Rasanter R42

says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
says Hi In first i want to thank you for your interest...
Feb 2015
Read 6 reviews
5 out of 5 rating for Rasanter R42

Ok the test is done ......testing the Rasanter R42 2mm sponge in red
Weight of uncut rubber is 62 grams ... 175*170 mm
As far as i do not like the feeling of the rubber the rubber just plays great ...
I have used it on my Bh side ....
The rubber has lot of control ,i was just surprised how stupid played balls landed on opponent side of the table . The rubber is perfect for flat hitting as for looping .
Spin is good . If you want to apply spin you have to hit it hard ... this is not brush spin rubber, it is more drive spin rubber ... however this helps it to be practically not responding to incoming spin ...however still not as good as Tg3-60 ...
Speed is there and it is definitely very fast rubber .... I played it with koto outer ply off+ blade, but i think off- stiff blade will helps to achieve more gears in low velocity balls...
in short game it is still bouncy but has still good control.
For serves .... i have to be apply high toss and punch type of serve to the ball activate the sponge it self ... other ways there is practically no spin on serves ... so it is not suited for short spiny serves.... shame (or maybe some other kind of serve which i`m not aware for now have to be used) ....
I have borrow it to much skilled players for test and all of them like it mostly for FH .... but in combination with my off+ stiff blade it was not suited for chopping. So no review here. but it was safe to loop from mid to far distance with great control and speed.
For now it will stay as my Bh rubber ....not for the rubber it self but i was forced in this test to use my TG3-60 on fh and i found a sleeping beauty on this rubber for short game on fh ...this is just monster and now i`m level above with my FH .......but this is other rubber
i definitely can say yes to R42 2mm rubber. Go for it you will not regret.
cache.php

Update....
I liked this rubber so much so i bought the same one, but in Black ..
And the spin is greater .... i not sure if it was because of blade (now i`m using limba outer ply wood) or the color or what ... But now the spin is great also on brush spin loops and short serves ... so now it is just perfect .
I like it.

3 out of 5 rating for Rasanter R42

The R42 is almost similar to the Joola Rhyzm 425 except that it feels softer. Sponge is medium soft and you can feel the ball sink into the sponge everytime you have a hit with it. It produces above average spin and a medium arc when looping the ball. The R42 is fast and bouncy and compared to the Xiom Vega Europe, it is marginally faster and also spinnier. Control is above average even for beginner and intermediate levels but I would recommend this more for an intermediate level player. Good smashing and hitting properties especially with counters and blocks near and far from the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2013
Read 3 reviews
2 out of 5 rating for Rasanter R42

I use Andro Ligna All + blade which is quite soft. I know that this version of Rasanter could be too soft but still I wanted to try. Few things are strange:
First of all it is very fast, Andro made a rubber different way, the sponge is much more thicker then usual and the outer part is thinner. this solution made the rubber really fast. Most of my topspins are too long. the same happens while blocking the ball. Before I used tbhar evo EL-S which was harder and definitely slower.

This user has no status.
4 out of 5 rating for Rasanter R42

I'm using a Joola Aruna Off blade and have this rubber on both sides. The rubber I had before was Hexer Duro and I feel that this is both faster but has better touch?? My touch and control game have dramatically improved. I think that these rubbers are a lot more forgiving of variation and spin. While I feel like I get enough spin, I think I got more out of my Hexer Duro's. I think these rubbers keep the ball on the table more and I can add more variation to my spin because of the forgiving nature. I tried the 47 and I felt that they were even faster and I wanted more spin. I am very pleased with this rubber and will most definitely be using it for a while. Also, a point I should make, I play in a German league that still uses Celluloid balls. This could be a large reason why it's not as effective. These rubbers are designed with the plastic ball in mind.