My loop issue

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I had the same issue. This is primarily happening because incorrect stance/position and hitting the ball late. Try these steps slowly.
1. Stand bending forward with pressure and balance on your toes so yo feel bouncy
2. Hit the ball in front of you and not late till it reaches past your side
3. Complete the swing of your arm when you loop where your bat comes at the level of your forehead and a bit higher and the wrist is about 6 inches from your eyes. This could vary a bit based on whether you are looping/lifting a backspin ball or a no-spin/counter ball.
But the idea is to focus on getting this right slowly with shadows and the playing multi-balls at a slow pace and then a bit faster after you get comfortable.

Reactions: offensiveplayer
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
There is nothing like making videos! Just about everyone has a cell phone or a tablet. Some can record at 120 FPS and have lots of memory for videos.

Any motion after the ball leaves the paddle is wasted motion and should be minimized for fast recovery. The ball doesn't care about your follow through, but it is impractical to stop instantly.

Sometimes practicing strokes while look at yourself in a mirror helps too.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I had the same issue. This is primarily happening because incorrect stance/position and hitting the ball late. Try these steps slowly.
1. Stand bending forward with pressure and balance on your toes so yo feel bouncy
2. Hit the ball in front of you and not late till it reaches past your side
3. Complete the swing of your arm when you loop where your bat comes at the level of your forehead and a bit higher and the wrist is about 6 inches from your eyes. This could vary a bit based on whether you are looping/lifting a backspin ball or a no-spin/counter ball.
But the idea is to focus on getting this right slowly with shadows and the playing multi-balls at a slow pace and then a bit faster after you get comfortable.
Thanks thia was helpful

Reactions: saurabhnavangul
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
When i loop my wrist punch my head i cant stop it, when i try to stop the hand my loop go in the net or over the table.
That's weird. “.. my wrist punch my head ..” sorry but can you explain more? Does it mean that you literally hit your head with the racket?

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi guys, i have this issie with loop long time but now when i train more i get injuries. When i loop my wrist punch my head i cant stop it, when i try to stop the hand my loop go in the net or over the table. How can i fix that, thanks.
Aruna Quadri also has this problem but his wrist always seems to miss his head for some magical reason. Study his video for more inspiration perhaps.

Or

You could loop with a more forward swing arc.

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
I have several scars from looping myself in the forehead. Mainly when training vs chop, after the first thousand loops I got sloppy form. Two Three pieces of advice I can offer.

1. Rotate your torso and shoulders as you swing. Head-looping is caused by the arm swinging as the body stays still.

2. Carry a thick terrycloth headband in your TT bag, the kind john McEnroe used to wear. These will stop the bleeding quickly so you can continue to train or play.

3. Cushioning edge tape

Reactions: offensiveplayer