Last week saw the European Qualification Tournament for Rio Olympics 2016 come to a close in Halmsted, Sweden! The men's and women's qualifiers list from Europe has now come in. Find out which 10 men and 10 women have qualified from Europe below:
timobollrio2016olympics.jpg

Timo Boll books a place to Rio! - Photo by: ITTF Flickr

Germany's Dimitrij Ovtcharov and Netherland's Li Jiao did not take part in the Rio Olympics Qualifications as they won the 2015 European Games giving them a ticket to Rio.

Number 1 seed for the qualification tournament Vladimir Samsonov who has represented Belarus at the Olympics games for 5 consecutive times did not qualify and will need to qualify via the ITTF World Rankings later this year.

Men Qualified List

Timo Boll
Marcos Freitas
Tiago Apolonia
Panagiotis Gionis
Bastian Steger
Alexander Shibaev
Par Gerell
Bojan Tokic
Emmanuel Lebesson
Jonathan Groth
Kou Lei

Women Qualified List

Ying Han
Petrissa Solja
Hu Melek
Yu Fu
Li Jie
Li Qian
Polina Mikhailova
Jia Liu
Li Jie
Li Fen
Matilda Ekholm

Congratulations to the players who qualified from Europe! You can follow all the latest action from the Europe Olympic Qualifications on TTD here. For all the latest videos from this spectacular qualification event check out our media library.

Like and tweet our articles to the World. Lets spread the word of Table Tennis.

TableTennisDaily

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Woman qualified for Europe:
Ying Han
Hu Melek
Yu Fu
Li Jie
Li Qian
Jia Liu
Li Jie
Li Fen

I call that an invasion. It's the chinese master plan. Infiltrate all nations, so all nations are china --> china always wins. Smart thinking. Why is there not a regulation for something like this.

Well, it's all immigration policy. They paid their dues. They can't play WTTTC or WTTC or WC. But they can play the Olympics.

This user has no status.
TT_Rogue your ideas are funny indeed. Everyone knows that if you're not on the China National Team, your future in Table Tennis in China means very little. I'm in the USA and I can tell you many Chinese players some here to make a living coaching because they can't do the same in China.

The funny thing is that their skills are very high compared to others here even though they are considered low in China. In my opinion Chinese players leave China to play for other countries so they can actually make something of themselves instead of staying in China and not able to do much with their skills.

I think it's a good thing because they are actually helping others and teaching us how the Chinese do it and because as good as they are.