Sanwei target national new version

This user has no status.
The old one had such a straight trajectory? o_O
The new feels fine to me if I want I can curve the ball very well, but if I want a straight shot it can do it too. No issues for me to pick up low balls. Summer break sounds like a good time to try. Give it a spin if you have the chance, I rec.
No joke. The lowest throwangle i ever experienced. I mean you could do a okish arc but the throw was disgustingly low.

STN always was one of the easier to acquire rubbers and with a good price.
I will add it to the list. still need to test mantra pro m and xuperman first though^^
Aaaaand decide on a blade.

Reactions: Zwill
says nothing
says nothing
Apr 2021
Read 1 reviews
I would even argue that STN is more dynamic than H3N BS. Maybe if you boost up the H3 BS then it's more dynamic, certainly I have overboosted Chinese rubbers so much they were faster than D64 lol but they weren't good to play with.

The topsheet seems nice and I believe the sponge is rather good. Could be fragile as you say but I can feel the ball quite well in it and has some bounce. If I hit hard the ball goes. The topsheet is not that reactive either so coming off of Mantra Pro XH it wasn't very hard to get used to it. The Mantra topsheet is chill and this one seems chill too but imparts more spin. Certainly better for serves than the Mantra Pro.

It's not heavy either, on a Cybershape it's about 52g, I guess on a normal blade around 49-50g which is also comparable to H3 BS.

I don't get why people say it has a low trajectory, I didn't notice. Sure if I hit hard the ball flies kind of straight but so does with H3 BS. This is a feature not a bug.

Not sure I like it more than Mantra Pro but I like it a lot. I need to use it more, possibly it breaks in a little too.
What I kind of struggled was when I got a ball it on me I can't just hold the racket for blocking it will fall into the net. With Mantra it pings back pretty well but this for sure can be adjusted to.
I suppose Mantra Pro is more comfy and chill to play with while giving so great performance while this might have a bit more spin in it it needs more work.

I know some guys who would like this rubber a lot @latej @Attitude @longle just to name a few whom I seen playing and have some idea what they look for in a rubber.
The Sanwei Target National maybe good on your blade, but does not behave well on @Attitude 's blade

So I have this opinion:

- rubbers are girls
- blades are boys

every girl has her personality which goes along well with a certain kind of boy

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
The Sanwei Target National maybe good on your blade, but does not behave well on @Attitude 's blade

So I have this opinion:

- rubbers are girls
- blades are boys

every girl has her personality which goes along well with a certain kind of boy
@Attitude was talking about the old (1st gen) STN and I have the new (2nd gen) STN. The 2nd gen is just like a delish-boosted H3 BS according to me, while the old one is weird.

The new one I think is better than LAC so that's why I'm saying that it should be right up your alley. 😏

• Wow
Reactions: kindof99 and longle
@Attitude was talking about the old (1st gen) STN and I have the new (2nd gen) STN. The 2nd gen is just like a delish-boosted H3 BS according to me, while the old one is weird.

The new one I think is better than LAC so that's why I'm saying that it should be right up your alley. 😏
I would not say that 2nd gen STN is a delish-boosted H3 BS. I have three STN's v.s. four H3 BS 39 degree on seven blades right now. Admittedly I boosted both H3 BS and STN, and I feel H3 BS is slightly faster and slightly bouncier than STN.

However you may feel differently. Everyone plays and uses the rubber in different ways.

I think STN is a great rubber especially for someone who wants to try Chinese rubber and does not want to boost. And for someone who really wants a tacky Chinese rubber with good bounce. STN is the way to go.

Furthermore, it is true that H3 is not guaranteed to be tacky anymore STN, I have played with it on and off for 3 years now, is consistently tacky and the blue sponge is fast enough.

I have tried a couple hybrid rubber here and there (Dignics 09c, Glayzer 09c, K2, K3, Rakza Z, etc.) and STN is much much better than those hybrid rubbers in my hand.

