Sanwei 75 inner vs DHS power g5x

This user has no status.
Looking for cheap inner force blade and stuck between sanwei 75 inner and dhs pg5x. Which is better in speed, control, spin? My playing style is most in short game with additionally powerful backhand topspin from any distance. Forehand topspin use mostly in finishing blows on high balls. If you haven't experience with blades I've noticed above, I will be appreciate for suggestions for another blades (with similar price). Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
What are you playing right now? Why do you want an inner carbon blade? I ask because most backhand dominant players tend to use outer carbon blades.
The Sanwei 75 inner is a nice blade and I'd prefer it over the dhs pg5x, dhs has no good finish and qc on their blades.
It's very stable and crisp on the backhand, low throw.
Yinhe has the Pro 01 which is a Viscaria Clone (outer alc Koto outers) for that price and the Pro 05 (inner alc limba outers).
Yinhe's finish on these is excellent.
I bought the Pro 01 recently and I like it the most out of the offensive blades I bought so far (Yinhe Pro01, Pro05, DHS FanBo 2x, Sanwei CC, Sanwei 75 inner).

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
I have both blades and I would pick the sanwei 75 inner over pg5x for better backhand shots. Spin wise the dhs is better due to the limba outer ply. Dhs has small Handle that doesn't suit me at all whereas the sanwei has a nice big comfortable handle. On overall sanwei is definitely a better buy.

says This status has no user
says This status has no user
Sep 2013
The 75 inner is a quality blade, punching way above its price, but I would not recommend it for BH dominant players, simply because it's kinda head heavy compared to, say, the Viscaria. The BH over the table flick suffers a bit because of that, and it's harder to do quick BH to BH rallies.

You can see in the pics, the balance point of the 75 inner is fairly close to the balance point of the viscaria with heavy rubbers and rubber protectors on.

Attachments

• IMG_20240604_103240_205.jpg
    IMG_20240604_103240_205.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20240604_103236_054.jpg
    IMG_20240604_103236_054.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 42
This user has no status.
What are you playing right now? Why do you want an inner carbon blade? I ask because most backhand dominant players tend to use outer carbon blades.
The Sanwei 75 inner is a nice blade and I'd prefer it over the dhs pg5x, dhs has no good finish and qc on their blades.
It's very stable and crisp on the backhand, low throw.
Yinhe has the Pro 01 which is a Viscaria Clone (outer alc Koto outers) for that price and the Pro 05 (inner alc limba outers).
Yinhe's finish on these is excellent.
I bought the Pro 01 recently and I like it the most out of the offensive blades I bought so far (Yinhe Pro01, Pro05, DHS FanBo 2x, Sanwei CC, Sanwei 75 inner).
My BH-oriented style is probably caused by my poor experience (play tennis 8 months approximately). On FH balls are more flat than spinny.
Currently playing with butterfly schlanger precision (it is 5-ply wood) and sometimes borrow from my friend nittaku long five (also 5-ply wood). I know what pg5x feels like 5-ply wood blade (with good control in short game but decent power on mid-long distance). And considering 75 inner because they have koto surface like BTY and Nittaku blades what I mentioned above.

This user has no status.
I have both blades and I would pick the sanwei 75 inner over pg5x for better backhand shots. Spin wise the dhs is better due to the limba outer ply. Dhs has small Handle that doesn't suit me at all whereas the sanwei has a nice big comfortable handle. On overall sanwei is definitely a better buy.
Thanks. How much 75 inner less spinny than pg5x?

This user has no status.
The 75 inner is a quality blade, punching way above its price, but I would not recommend it for BH dominant players, simply because it's kinda head heavy compared to, say, the Viscaria. The BH over the table flick suffers a bit because of that, and it's harder to do quick BH to BH rallies.

You can see in the pics, the balance point of the 75 inner is fairly close to the balance point of the viscaria with heavy rubbers and rubber protectors on.
Appreciate for reply. How does 75 feel compared to viscaria? Suggest what Viscaria faster. It have less or more flex? control?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Appreciate for reply. How does 75 feel compared to viscaria? Suggest what Viscaria faster. It have less or more flex? control?
If you've only been playing for 8 months, I don't think you really should be thinking about how Viscaria stacks up against another carbon blade. You should be trying to learn the techniques with the blade you already have, and it's likely you haven't even approached 50% of the qualitiy it's capable of.

This user has no status.
If you've only been playing for 8 months, I don't think you really should be thinking about how Viscaria stacks up against another carbon blade. You should be trying to learn the techniques with the blade you already have, and it's likely you haven't even approached 50% of the qualitiy it's capable of.
I understand you. My current blade have around 10 years old😅have many splinters and some cracks and I looking for new with speed margin for skills development. Also have pre-made stiga carbon and its to slow for me now.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
I understand you. My current blade have around 10 years old😅have many splinters and some cracks and I looking for new with speed margin for skills development. Also have pre-made stiga carbon and its to slow for me now.

There's several hundred blades more suitable for a developing player and cheaper than a Viscaria to replace your old 10 year blade with.

After finding my that I enjoyed using a $20 Fextra more than a couple of $100+ Nittaku blades, I determined that price has almost zero to do with how a blade plays and decided to buy value versions of blade 'archetypes.' This means 5-ply ALL+, 7-ply Clipper like, Inner Carbon ALC, etc. The names and branding is just marketing. They are all variations of 5 or 7 plies of wood glued together. The next step for you likely isn't outer carbon ALC, it's probably a proper OFF- 5-ply or 7-ply.

