Rubber suggestions

This user has no status.
Hi everyone,

Recently I bought a Stuor Long 5 clone (inner ALC) through Aliexpress and I am looking for a suitable rubber pairing to go with it. I am an lower-intermediate attacking player on both BH and FH, with my BH recently being the focal point.

I currently play with a Butterfly Balsa Carbo X7 with a Rasanter C48 2.0 and R48 2.0. I started with the C48 on the FH, but recently started twidling it more, because the R48 can open up better.

I am looking for rubbers that are insensitive for incoming spin and allow attacking loops on both FH and BH. On BH I'd like to go around 45 degrees hardness, maybe softer, FH around 48 degrees (but open to all suggestions).

For my FH I want a rubber with the ability to lift backspin and open up a rally (and ofcourse stay in it then), on the BH I want to be able to loop, flick and block with relative ease. On both wings the touch game should be stable and straightforward.

My current shortlist:

- Tibhar Hybrid MK (Max/2.0) on FH with Hexer Grip (1.9 most likely) on BH
- Fastarc G1 (2.0) on FH with Fastarc C1 (2.0) on BH
- Tenergy 05FX (2.1 FH, 1.9 BH)

Tried the Tenergy's on the balsa blade I currently have from a teammate, they are a bit too nervous at first glance, however they have a certain feel that makes them very memorable. I am a bit worried tho that with the Inner ALC blade they might become too fast and nervous to play with and I am a bit worried about the Tenergy durability.
The other 2 options I thought of through the forum and reviews.

Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions on what to try out on the blade?

Thanks in advance!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Hi everyone,

Recently I bought a Stuor Long 5 clone (inner ALC) through Aliexpress and I am looking for a suitable rubber pairing to go with it. I am an lower-intermediate attacking player on both BH and FH, with my BH recently being the focal point.

I currently play with a Butterfly Balsa Carbo X7 with a Rasanter C48 2.0 and R48 2.0. I started with the C48 on the FH, but recently started twidling it more, because the R48 can open up better.

I am looking for rubbers that are insensitive for incoming spin and allow attacking loops on both FH and BH. On BH I'd like to go around 45 degrees hardness, maybe softer, FH around 48 degrees (but open to all suggestions).

For my FH I want a rubber with the ability to lift backspin and open up a rally (and ofcourse stay in it then), on the BH I want to be able to loop, flick and block with relative ease. On both wings the touch game should be stable and straightforward.

My current shortlist:

- Tibhar Hybrid MK (Max/2.0) on FH with Hexer Grip (1.9 most likely) on BH
- Fastarc G1 (2.0) on FH with Fastarc C1 (2.0) on BH
- Tenergy 05FX (2.1 FH, 1.9 BH)

Tried the Tenergy's on the balsa blade I currently have from a teammate, they are a bit too nervous at first glance, however they have a certain feel that makes them very memorable. I am a bit worried tho that with the Inner ALC blade they might become too fast and nervous to play with and I am a bit worried about the Tenergy durability.
The other 2 options I thought of through the forum and reviews.

Does anyone have thoughts or suggestions on what to try out on the blade?

Thanks in advance!
Your ability to loop an underspin ball is not decided by your rubber, but the technique you use on that rubber. Say for example you use a tensor rubber (eg. MX-P, T05, Fastarc G1), you have to brush the ball up for it to go in, the spin comes from the brushing and the speed comes from the rubber.
If you were using a tacky rubber (eg. DHS hurricane 3, any rubber that is sticky), then you need to brush over the ball with all your force. The spin will come from the rubber since it is so sticky and the speed will come from your stroke.
This is one of the many reasons the chinese train so hard with strength and agility

Reactions: enoxzr
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
Hi everyone,

based on your requirements, it is more a technique issue than equipment issue.

For ALC, I know a lot of players with ALC + G1/C1, so would voucher for that
No one uses FX rubbers any more

Reactions: enoxzr
This user has no status.
Thanks for the comments everyone.
The Chinese rubbers mentioned might be a bit hard to get for me as they are not readily available over here.

Also, while I know that my technique might not be the best, I know that with my old bat (Bryce FX on Timo Boll OFF, frame broke unfortunately) I was able to preform an opening better and easier than I currently can. Also with the R48 I can do it better than the C48, so hence why I twiddle more nowadays.