Side topic. I got a few sheets when STN was on sales for $25-26 on Megaspin. Now the price is back to $30 a sheet. If the price drops back to $25-$26 a sheet, I will not hesitate to pull the trigger and buy a few more sheets.

This user has no status.
@longle i might try it on my inner and/or on my Yinhe Pro 01.
All things considered i might have to make the switch again anyway. This summer will tell us more.

If JJNg is right STN might be the tool for the outer alc on fh that give me the feeling and arc i usually have with my inner ac.
We will see.

EDIT: As ive just checked, the rubbers old vs new have different numbers too. While the number for the old version is 62-001 the newer has the 62-021.
I cant seem to find the newer version on aliexpress. That is weird because harty and some other stores have it in stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: longle
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
@longle i might try it on my inner and/or on my Yinhe Pro 01.
All things considered i might have to make the switch again anyway. This summer will tell us more.

If JJNg is right STN might be the tool for the outer alc on fh that give me the feeling and arc i usually have with my inner ac.
We will see.

EDIT: As ive just checked, the rubbers old vs new have different numbers too. While the number for the old version is 62-001 the newer has the 62-021.
I cant seem to find the newer version on aliexpress. That is weird because harty and some other stores have it in stock.
I have put much more research into this matter than I am willing to admit here 🙈 :ROFLMAO:

Yes, the new version has a different number.

The STN is produced mainly for the international market and not China. Additionally, Sanwei does not have a single official retailer on AliExpress. Their representative @Andrea Jiang has stated this on TTD on different occasions. Some AliExpress shops will "send out the old or new version of STN randomly" (According to the product description) but I was not able to find a single one that explicitly sells the new version. I would not recommend buying the STN on AliExpress.

Your best bet are official Sanwei retailers, which I found three on the internet:
  • https://www.megaspin.net/
    • US retailer
    • They will not ship Sanwei Products to Europe because of a "region conflict". You would have to go through some kind of mail proxy or whatever. Not worth it for me personally.
  • https://chtt.se/en
    • The shop of @mocker88
    • I ordered my STN there and it was an overall recommendable experience: Great customer service, fast shipping
  • https://www.spinfactory.de/
    • Official German retailer of Sanwei

Or, shameless plug: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...sanwei-target-national-xiom-vega-korea.33523/

This user has no status.
I have put much more research into this matter than I am willing to admit here 🙈 :ROFLMAO:

The STN is produced mainly for the international market and not China. Additionally, Sanwei does not have a single official retailer on AliExpress. Their representative @Andrea Jiang has stated this on TTD on different occasions. Some AliExpress shops will "send out the old or new version of STN randomly" (According to the product description) but I was not able to find a single one that explicitly sells the new version. I would not recommend buying the STN on AliExpress.

Your best bet are official Sanwei retailers, which I found three on the internet:
    • US retailer
    • They will not ship Sanwei Products to Europe because of a "region conflict". You would have to go through some kind of mail proxy or whatever. Not worth it for me personally.
    • The shop of @mocker88
    • I ordered my STN there and it was an overall recommendable experience: Great customer service, fast shipping

Or, shameless plug: https://www.tabletennisdaily.com/fo...sanwei-target-national-xiom-vega-korea.33523/
I wanna add @harty from https://www.dhs-729.eu/
To this list and totally agree with you.

I was just surprised to see everything kinda randomized about this rubber on AliExpress. Some even have this t3 rubber with the number from STN or probably the same rubber with orange sponge (provincial version if i got this right from this thread).

Reactions: latej and Bruschk0v
This user has no status.

• US retailer
    • The shop of @mocker88

I believe you can also place an order directly from Sanwei's website https://sanweisport.com/en/, as per their representative @Andrea Jiang . They have international shipping, however, the price might be a bit higher so you can maybe ask for discount codes...

In my country, Sanwei have an official distributor from whom I directly got the new STN, for about 30 USD a sheet.
They have stopped stocking 39 degree black sheets of the Gear Hyper (my favorite FH rubber), so I decided to try this one out.

