JOOLA Rossi Emotion Product Review

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
Hey Everyone,

Check out this video that we've been working on. My brother who specializes in Animation made these awesome videos. We brought in ITTF Course Conductor Richard McAfee to do the voiceover and product reviews.

Please like & subscribe if you'd like to see more videos like these. Post a comment here with suggestions or thoughts.

Thanks,

Rich.

says http://www.cornilleau-competition.com/EN/index.html
Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Hi Richard, the video is really great, but the intro is kinda long.. But again, great video :) It's good for players to actually see what the tech-specs of the blade are and how it works. I kinda miss something about how it plays, like not how it's supposed to play like, but how YOU or the reviewer feels about how the blade plays.. The gameplay you describe could as well be read on some web-shop page with info from the producer..

But if you call it a commercial video, then it's some of the best I've ever seen :) Good work :)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2011
Read 4 reviews
The wording is more directed towards newer players and lower level players here in the U.S. However I will say that the terminology may be off due to his training in a different era. Tacky back then I'm sure meant grippy now a days. For the most part, it's changed quite a bit. I remember when Tacky meant Chinese rubbers 10 years ago and now it's more lined up with "sticky" references.

As far as reviewing goes I misunderstood the definition used by the general community. Apparently it now means pro's vs con's which you won't see any company doing. However I may try and ask them to do this if this is what the general community wants. Because perhaps it's to our benefit to point out the misgivings of our equipment because then we may have more integrity in our products.

When I typed review here I meant it more along the lines of formal assessment in regards to certain playing styles/levels. As far as I can tell Coach McAfee has had experience typing up descriptions for companies like Butterfly U.S. and I'm sure he did the same with these voiceovers, but I also believe that what he typed was along the same lines of what he found from testing our products. He actually did test out our products and gave us the pro's of the equipment line. And as I've explained most companies don't really care about the con's as that doesn't help us market our products.

But thanks for the response Anders. Over at MyTT they're totally getting out of hand and borderline insulting. It's good to know that TTD still stands for more friendly comments even those that are criticizing in nature.

More comments, suggestions, and concerns are welcome.

Thanks,

Rich.

Mar 2011
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for the explanation Richard :)

I totally agree that criticizm should be constructive and for helping out reasons. But it's a good idea that you have there, with company integrety. Like STIGA has recently lost some integrety/respect here in Scandinavia because they are putting up their rubbers as the "best ever", but they ain't.. I think all the companies should go out with a new product and say: "This rubber should suit this or that playing style and if you like to do this and that you are probably gonna like this rubber/blade or whatever product they are putting out there". Not like now when every company has a "best rubber ever made", since 99% of the new rubbers coming ain't!

But to you guys at JOOLA, I really have one thing to say: Keep up the good work! :)

You are really increasing your integrety by going out to the big masses of EJ's on the forums, asking what they think. Then you could easily know what, not just pros, but also "regular" players prefers :)