Reactions: Tyce
This user has no status.
There's several hundred blades more suitable for a developing player and cheaper than a Viscaria to replace your old 10 year blade with.

After finding my that I enjoyed using a $20 Fextra more than a couple of $100+ Nittaku blades, I determined that price has almost zero to do with how a blade plays and decided to buy value versions of blade 'archetypes.' This means 5-ply ALL+, 7-ply Clipper like, Inner Carbon ALC, etc. The names and branding is just marketing. They are all variations of 5 or 7 plies of wood glued together. The next step for you likely isn't outer carbon ALC, it's probably a proper OFF- 5-ply or 7-ply.
Oh, I am not going to buy viscaria, it's just curiosity😅 (and probably not going to buy outer carbon blades). Asked for comparison because viscaria is very popular and was like "benchmark" for me.
I was going to buy pg5x as it is good suits for beginner/intermediate players but saw on Aliexpress sanwei with almost identical composition except for outer koto layer.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
If you're a beginner/intermediate level Player get the Sanwei Fextra 7. It's fast for allwood, plenty dwell feel and flex. If you get them with ca. 90gr and you'll have a very solid do it all offensive blade. It's only a bit slower than inner carbon but better feel. And it's super cheap.
It goes well with many rubbers.
Pair it with 2x loki rxton 1 and you'll have a blade that's 10000 times better than a pre-made for roughly 30$ aliexpress has sale right now, maybe it's even cheaper.
This blade could be the only one you ever need, when you pair it with faster rubbers later on.

This user has no status.
If you're a beginner/intermediate level Player get the Sanwei Fextra 7. It's fast for allwood, plenty dwell feel and flex. If you get them with ca. 90gr and you'll have a very solid do it all offensive blade. It's only a bit slower than inner carbon but better feel. And it's super cheap.
Pair it with 2x loki rxton 1 and you'll have a blade that's 10000 times better than a pre-made for roughly 30$ aliexpress has sale right now, maybe it's even cheaper.
This blade could be the only one you ever need, when you pair it with faster rubbers later on.
First of all thank you for advice. I thought to buy dhs or sanwei innerforce because searching for blade similar to my butterfly blade with speed margin to prevent buying something after half year/year. And now confused what to do.

says Succumbed to fiber
says Succumbed to fiber
Jan 2024
Please, please skip Loki Rxton 1. Its quality is worse than most premades. Rxton 3 is a gigantic improvement, if you insist on a Rxton take that instead.
Or Palio Ak47, or a few of the other options mentioned already.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
First of all thank you for advice. I thought to buy dhs or sanwei innerforce because searching for blade similar to my butterfly blade with speed margin to prevent buying something after half year/year. And now confused what to do.
You are confused since you think that you have to slowly upgrade speed on some sort of time table.

Your goal right now is to learn the techniques and how to spin the ball. A ball that shoots off the blade too quickly will make that harder. A blade that has carbon may mute the feedback and make that harder.

Speed is way down the list of things to worry about. Get a 5 ply or 7 ply Off- blade and learn to spin the ball. When you learn to do that, you can begin to consider another blade. Will that happen in 6 months? Who knows? It'll take a lot longer with the wrong equipment though.

Reactions: Ultravisitor
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
Please, please skip Loki Rxton 1. Its quality is worse than most premades. Rxton 3 is a gigantic improvement, if you insist on a Rxton take that instead.
Or Palio Ak47, or a few of the other options mentioned already.
Ok we must have had very different experiences with loki, because the sheets I played, rxton 1 and 3 didn't seem different in quality. Rxton 1 has the softer sponge and is easier to play than 3 on the backhand.
Ak47 is also an good option, but I'd say rxton 1 has better durability.
Ak47 is also pretty bouncy and faster.
In the end it won't matter a ton. More important is the a good blade you can get used to and develop your skills with.

says Succumbed to fiber
says Succumbed to fiber
Jan 2024
Ok we must have had very different experiences with loki, because the sheets I played, rxton 1 and 3 didn't seem different in quality. Rxton 1 has the softer sponge and is easier to play than 3 on the backhand.
Ak47 is also an good option, but I'd say rxton 1 has better durability.
Ak47 is also pretty bouncy and faster.
In the end it won't matter a ton. More important is the a good blade you can get used to and develop your skills with.
I may have had a dud, but that would have been four duds, two red two black. The top sheet was a mess, it was so unelastic I could dent it with my finger and it would stay that way for 5 seconds.
Good to hear there's also working sheets of it 😅

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Feb 2024
I may have had a dud, but that would have been four duds, two red two black. The top sheet was a mess, it was so unelastic I could dent it with my finger and it would stay that way for 5 seconds.
Good to hear there's also working sheets of it 😅
Oh wow, that's bad to hear. I have a black sheet here next to me, that has been on a racket I use to play outside and I'm surprised how well it held up. I haven't bought them in over a year, so maybe recently they suck.
But thinking is: any of the popular 5$ rubbers will work for a beginner and after 6 months it doesn't hurt to upgrade them. Maybe then they have recommendations from a coach.
In my club many beginners play their rubbers too long because they don't want to spend so much money.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Thanks. How much 75 inner less spinny than pg5x?
Well it's a Limba (DHS) vs Koto (Sanwei) comparison where Limba is softer with more dwell and spin characteristics. Koto for crisper feeling and direct feedback. In a perfect composition, i would prefer Limba for Forehand and Koto for backhand. Unfortunately, there aren't many of such blades around.. and the none of the main blade makers offer this.