The blue sponge is of high quality. But I still have reservations about the topsheet and overall QC.

Of the 3 sheets I ordered, the first one bubbled after a 2 hour session; the second sheet is the non-square weird shape that @Zwill also got; the third is a regular square shape.

As for the playing characteristics, so far it's quite nice - the throw angle is lower than Gear Hyper, H3 Neo or Skyline TG3, and more similar to Battle 2. But it's noticeably faster, so countering and flat hits are easier than traditional Chinese rubbers.
If the QC is improved, I believe durability will be reliable too, and this one can be a mainstay on my FH.

This user has no status.
IMG-20240319-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20240319-WA0002.jpg

Bubble after just 1 session. The topsheet also looks really bad after just a few hits like all tacky topsheets, but this does not affect play. Sanwei's distributor told me that this bubble issue should be fixed in new batches as they have improved gluing technique. Only time will tell I guess...

20240323_181413_2.jpg

Non square sheet.

20240324_180943_2.jpg

Square sheet.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
Recently I got a new STN from @mocker88 along with a Gear Hyper Blue and I have to say the STN is really good.
Without any boosting or treatment just sticking it on my Cybershape it feels like a deliciously boosted H3 blue.
The new STN is very pleasing rubber, I think Sanwei nailed it. I would recommend it over the Loki Artur China if the durability will hold up or I would probably even recommend it over H3 blue boosted.

Truly great rubber and well done Sanwei! Also @mocker88 has great service.

I will nitpick too. @Andrea Jiang the new Sanwai National Target uncut out of the pack has a non-square shape. The top part is thinner than the bottom part.
View attachment 29184

My problem is that if I try to glue this on a Cybershape it's very very tight. I do not know what is your reason to use this non-square shape but one needs to be super precise to glue this shape onto a Cybershape. It is possible but they need to be very experienced to do it. Maybe just ship this rubber as a square? Please!

Also @mocker88 @Andrea Jiang the new Sanwei shoes will be in stock in chtt.se store? I think they look awesome and make Lining boa laced shoes run for their money.
I will get a pair of these shoes for evaluation, before we order more of them. Hopefully quite soon.

Reactions: Zwill
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews
If im not mistaken they changed the rubber and i had the old version, that had this low trajectory.

And i have to disagree to a certain extent. If i hard loop with H3 or any other of my current rubbers the ball doesnt go in a straight line but curves. I can do decent loops from quite under the table and/or even close to the table.
This was nearly impossible with the older stn or at least a pain in the ass.

But good point either way. Maybe i will add it to the list of stuff i wanna ej around with in the coming summer break.
Yep. The new one is more elastic, lighter weight and has a new top sheet, so it's a totally different rubber :)

Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
View attachment 29210View attachment 29211

Bubble after just 1 session. The topsheet also looks really bad after just a few hits like all tacky topsheets, but this does not affect play. Sanwei's distributor told me that this bubble issue should be fixed in new batches as they have improved gluing technique. Only time will tell I guess...

View attachment 29212
Non square sheet.

View attachment 29213
Square sheet.
I'm confused not gonna lie. That topsheet that has the bubble looks like it's a year old not 1 session old. Or it bubbled up after one session but you used it for long?

There's new STN in square shape and in weird shape too? I wonder if it's noted anywhere on a label or barcode etc?

@mocker88 on request you can send either shape?

Reactions: latej
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2020
I'm confused not gonna lie. That topsheet that has the bubble looks like it's a year old not 1 session old. Or it bubbled up after one session but you used it for long?

My thoughts exactly... If I put "smiley" on that post innapropriately, because I thought it is a lie, I apologize...

• Haha
Reactions: Attitude
This user has no status.

There's new STN in square shape and in weird shape too? I wonder if it's noted anywhere on a label or barcode etc?

No it's taken literally after 1 session, the marks on the topsheet were present brand new as well. The way they had applied the plastic protection wrap in the factory was comically bad. It's like when you press on a crease on a shirt and it becomes worse...
Ignore the dirt however, as I did not clean the rubber before taking the photo.

