I tried to ask ChatGPT TT questions

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
make a slogan for a table tennis company

"Ping Pong Power, Play with Passion"

who is best table tennis player?

As of my knowledge cut-off in 2021, the best table tennis player is generally considered to be Ma Long of China. He has won multiple World Championships and Olympic gold medals, and is widely regarded as one of the greatest table tennis players of all time. However, the title of the "best" player is subjective and can change over time based on their performance and the performance of other players.

Is Evolution MXP faster than Dignics?

The speed of a table tennis rubber depends on several factors, including the playing style and technique of the individual player, the surface of the table, and the conditions of the game. That being said, as of my knowledge cut-off in 2021, Evolution MXP and Dignics are both considered to be fast rubbers, designed for aggressive players who value speed and spin in

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
whats the difference between Evolution MXP and Fastarc G1?

The Evolution MXP and Fastarc G1 are both table tennis rubbers that are used by professional and amateur players. However, there are some differences between these two rubbers that make them suitable for different types of playing styles.
The Evolution MXP is a high-tension rubber that is designed for aggressive players who want to generate maximum spin and speed on their shots. This rubber is made with a new generation of high-tension sponge that provides a balance between control and power.
On the other hand, the Fastarc G1 is a rubber that is designed for all-round players who want to have a good balance between spin, speed, and control. This rubber has a softer sponge than the Evolution MXP and provides a more controlled playing experience. It is also known for its good sound and feel when making shots.
In conclusion, the Evolution MXP is best suited for players who want maximum power and spin, while the Fastarc G1 is better suited for all-round players who want a balance between spin, speed, and control.

says Rozena! You complete me.
Mar 2021
Question by user:
Compare and contrast Donic Bluefire M1 versus Tibhar Evolution MXP

Answer by AI-bot:
The Donic Bluefire M1 and Tibhar Evolution MXP are both high-performance table tennis rubbers that are popular among competitive players. However, there are some key differences between the two that can affect playing style and performance.

Speed: The Donic Bluefire M1 is considered a fast rubber with a high level of spin, while the Tibhar Evolution MXP is considered a slightly slower rubber with less spin.

Control: The Tibhar Evolution MXP is known for its exceptional control and is favored by players who value precision in their shots. The Donic Bluefire M1, while still offering good control, has a slightly lower level of control compared to the Tibhar Evolution MXP.

Spin: The Donic Bluefire M1 has a higher level of spin compared to the Tibhar Evolution MXP, making it ideal for aggressive players who like to put a lot of spin on their shots. The Tibhar Evolution MXP, on the other hand, offers a good balance of spin and control.

Durability: Both the Donic Bluefire M1 and Tibhar Evolution MXP are known for their durability, with the Tibhar Evolution MXP being slightly more durable due to its slightly softer sponge.

In conclusion, both the Donic Bluefire M1 and Tibhar Evolution MXP are excellent table tennis rubbers, but the choice between the two will depend on personal playing style and preferences. If you are an aggressive player who prioritizes speed and spin, then the Donic Bluefire M1 might be the right choice for you. If you value precision and control, then the Tibhar Evolution MXP might be a better option.

===================

NB: Above is not what I say but rather what the AI bot says

p/s I have a feeling the bot got MXP mix-up with M1. The above answer would have sounded more plausible if we interchange MXP with M1

Last edited:
This user has no status.
I asked this: Rubbers manufactured by ESN (so called "tensor rubbers") tend to lose weight over several weeks of storage, when they are already glued to a table tennis blade. What chemical substance evaporates from them?

The answer was: The specific chemical substance that evaporates from tensor rubbers manufactured by ESN and causes them to lose weight over time is not publicly disclosed. However, it is widely believed that it is some form of plasticizer, which is a substance added to rubber to increase its flexibility and reduce its hardness.

When tensor rubbers are stored for an extended period of time, the plasticizer may evaporate from the rubber, causing it to harden and lose weight. This can have a significant impact on the performance of the rubber and the overall feel of the racket.

In order to mitigate this problem, table tennis manufacturers typically recommend storing rubbers in a cool, dry place and keeping them covered when not in use. Some players also use specialized storage containers to help maintain the freshness and performance of their rubbers.

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
Mar 2021
Question to AI-bot: Define throw angle in table tennis rubber
Answer from AI-bot:
In table tennis, the throw angle refers to the angle at which a table tennis ball leaves the rubber of the racket during a stroke. It is the angle between the tangent line of the rubber's surface at the point of contact with the ball and the direction of the ball's flight.

A rubber with a high throw angle will cause the ball to leave the rubber at a steeper angle, resulting in a higher trajectory and a longer arc. This can be useful for shots that require a higher ball flight, such as looping or topspin strokes.

On the other hand, a rubber with a lower throw angle will cause the ball to leave the rubber at a flatter angle, resulting in a lower trajectory and a shorter arc. This can be useful for shots that require a flatter trajectory, such as drives or smashes.

The throw angle of a rubber can be affected by a variety of factors, including the hardness and thickness of the sponge layer, the type of topsheet used, and the speed and spin of the stroke. It is an important characteristic to consider when choosing a table tennis rubber, as it can greatly affect the overall performance and style of play.

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
To me, the AI answers sound like someone trying to pretend they are saying something important while not saying anything at all.

So, exactly what BrokenBall just said fully applies to all of those answers. hahahahahaha.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Question to AI-bot: Define throw angle in table tennis rubber
Answer from AI-bot:
In table tennis, the throw angle refers to the angle at which a table tennis ball leaves the rubber of the racket during a stroke.

During the stroke or after the stroke?

It is the angle between the tangent line of the rubber's surface at the point of contact with the ball and the direction of the ball's flight.
This doesn't make sense. Tangent line? I can accept that it is the angle between the vector normal ( perpendicular to the surface of the paddle ) and the trajectory of the ball. The AI is off by 90 degrees.

A rubber with a high throw angle will cause the ball to leave the rubber at a steeper angle,
Relative to what? It the AI means relative to the paddle's normal vector then OK. The AI isn't clear.

resulting in a higher trajectory
OK

and a longer arc.
What is a long arc? Tighter arc? If I hit the ball very fast the ball will have a longer arc.

This can be useful for shots that require a higher ball flight, such as looping or topspin strokes.
Wrong. How high the arc is doesn't matter as long as the ball goes over the net and lands on the table. Balls with a high arc will bounce high too making them easier to counter.

On the other hand, a rubber with a lower throw angle will cause the ball to leave the rubber at a flatter angle, resulting in a lower trajectory and a shorter arc. This can be useful for shots that require a flatter trajectory, such as drives or smashes.

The throw angle of a rubber can be affected by a variety of factors, including the hardness and thickness of the sponge layer, the type of topsheet used, and the speed and spin of the stroke.
What about the ratio of the tangential to normal coefficient of restitution? Those other factors matter only indirectly. You can't use hardness and thickness in a formula. It is the COR ratios that really matter.

It is an important characteristic to consider when choosing a table tennis rubber, as it can greatly affect the overall performance and style of play.
That is pretty general.

The AI has been corrupted by all the bad info on TT forums. See what you guys have done?

BTW, I watch ChatGPT try to play chess. It didnt seem to know what it was in check.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
To me, the AI answers sound like someone trying to pretend they are saying something important while not saying anything at all.
This is true. It seems to me that it is much easier for AI to write a book than to answer a simple question like "how to cook scrambled eggs?" Regarding answering this question, ChatGPT advised me to use ostrich eggs.
Now I'm wondering where to find them :)

• Haha
Reactions: UpSideDownCarl