Ovtcharov ALC vs Viscaria ALC blade?

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
I am irritated that official butterfly account posts such bullshit in a video.
D09c is more powerful than d05 and has a low trajectory?!?!?
Didn’t laugh so hard in a long time 😂

It has more spin, is better in counterspin and short game, yes. But d05 definitely has more speed and less arc (even butterfly themselves say this via the ratings…)

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Read 1 reviews
I don't really notice a small sweetspot with the ovtcharov. It has a crisp feeling(i dont really know how crisp as i have not tested other blades). Its around the same speed with better feeling. I can provide better details if you want any.
Agree 100%!!! I'm surprised Butterfly allowed this "review" to air.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I am irritated that official butterfly account posts such bullshit in a video.
D09c is more powerful than d05 and has a low trajectory?!?!?
Didn’t laugh so hard in a long time 😂

It has more spin, is better in counterspin and short game, yes. But d05 definitely has more speed and less arc (even butterfly themselves say this via the ratings…)
I can swing harder with D09c than I do with D05. Some of these things don't have strict definitions, but everything you have written is compatible with D09c being more powerful and being able to create lower trajectories on some shots. That's why reviews can be hard to understand unless you see the player who is writing the review use the equipment.

Reactions: FrenchFrog33
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
I don't really notice a small sweetspot with the ovtcharov. It has a crisp feeling(i dont really know how crisp as i have not tested other blades). Its around the same speed with better feeling. I can provide better details if you want any.
Better feeling *usually* means a bit more vibrations, which usually means slightly less stiff, which usually implies a slightly smaller sweet spot. It just means that the ball doesn't rebound equally well off all parts of the blade, which isn't a big deal. I have always hit my forehand outside my sweet spot so such subtleties I often miss. It's why I stopped using all wood blades after a while, they make my forehand really suck.

NDH

says Spin to win!
Can you explain in detail the differences between the 2 blades? Brian Pace did a review of the Ovtcharov blade and said it has a small sweet spot. I don't know about that?

WOW.... I don't know who that guy is, but that has to be the worst description of the set up I've ever heard.

He might have his reasons for saying what he says, but without really explaining and expanding on it, my initial thought is that he's got it *all* wrong.

I've used this set up since it first came out (if you search, you'll find my initial review on it).

Firstly, to put it into words that *most* people should understand....

D09C - If you are used to Tenergy or *any* other Dignics rubber (or any typical Tensor type rubber), you will instantly feel that D09C is much slower on passive shots.

When doing your typical FH to FH warm up, you have to put more effort in, and when away from the table, no longer can you just rely on the rubber to trampoline the ball back..... You have to give it some arm strength.

*In General*, the arc of 09C will be higher than most other Butterfly rubbers.

Combined with the spin, and slower/less trampoline effect, you achieve more consistent loops, and it allows you to play hard and fast without worrying about hitting it long.

Edit to add - D09C is a fast attacking rubber. I can hit attacking shots with it just as fast as I can with Tenergy or other Dignics rubbers.....

D05 on the other hand has a very low trajectory.

It's very fast, and the low throw angle combined with *very* high spin can really throw people off.

It doesn't look like there is much spin coming through, but it's loaded.

If you have a powerful, consistent backhand, I would probably switch to 09C.

I'm very tempted to do it myself, but fear I'd miss that extra help from the rubber at times (especially those punch blocks).

Can you explain in detail the differences between the 2 blades?

As for this...... They are as close to feeling and playing the same as any 2 blades can get.

The OALC might be inner carbon, but it's not like the Harimoto or Innerforce, it's crisp, like the TBALC and Viscaria.

Unless you were changing for aesthetic reasons, you wouldn't go from one to the other and expect different results.

If you want a faster blade than the OALC, go for Primorac or one of the fast ZLC blades.

If you want slower than OALC go for an all wood or Harimoto.