Protection sheet for Dignics 09c

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hey guys,

I‘ve been using the Dignics 09c for quite some time now and I‘m really enjoying it. However I came across on the protection sheets sold from Butterfly to expand the longevity of the rubbers.

Does anyone use those protection sheets on sticky rubbers such as the Dignics 09c and what were your experiences?

Quite not sure if I should buy the sticky or non sticky version because I don’t want to damage the rubber.

Thanks!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Just use the one that it comes with. It's a sticky protection sheet in the beginning and thus it gets dirty. But you can clean the protection sheet too. Really no need to buy any extra ones.
Unfortunately I threw it away when I got the rubbers :/

Next time I’ll keep these sheets but for now I sadly don’t have them. So you would recommend to buy sticky ones just like the sheets that come with the rubber?

Just was a bit confused because on Butterfly’s website it’s says the sticky ones should not be used for D09c…

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
I would just use a non sticky one myself (easier to clean). You don't even need to buy from Butterfly for that matter, any would work fine.

Recently I started to use the sponge/glue cover of H3 Neo as a protection sheet. It is awesome. The Big Dipper sponge/glue cover is also great for this purpose. So you can buy any non sticky cover and enjoy it.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
I would just use a non sticky one myself (easier to clean). You don't even need to buy from Butterfly for that matter, any would work fine.

Recently I started to use the sponge/glue cover of H3 Neo as a protection sheet. It is awesome. The Big Dipper sponge/glue cover is also great for this purpose. So you can buy any non sticky cover and enjoy it.
Thank you!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Hi,
Although the protection sheets I use for my rubbers are not of the Butterfly brand, I do have experience with both sticky and non sticky rubber protectors with the D09C. Firstly, the sticky protection sheets are in my opinion the most useful for sticky rubbers (and I'm currently using them now) as they stick firmly to the rubbers and further enhance the grip and tackiness of the rubber, and they stick firmly so they keep the rubber away from dust more effectively. As for the non-sticky rubber protection sheets, I have tried both the Yinhe ones and the Nittaku (cover) and their main purpose in the keep away dust and moisture, and do not have the enhanced grip and stickiness like the sticky ones. Therefore, I do recommend sticky rubber protection sheets for the 09C, but the only con is that the stickiness wears out, so they need to be replaced every 1 and a half months. Oh yeah, and before I forget, make sure to cleanse you rubber with rubber cleaner+cleaning sponge (preferably BTY, I use slim clean+spin refresh, works great) to get rid of the layer of slight abrasion+ moisture or dust on the topsheet after a few hours of play, before sticking on the protection sheets.

Hope I helped!

Reactions: JJ Ng and PaladinTT
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2023
Hi,
Although the protection sheets I use for my rubbers are not of the Butterfly brand, I do have experience with both sticky and non sticky rubber protectors with the D09C. Firstly, the sticky protection sheets are in my opinion the most useful for sticky rubbers (and I'm currently using them now) as they stick firmly to the rubbers and further enhance the grip and tackiness of the rubber, and they stick firmly so they keep the rubber away from dust more effectively. As for the non-sticky rubber protection sheets, I have tried both the Yinhe ones and the Nittaku (cover) and their main purpose in the keep away dust and moisture, and do not have the enhanced grip and stickiness like the sticky ones. Therefore, I do recommend sticky rubber protection sheets for the 09C, but the only con is that the stickiness wears out, so they need to be replaced every 1 and a half months. Oh yeah, and before I forget, make sure to cleanse you rubber with rubber cleaner+cleaning sponge (preferably BTY, I use slim clean+spin refresh, works great) to get rid of the layer of slight abrasion+ moisture or dust on the topsheet after a few hours of play, before sticking on the protection sheets.

Hope I helped!
Thats very useful! As you said, cleaning the Rubber before applying the sticky sheet is crucial I think.

