Hurricane 3 neo durability

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
What has been the lifespan of Hurricane 3 Neo (Commercial) for you guys? I have had my rubber for about 3 months (playing about 4-5x week, 1hr each time) and it looks and feels like it is on its last breath. Tack is gone completely, the top sheet has large visible "glossy" spots, the bounce is not there and even the spin capability seems significantly reduced.

I tried to take care of it as best I could, washing after every practice, keeping under film, etc.

I also got Nittaku Hurricane 3 on a different blade and I don't know if it's the secret Nittaku sauce or what, but it feels really good (like newer H3N used to), which makes the old H3N feel even dead-er if that makes sense.

What has been your experience? Is its durability really that bad that the rubber can be done in 3 months?

Reactions: Sherpa
Naa, I play with H3 regular. The top sheet looks like crap but it still grips excellent. A little bit of the tack is gone but it holds a ball for -1s. I think the consensus is that H3’s looks bad but performs good when aging. Mine is now >2months with -6 hrs a week. Mine last one was changed after 4 months but it still had plenty of life in it, just wanted to experiment a little…

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: cockney_niwa
says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
What has been the lifespan of Hurricane 3 Neo (Commercial) for you guys? I have had my rubber for about 3 months (playing about 4-5x week, 1hr each time) and it looks and feels like it is on its last breath. Tack is gone completely, the top sheet has large visible "glossy" spots, the bounce is not there and even the spin capability seems significantly reduced.

I tried to take care of it as best I could, washing after every practice, keeping under film, etc.

I also got Nittaku Hurricane 3 on a different blade and I don't know if it's the secret Nittaku sauce or what, but it feels really good (like newer H3N used to), which makes the old H3N feel even dead-er if that makes sense.

What has been your experience? Is its durability really that bad that the rubber can be done in 3 months?
did you only buy the neo a few month ago ?
I am asking because these newer H3s are not what the old ones were. My old ones last forever.

The lifespan of Hurricane 3 neo (commerical) is zero. It comes out of the packaging not that tacky. I don't use it anymore.

However for anyone wanting to try H3, the commercial version is very affordable so it is a good initial investment. But once you like the tackiness of it, then you should probably switch to blue sponge because by then, with the commercial version, the top sheet will not be tacky by the time you found out you like it!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
did you only buy the neo a few month ago ?
I am asking because these newer H3s are not what the old ones were. My old ones last forever.
Yes, only bought it three months ago when I started using it. It seems that consensus is that new commercial version is just not that good. Which I guess matches my impression from direct comparison with Nittaku H3

Reactions: lodro and Sherpa
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2023
I also have a question regarding h3n durability. I have been playing my sheet of provincial 39‘ for about 4 months now, 4 times a week.

The topsheet has been looking like crap for months now, but the spin is still excellent, so is the grip. I cant even tell if it has gotten any worse compared to day 1 other than the visible difference of the topsheet.

When I compare it to my esn rubber on the backhand however, which has been played the same amount of hours, that rubber lost alot of spin and arc and I can feel a huge difference.

Can a sheet of h3n even die? I am starting do doubt it.

One thing I forgot to mention: for some reason that sheet has also not lost its tack and was also tacky from the start, unlike many of the newer h3n nowadays

I also have a question regarding h3n durability. I have been playing my sheet of provincial 39‘ for about 4 months now, 4 times a week.

The topsheet has been looking like crap for months now, but the spin is still excellent, so is the grip. I cant even tell if it has gotten any worse compared to day 1 other than the visible difference of the topsheet.

When I compare it to my esn rubber on the backhand however, which has been played the same amount of hours, that rubber lost alot of spin and arc and I can feel a huge difference.

Can a sheet of h3n even die? I am starting do doubt it.

One thing I forgot to mention: for some reason that sheet has also not lost its tack and was also tacky from the start, unlike many of the newer h3n nowadays
I think H3 neo provincial blue sponge is still tacky. All H3 commercial orange sponge is not tacky anymore.

This user has no status.
I don’t really think hurricane dies, I have a sheet glued to my backup blade that I forgot about with about 3 months of 8-10 hours of practice a week. It isn’t tacky anymore but it’s still just as playable and the spin on serve is decent. This is a sheet that has been boosted so I expect that it is on its way out eventually.