soft, and I dont think that available in thin sponge.

Sent from my T1X Plus using Tapatalk

Last edited: