Need advice on new blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2020
No issues with slower blades or rubber to train offensive techniques for but as I mentioned, hardness and spin must support the techniques being worked on. It's about as ridiculous as trying to learn looping on an antispin rubber to say Mark V is suitable for learning offensive techniques in this era. Sure it's possible but it will deform the technique and give the player bad habits and poor results. Do you prefer beginners to be discouraged and give up because they cannot get the results they want when trying to emulate the top players or light up as they see the technique they tried to copy works like how they see in the videos and how they imagine it?

Rakza 7 specs
Mark V specs

Mark V is 40-45 degrees in hardness. Rakza 7 is 45-50 . There could be a small chance of overlap due to production tolerance but in my experience (albeit limited) I have always preferred Rakza 7 to Mark V in terms of feel and spin when attacking, as Rakza 7 is harder and spinnier.

What I don't understand is why folks hold on to outdated ideas like old wives and their tales. Its like they were brainwashed. Mark V, not just a rubber, but a real cult and they are fixing to spread it. It may have been the bees knees when it came out but that was 50 years ago and the game as well as rubber capability has moved on.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I am not sure how to make a new post so I am going to ask this here.
I I am an amauter table tennis player, been plaing for more than ten years. Since 2013 I have benn playing with a Butterfly Kreanga PowerKev Carbon blade (a gift). I started by playing close to the table, with aYasaka Rakza 7 soft fh and a Tibhar Speedy Soft D.TecS (BH). (thats what the club had at the time),
For the past year I use a Yasaka rakza X soft for the BH and Yasaka rakza X for the FH. I will go with Nittaku Hammond Z2 (on the FH) once I improve a bit more. Now play midle distance. But still my favorite style is is block or fast topspin flick return especially on the backhand), play 2-4 ball attacks on the bounce flat or topspin if needed smash smash, block dropshot It just comes natural. Hevy tosping 3 metters from the table not a chance, I 'd rather slice.
I like my blade as I am use to it but I am not sure it compiments my rubbers and style of play?
I can't find a decent review of the Kreanga PowerKev Carbon blade, so nothing to compare it to, but I think this blade is made for far from the table topspin?
Has anyone ever played with it?
I was going to try stiga Legacy Carbon, but show iin the review it's not great in serving or reciving.I also liked the Yasaka Falck Carbon (haven't played with either), but they are too pricy for me and I cant aford to make a mistake.
Should I even change>

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
If you’re still developing your technique, I wouldn’t recommend any carbon blade for now. I’ll keep wait a bit more..
Even inner carbon might be too much, as you’ll get more power from it and lose that control that you actually need now. Safety and forgiveness are the key, so you can only focus on your strokes.

Someone mentioned a Stiga blade, that’s a pretty good option.
Other amazing ones are Nittaku Acustic/Violin, yasaka all wood blade and DHS power G7. There are so many..

i would mirror that sentiment and as i learned you might botch your technique and learning success if you play with a carbon blade too early.
You will simply "learn" to play half-a$$ed shots and hold back, because the power of the blade is too high. You will probably not learn how to properly generate power from your body instead of from a too fast blade. That will stifle your success in the long term.

Not all wood since Kreanga is carbon I want something with carbon.

If you play close to the table or mid distance isn't necessary a fiber blade, a lot of people including old World Champions used 7 plies all wood blades with short pips also using all wood you will increase a lot the feeling, the blade advice is Stiga Clipper, also non fiber blades aren't so expensive.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
I would recommend an all-wood Stiga blade (which has good feel and feedback) , but not to slow if you are an attacker. Something like Stiga Clipper WPR or even Stiga Clipper. You can buy a good used one if your budget is limited. After 1 year you can switch to Carbon blade like Carbonado 145, I am using that for quit some time and it is an amazing blade. Choosing to slow blade would be not a good idea if you are an attacker specially with the plastic boll. Good luck!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

Thanks a lot. What do you think about Viscaria, I haven't tryed it but I have seen it's a good blade, not sure it is made for my style though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022

Viscaria contains arylaat carbon, it is faster then Stiga Clipper but it is not crazy fast. It is realy a good frame and all butterfly sponsored players blades are based on it. If you buy it you need to stick with it for a long time and don't change it. Consider xiom vega euro rubbers as they have good control to compensate the speed and they are also cheaper to compensate the price as well ;) as you improve your game after long time , you can consider upgrading your rubbers to faster rubbers such as tenergy 05 or xiom omega 7 euro or pro ;)

Last edited:
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
.. [Consider myself hybrid between All-round and Offensive].

I am still working on my techniques so i need something which gives me more feeling to know the quality/accuracy of my shots and improve further.
Current Setup -
Blade - Yinhe n9s
FH - Andro Hexer Duro
BH - Mark V Soft

I would like to continue with my current rubbers along with the new blade. ..
Based on this information, you may want to try Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive because it matches your playing style better, but more advance. It's compatible with the old Mark V Soft rubber that you're using right now, IMHO. I suggest that you use a harder rubber, such as Mark V (not Soft), on your BH to improve your return.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022

Viscaria contains arylaat carbon, it is faster then Stiga Clipper but it is not crazy fast. It is realy a good frame and all butterfly sponsored players blades are based on it. If you buy it you need to stick with it for a long time and don't change it. Consider xiom vega euro rubbers as they have good control to compensate the speed and they are also cheaper to compensate the price as well ;) as you improve your game after long time , you can consider upgrading your rubbers to faster rubbers such as tenergy 05 or xiom omega 7 euro or pro ;)

I have bought Viscaria and have played it for 3 months now. At first it felt slow but I think thats an illusion because it has so much control. It feels great like I am not even trying. I played a 10 match round robin tournament (4h in a row) and was fresh. I am winning less matches than before, the main reason is the my fast serves all go out of the table, but I ii get used to that. Thanks for the advice. It turned out to be a great choice.

This user has no status.
Hello -

I am an intermediate player playing at a local club for almost 2 years now. Prior to that i had played during my college days long back. The level is decent and i am comfortable doing forehand and backhand loops/blocking/chops/top spins [Consider myself hybrid between All-round and Offensive].

I am still working on my techniques so i need something which gives me more feeling to know the quality/accuracy of my shots and improve further.

Shortlisted Blades -
Donic Waldner Ultra Senso Carbon [Inner Carbon]
Andro Treiber CI [Inner Carbon]
Tibhar Force Pro Black

Current Setup -
Blade - Yinhe n9s
FH - Andro Hexer Duro
BH - Mark V Soft

I would like to continue with my current rubbers along with the new blade. Open to suggestions on other options. Thanks.

Hey Aniket,
I've been reading replies from other members and reviewing your initial list on your first post. I concluded that you are comfortable and closer to the innerforce style blade? I myself use one (harimoto innerforce ZLC) although butterfly overpriced it by a lot, it is still really crisp and controlled, very consistent and good to play with, especially if you are still learning how to "feel" the ball. However, I used to use a DONIC Ovtcharov Senso original V1 (7 PLY wood, walnut first layer), and another DONIC Ovtcharov carbon senso Carbon V1 (5 PLY Wood 2 PLY Carbon, Innerforce style composition). I could also recommend those blades. Please tell me if I got anything wrong :)