With the new batches they are providing an actual sticky protection sheet which is much better quality.

This user has no status.
No difference in the packaging as far as I can tell. I still have the original packaging, if you want to see photos of the barcode or something, but I can't tell any difference there...

This user has no status.
My thoughts exactly... If I put "smiley" on that post innapropriately, because I thought it is a lie, I apologize...
I understand why you would think that way, as I would be skeptical too if anyone claimed that's a new rubber after 1 session. Granted, the club where I was playing that day was very dusty and we were using new balls but still...

However, I have no reason to lie about a product I bought with my own money. In fact, I do like this rubber and hope this particular sheet turns out to be a one-off...

I have also spoken about this to the official distributor, and he has informed me that if sheets from the new batches turn out defective/bubble up, Sanwei will be sending a replacement for free.

Reactions: Bruschk0v
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2019
Read 3 reviews

No I only get them in the "weird" shape :) Some of the Sanwei Taiji rubbers come in the same shape as well.

Reactions: JJ Ng and Zwill
When I order my STN sheets from Megaspin, they all in come in the weird shape (never a square).

I have one sheet of STN bubbling up near the bottom, where the printing is so it does not affect playing.

STN looks pretty beat up after a few sessions. However, it still plays very well and is still very tacky. I personally don't care about how my rubber looks; I care about how it plays. STN seems to last pretty long in terms of its tackiness.

This user has no status.
Recently I got a new STN from @mocker88 along with a Gear Hyper Blue and I have to say the STN is really good.
Without any boosting or treatment just sticking it on my Cybershape it feels like a deliciously boosted H3 blue.
The new STN is very pleasing rubber, I think Sanwei nailed it. I would recommend it over the Loki Artur China if the durability will hold up or I would probably even recommend it over H3 blue boosted.

Truly great rubber and well done Sanwei! Also @mocker88 has great service.

I will nitpick too. @Andrea Jiang the new Sanwai National Target uncut out of the pack has a non-square shape. The top part is thinner than the bottom part.
View attachment 29184

My problem is that if I try to glue this on a Cybershape it's very very tight. I do not know what is your reason to use this non-square shape but one needs to be super precise to glue this shape onto a Cybershape. It is possible but they need to be very experienced to do it. Maybe just ship this rubber as a square? Please!

Also @mocker88 @Andrea Jiang the new Sanwei shoes will be in stock in chtt.se store? I think they look awesome and make Lining boa laced shoes run for their money.
Hello, thank you for your loving!

It's our pleasure to get your high compliment, and that also encourages us to do better, your information will be fed back to our marketing department.

About our shoes, I've been so busy with them recently. To take photos, blogs, videos...
And I heart the shoes were transporting to all over the worlds to our distributors from our marketing department.

When most of the shoes have arrived at the local distributor, I will publish the system's shoe data on ttd.
创意图1 red 带丝印.jpg
创意图1 bule 带丝印.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MonkeyDLuffy
So I finally got this figured out.

Ok, I ordered Sanwei Target National from Megaspin and it is the silver packaging. The rubber comes in an odd shape. The sponge is blue. That version has the ITTF approval number of 62-021.

Then I ordered Sanwei Target National from Aliexpress. It is the blue yellow packaging. The sponge is blue. That version (old) has the ITTF approval number o 62-001.

Honestly I cannot tell a difference between those two, both with blue sponges.

Finally I ordered Sanei Target National from Aliexpress, with the new silver packaging. The rubber comes in a typical square shape. The sponge is ORANGE. That version has the new ITTF number of 62-021. But the sponge is orange! I have not put it on a blade yet but I have a feeling I won't like this one......

I have the silver packing from Aliexpress and the silver packing from Megaspin, side by side. They look similar in the front (but not exactly the same) and the back description is completely different. Obviously the one from Aliexpress has orange sponge and the one from Megaspin has blue sponge. They both have the same approval number of 62-021.

So all the arguments about new v.s. old, mystery solved....