New Cpen and rubbers need some help

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Hi there I'm as of today and almost 10 years back been using tenergy 05fx 1.9 on my FH and friendship ritc 80-40 with 1.5 sponge on my backhand.
The blade which I'm using is a stiga hybridwood wood nct which I truly love. Total weight of 168 grams which is wery light due to the friendship rubber also.
Tried to change for shakehand but it's not my cup of tea.
Always played cpen with my own gripstyle and would like to continue with that.
Played for the first time in 8 years today and man I'm out of shape 😂

So what I want to your assistance for is that I'm gonna go for the stiga cybershape wood blade in cpen but i want help in choosing rubbers.
Want something abit harder to tenergy 05fx for my FH and I like to stand away from.the table.
Was thinking of nittaku fastarc G-1 or also looking at Stiga mantra pro in M and of course butterfly 05 and 05 dignics.
Want to use my FH to loop and spin mostly and in need to some assistance so not a spin sensitive rubber.
And also i would like to know if there are any short pips rubbers similar to what I'm using today which I can use to block and push and play more aggressive when needed. Something similar to friendship 80-40 with a sponge around 1.5 which I'm using today.
So anu suggestion pls advice me.
Playing style is more towards allround with push and attack with BH close to table and loop and drive with FH further away from table.

Last edited:
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
"Was thinking of nittaku fastarc G-1 or also looking at Stiga mantra pro in M and of course butterfly 05 and 05 dignics." - there you have it, the Butterfly 05 is pretty good if you want to stay far from table, meanwhile Dignics 05 might be too hard and suit for playing close to table. MXP is a good choice, also DNA Platinum M, Jekyll&Hyde X47.5

Reactions: Zion
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi there I'm as of today and almost 10 years back been using tenergy 05fx 1.9 on my FH and friendship ritc 80-40 with 1.5 sponge on my backhand.
The blade which I'm using is a stiga hybridwood wood nct which I truly love. Total weight of 168 grams which is wery light due to the friendship rubber also.

So what I want to your assistance for is that I'm gonna go for the stiga cybershape wood blade in cpen but i want help in choosing rubbers.
Want something abit harder to tenergy 05fx for my FH and I like to stand away from.the table.
Was thinking of nittaku fastarc G-1 or also looking at Stiga mantra pro in M and of course butterfly 05 and 05 dignics.
Want to use my FH to loop and spin mostly and in need to some assistance so not a spin sensitive rubber.
And also i would like to know if there are any short pips rubbers similar to what I'm using today which I can use to block and push and play more aggressive when needed. Something similar to friendship 80-40 with a sponge around 1.5 which I'm using today.
Playing style is more towards allround with push and attack with BH close to table and loop and drive with FH further away from table.
If you are thinking of Dignics 05 (meaning you have the budget) but you want a non- spin sensitive rubber for your forehand, choose Dignics 09C. Not sure your blade has enough power for away from the table loops though. For the shrort pips idk I'm an offensive player.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews
Cybershape is quite a step up from Hybrid in terms of power and speed. If you step up the rubber too much, it might mean more disaster than good.

FH - why not try T05 2.1mm. It’s quite a bit faster than T05 1.9mm.

Short pip - I played spin pip 1.9mm on my RPB. Light, fast, insensitive to incoming spin but still can grip the ball and generate spin.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews

G1, T05 (Don't go Mantra - its EOL soon, or D05 - its not easy to use if you don't train a lot).
Backhand, why don't you stay 802-40?
if you want to try something else, TSP super spin pips is a good option. Many Chinese use this to attack. its loopable, you can spin with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Cybershape is quite a step up from Hybrid in terms of power and speed. If you step up the rubber too much, it might mean more disaster than good.

FH - why not try T05 2.1mm. It’s quite a bit faster than T05 1.9mm.

Short pip - I played spin pip 1.9mm on my RPB. Light, fast, insensitive to incoming spin but still can grip the ball and generate spin.

Hi your probably thinking on cybershape carbon but I'm not gonna go for carbon. Looking at the wood version.
And even that my old stiga hybridwood nct isn't as fast all carbon blades it's still a pretty fast blade and 9 layers.
In my opinion it has tons more control then what stiga made it out to have.
If I'm not mistaken it's around 128 in speed and control 56
And the numbers are of course from stiga themselves.
I'm curious on 09c but not used to play harder rubbers mostly played softer rubbers. Don't want to loose a ton in control beacuse I'm not training as regular as before. Mostly play for fun and trying to keep the old body alive and in some sort of shape 😂

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
Does rbp with short pips Work? I thought it would be tough because it is harder to open the blade with rpb.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
Does rbp with short pips Work? I thought it would be tough because it is harder to open the blade with rpb.

I dont grip the blade in a regular cpen fashion so my BH is my top weapon for sure. Just ordered a classic designed blade cpen so gonna start to play more towards the classical style cpen.
That's how i hold my blade now and soon gonna change my gripstyle. But short pips is an awsome push and fast flick weapon for me. But also decided to go for 2 rubbers and learn the more correct way to play rpb beacuse i really like using my BH.