Kong Linghui in a police car - a brush with the law!

Last weekend Kong Linghui was in a drinking and beating incident which led to the police being called, with China's Table Tennis Head Coach Liu Guoliang being rushed to the police station. The incident which happened at 4.30 am on the 27th May 2011 has gained huge attention to the media and the people.

konglinghui4.365x265.jpg

Photo source: news.workercn.cn/rollnews/c2/

This recent event has sparked by news all over the table tennis world with executive editor of the Ping Pong World Xia Wa who personally confirmed the incident on her Weibo account.

What actually went on if you don't know? Kong Linghui was appeared drunk at the World Financial Tower and had a verbal confrontation with a young security guard which led to physical harm. The two were led to the Hujialou police station where Chinese head coach Liu Guoliang and Kong settled the incident with hush money. This money was not to keep the security quiet, it was intended to cover the costs of the treatment needed for the security officer Read the full event here

The editor Xia Wa statements on her Weibo account were, “I saw the news about Kong Linghui’s recent controversy in the internet. Initially, I was skeptical about the issue. Based from my 20 years of understanding of Kong Linghui, I know deep in my heart that Kong Linghui will not do a provocative scenario like that. This kind of feast over the internet should stop. But starting yesterday, my phone didn’t stop receiving calls from my fellow media and some peers asking about the incident. So I called Kong Linghui myself.”

Xia Wa continued on her account to ask well were the facts correct with Kong Linghui's incident? “The Chinese National Team had a short break which started last May 27. So Kong Linghui went out with some of his friends that night. The mood was very happy with all of the guys drinking. Approximately past one in the morning, Kong Linghui took a taxi going back home (I don’t know where that “dispute over parking” speculation came from). After he got off the taxi, he immediately felt the need of a toilet. So he went for the nearest bathroom in the building (World Financial Tower). The security naturally blocked him from entering. Kong Linghui explained about his urinary urgency and needs to go inside the building. However, the other party adhered to their policy. Naturally, there would be a conflict arising from this scenario.”

Xia Wa went on to speak about the Alleged hush money. “The people in the surrounding knew Kong Linghui. After the police received the information, they immediately rushed to the scene. The security claimed to have been injured and was sent immediately to the hospital Kong was certain that nothing serious happened. After Kong Linghui checked the cost of the treatment, he gave a little money to the security (the money was not intended for the security to keep quiet). In addition, Kong Linghui did not call Liu Guoliang that night. He said that how can he possibly call and disturb someone in the middle of the night.”

What are your thoughts and views on this behaviour?

---Share this article with your friends on facebook using the link to the top of the article---

Check the original source: Kong Linghui finally broke his silence about his recent controversy.