Hurricane Long 5 GOLDEN version review

says Or is it more legit...
says Or is it more legit...
Sep 2019
Updated : jang woojin is using gl5. Just saw an jaehyun poster on his ig story. There you can see woojin checking up on his 3 i believe of his gl5(s). The box is quite obvious. Here are some pics I took before the reel disappear. It’s alittle bit blur due to being a ss but you could go check by this time.
IMG_5686.png
IMG_5687.png
IMG_5688.png
IMG_5689.png

Reactions: Robin0910
Updated : jang woojin is using gl5. Just saw an jaehyun poster on his ig story. There you can see woojin checking up on his 3 i believe of his gl5(s). The box is quite obvious. Here are some pics I took before the reel disappear. It’s alittle bit blur due to being a ss but you could go check by this time.
Jang Woojin should be using his personalized W968 from DHS.

The photos below are shared by someone else online.
1.jpg

2.jpg

Reactions: Robin0910
I am trying to decide to buy either a Golden Long 5 or a Provincial W968 Letters from ProTT. The price of the W968 scares me a little, but I am willing to get it if it is way better than the GHL5 which is only 175 USD on ProTT. Which one is better for me if I am a two winged agressive topspin looper? I have been playing Butterfly blades (Currently Super Viscaria) but really want to try a Long 5 series blade, so which one would be better for me

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I am trying to decide to buy either a Golden Long 5 or a Provincial W968 Letters from ProTT. The price of the W968 scares me a little, but I am willing to get it if it is way better than the GHL5 which is only 175 USD on ProTT. Which one is better for me if I am a two winged agressive topspin looper? I have been playing Butterfly blades (Currently Super Viscaria) but really want to try a Long 5 series blade, so which one would be better for me
They're both very different from any type of Viscaria. Is there something you don't like about your super Vis?

They're both very different from any type of Viscaria. Is there something you don't like about your super Vis?
No I really love it right now but it is my only blade and I want an alternate DHS blade to play with. Of course I went to Long 5 immediately but I saw the Golden Long 5 and Provincial W968 and those two look like really good blades at really good prices. So what can I expect with these two blades compared to each other and the super vis?

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Super Viscaria has nothing in common with hl5 type blades (e.g. ghl 5, w968, etc). Vis is a stiff, non flexible outer Carbon with hard top ply (koto) and hl5 is soft, flexible inner Carbon.
Couldn’t be much more different in feel and characteristics

Super Viscaria has nothing in common with hl5 type blades (e.g. ghl 5, w968, etc). Vis is a stiff, non flexible outer Carbon with hard top ply (koto) and hl5 is soft, flexible inner Carbon.
Couldn’t be much more different in feel and characteristics
But out of the two blades i mentioned (Golden Long 5 and Provincial W968) which one is better for value of money ($175 vs $260 USD respectively)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
But out of the two blades i mentioned (Golden Long 5 and Provincial W968) which one is better for value of money ($175 vs $260 USD respectively)

Both will be incredibly slower than your Super ALC. Both have thinner top ply than the older W968 = crispy feel but still very different from outer ALC.

Personally I would go for Provincial W968.

Both will be incredibly slower than your Super ALC. Both have thinner top ply than the older W968 = crispy feel but still very different from outer ALC.

Personally I would go for Provincial W968.
I do need some more control in my game so this would be good although I assume the transition period will be a while. Provincial W968 looks good, might give it a try but if budget doesn’t allow, GHL5 still okay?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I bought a GHL5 earlier this year and it is an excellent blade, one of my regular playing partners who uses a Bty FZD salc tried it and was annoyingly good with it.
However, coming from the 7 ply HL3 it was still a bit too immediate for me (outer carbon doesn't seem to suit my technique, and HL5 wasn't quite what I was looking for either), so I have recently bought a W968 provincial (wish I'd just gone for it earlier as SFF_lib had suggested, oops) which even after very limited use appears to be the perfect fit for me with more dwell and flexibility.
So you may find the GHL5 suits you slightly better. And without wanting to seem pushy. . . I think I will be looking to sell my GHL5 if you're interested. . .

I bought a GHL5 earlier this year and it is an excellent blade, one of my regular playing partners who uses a Bty FZD salc tried it and was annoyingly good with it.
However, coming from the 7 ply HL3 it was still a bit too immediate for me (outer carbon doesn't seem to suit my technique, and HL5 wasn't quite what I was looking for either), so I have recently bought a W968 provincial (wish I'd just gone for it earlier as SFF_lib had suggested, oops) which even after very limited use appears to be the perfect fit for me with more dwell and flexibility.
So you may find the GHL5 suits you slightly better. And without wanting to seem pushy. . . I think I will be looking to sell my GHL5 if you're interested. . .
How much would it cost to buy your GHL5? Shipping to Canada?