One thing which I was wondering too was your choice of cleaning products. I bought the rubber refresh foam from BTY a few weeks ago and cleaned the racket. However after I rubbed off the foam from the rubber refresh and let it dry the D09c had some sort of lubricating film so the Spin decreased massively! After rubbing off that lubricating film with my old Joola cleaning spray the Spin came back (thank god).

My question would be if it could be possible that I’ve done something wrong here (2 dots of foam on each side, rubbing the foam off immediately and let it dry) or if the Spin refresh is more recommended for those sticky rubbers such as D09c.

Hope this was understandable.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020

I've used that too for some time but then I bent it too much accidentaly, and it doesn't return to orig. flat state. So I'm using the regular protection sheet, which is always the same and every company has one. Actually I received couple of those sheets just added a a gift to the rubbers bought from Ali. (From Playa store). Initially I didn't like them, because of the bubbles which easily form. But it's not hard to learn to cover the rubber without bubbles. And the sheets really help to keep the tackiness. E.g. the H8-80 was quite worn after 5 months, but still tacky as new.

I know you know, I'm replying to you, but not for you :)

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
My question would be if it could be possible that I’ve done something wrong here (2 dots of foam on each side, rubbing the foam off immediately and let it dry) or if the Spin refresh is more recommended for those sticky rubbers such as D09c.

I'm using a foam too - car glass foam. Apply a bit, clean, but not let dry. Put/spray water and wipe all out.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2022
A nice tip to clean rubber, if you don't have a sticky protection sheet on hand:

I use a length of tape used to close cardboard box. Apply tape to the rubber then remove. Repeat all over the rubber. The tape will remove all dust. The rubber will be very clean and tack will be restored. Apply homemade protection sheet (could be anything).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2023
Thats very useful! As you said, cleaning the Rubber before applying the sticky sheet is crucial I think.

One thing which I was wondering too was your choice of cleaning products. I bought the rubber refresh foam from BTY a few weeks ago and cleaned the racket. However after I rubbed off the foam from the rubber refresh and let it dry the D09c had some sort of lubricating film so the Spin decreased massively! After rubbing off that lubricating film with my old Joola cleaning spray the Spin came back (thank god).

Hope this was understandable.
my advice is for the cleaner to COMPLETELY dry off before sticking the protecting sheet back on, because the moisture from the cleaner will get rid of the stickiness of the protecting sheet, leading to a wet rubber and spin decrease. Also, I think that 2 squirts of the foam on each side is too much, 1 squirt is enough, as long as the whole rubber surface is wet, and two squirts might take much longer to dry.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
I've been using the D09C over the past few months, here are my thoughts.

1) Sticky protection sheets work the best. I've tried both sticky and non-sticky, and the sticky one is better at keeping the dust out. I've used both the ones that come with the rubber as well as the Yasaka one from megaspin, both work very well.

2) You can clean the protection sheet with regular cold tap water. Run the water over it and wipe gently with your hand until the sticky side feels smooth, then put them on a surface and let dry (I use a drying rack, but you can just put it on a piece of cloth). It'll be good as new after cleaning. I clean once a week or so, as they rapidly accumulate dust when you put them aside when playing.

3) The life limiting factor of protection sheets is not its stickiness, but curling. They all seem to start curling after a while, both sticky and non-sticky. Sticky ones will still stick to the rubber after curling, but non-sticky ones won't, so they're useless after that happens. That's another reason I use the sticky ones.

4) I clean the rubber in between every match, and multiple times each practice session. I use the paddle palace cleaner right now, but after it runs out I'll just use distilled water. Water works just fine, but the spray bottles from Paddle Palace are pretty solid so I'll reuse that. You must wait for it to completely dry before applying the cleaner.

Reactions: JJ Ng and PaladinTT
says Glory to Ukraine 🇺🇦
I buy nittaku protection sheets in bulk, much cheaper than butterfly's and same quality and functionality.
Agree totally! Nittaku adhesive protection is the same quality if not better for much more friendly price. BTY options are good too, but what’s the point to pay x4 times for the same results