Is there such as a thing as a brand new "dead" rubber?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
I received a new sheet of Stiga Platinum S rubber. I glued it to my blade a few days ago. I used it for the first time today. Every fh went into the net. I made angle adjustments, but the ball went in all directions. I flipped the blade and used my bh Stiga Platinum S on the fh and shots went over the net. So, I went back to the new rubber and kept having the same issue.
I went to my bag and grabbed an old paddle and had no issues. This is the strangest thing!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Brand new dead rubber would normally mean a new "anti spin" rubber. lol

Did you buy from authorized resellers?

But since you have a normal rubber. The only thing I can think of is the glue job.
I suggest removing the rubber and reglue to see if the problem persists.
If it does, contact your seller and query about it (I hope it is an authorized party)

I have heard of problems of similar problems of grey imported stocks before from my customers who experienced it.
For example: where the stock I sell is normal, while the other seller's stock (which bought from 3rd parties = aka grey importing) also went into nets, or the bounce was different). My customer actually came to me to buy (normal price) and compared with his grey purchase (cheaper) and he notice a big difference.
He returned to the seller saying it doesn't play normal, and the seller exchanged it for him without even testing. The replacement had the same issue. My customer didn't mention he was testing with a normal one from an authorized seller. That was the last time that customer contacted that seller.
So I hope your stock is from an authorized seller.

However, majority of the time, it is normally glue job issue. So I hope that is just it.