Please give me link or tell about butterfly Schlage carbon light review.

This user has no status.
Please compare between timo boll spirit and Schlager carbon light blade. I’m now playing with butterfly timo boll blade and want to upgrade my blade.now can’t afford the timo zlc and so the more speed shalager carbon light blade offer low price . I m penhold reverse player and looper not hard hitter .so is schlager carbon light blade suitable for my playing style?

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
There may be faster blades than TB Spirit. But I don't think there is an upgrade from it. That is what more pros use than anything else. TB Spirit, TB ALC and Viscaria are all almost identical. More pros use that than anything else. I would just stick with it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
I don't own a Schlager light, but have had a few hits with it. The 2 are nothing alike.

Schlager light is much stiffer and at the same time, much softer than the Boll ALC. It's also more on the "kick" side than "hold", so first impression is that its much harder to control. If you are playing inverted with modern "tensor" rubbers, it won't be a good match (too bouncy, non-linear).

If you want a tad more speed but not too different in feel, you have 3 choices:

1. Tibhar VS unlimited: not too different, but a tiny bit more speed on high impact. Doesn't plateau as noticeably as the Boll. But speed difference is not big (<10%).
2. Xiom Stradivarius: Slightly less dense than Boll, but bouncier on low impact. Again, difference is not big.
3. Get a another heavier Boll.

I didn't like the feel of Schlager light at all, even the original Schlager Carbon feels more predictable.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
Thanks for replying upside down Carl . Timo boll spirit is very good blade.but I want more and more. Recently I stick dignis 05 from xiom omega 4 Asia . I can’t control the service receive with dignis 05 like omega 4asia. I think this is the spin insensitive of omega 4 Asia. I want more spin and speed than omega 4asia but like the spin insensitive of 4 Asia .what rubber should I change. ? I like the spin and speed of dignis 05 !

This user has no status.
I don't own a Schlager light, but have had a few hits with it. The 2 are nothing alike.

Schlager light is much stiffer and at the same time, much softer than the Boll ALC. It's also more on the "kick" side than "hold", so first impression is that its much harder to control. If you are playing inverted with modern "tensor" rubbers, it won't be a good match (too bouncy, non-linear).

If you want a tad more speed but not too different in feel, you have 3 choices:

1. Tibhar VS unlimited: not too different, but a tiny bit more speed on high impact. Doesn't plateau as noticeably as the Boll. But speed difference is not big (<10%).
2. Xiom Stradivarius: Slightly less dense than Boll, but bouncier on low impact. Again, difference is not big.
3. Get a another heavier Boll.

I didn't like the feel of Schlager light at all, even the original Schlager Carbon feels more predictable.
Thanks bro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2018
Thanks for replying upside down Carl . Timo boll spirit is very good blade.but I want more and more. Recently I stick dignis 05 from xiom omega 4 Asia . I can’t control the service receive with dignis 05 like omega 4asia. I think this is the spin insensitive of omega 4 Asia. I want more spin and speed than omega 4asia but like the spin insensitive of 4 Asia .what rubber should I change. ? I like the spin and speed of dignis 05 !

No offense, but this is contradictory. You want more spin and speed? Get used to it. There is no such thing as more spin while less sensitive to it.

Reactions: zaw thwe
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews

No offense, but this is contradictory. You want more spin and speed? Get used to it. There is no such thing as more spin while less sensitive to it.

Yeah. This is pretty accurate. What you need is to be better at handling incoming spin. As you use the more spin sensitive D05, you will learn to compensate better to the incoming spin. This also means you need to work on reading the incoming spin better.

And if you are at that place where you are having trouble handling incoming spin because of the equipment, the way to respond to that would not be to get a faster blade. That is for sure. Stick to what you have and work on reading spin better and countering spin better. There is always lots of room for improvement. Focus on technique, forget about equipment.

This user has no status.
Yeah. This is pretty accurate. What you need is to be better at handling incoming spin. As you use the more spin sensitive D05, you will learn to compensate better to the incoming spin. This also means you need to work on reading the incoming spin better.

And if you are at that place where you are having trouble handling incoming spin because of the equipment, the way to respond to that would not be to get a faster blade. That is for sure. Stick to what you have and work on reading spin better and countering spin better. There is always lots of room for improvement. Focus on technique, forget about equipment.
Thanks Carl fo this precious advice . Learn more and work more.

says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Thanks Carl fo this precious advice . Learn more and work more.

BTW: my memory is, you are a pretty high level penholder. Is that right?

If it is, some of what you are talking about could be playing vs players who have more spin/higher level. And as you step up to higher levels of spin, it just takes a while to get used to handling it. As you get used to handling those higher levels of spin, you will start to be producing higher levels of spin as well.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Reactions: zaw thwe