How can I remove my blade's handle without damaging it?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Most blades use a strong wood glue so if you boil the blade handle in water or take a cup of boiled water and let the blade sit in there for 1 minute you can get a razor blade and/or flat head screwdriver to wedge the handle off.

DO NOT microwave a carbon blade as your blade will basically either burn or explode. Wood blades can work fine in a microwave for 20 seconds or less, but realize that you always run the risk of damaging / warping the blade from the appliance.

I've swapped a few handles recently and had great success with the boiled water method.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2011
Read 14 reviews
Most blades use a strong wood glue so if you boil the blade handle in water or take a cup of boiled water and let the blade sit in there for 1 minute you can get a razor blade and/or flat head screwdriver to wedge the handle off.

DO NOT microwave a carbon blade as your blade will basically either burn or explode. Wood blades can work fine in a microwave for 20 seconds or less, but realize that you always run the risk of damaging / warping the blade from the appliance.

I've swapped a few handles recently and had great success with the boiled water method.

This sounds like a better idea. Would be great if you could comment here and share the result after your done :)