Seeking Advice on Blade and Rubber Combination

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2024
Hello everyone,

I'm currently using a Viscaria with Tenergy 05 FX 2.1mm on the forehand and Rozena 2.1mm on the backhand. I feel quite comfortable with this setup, enjoying the vibration of the blade and loving the sound of the Tenergy (though I don't feel the same about the Rozena). My forehand topspin works well, but I'm still struggling a bit with my backhand (probably because I'm still learning that movement).

Yesterday, someone suggested that I train with a Korbel for one or two years to improve my skills before switching back to the Viscaria.

What do you think about this idea?

Also, which rubbers would you recommend using with the Korbel?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

says Pimples Schmimples
says Pimples Schmimples
Sep 2022
Hello everyone,

I'm currently using a Viscaria with Tenergy 05 FX 2.1mm on the forehand and Rozena 2.1mm on the backhand. I feel quite comfortable with this setup, enjoying the vibration of the blade and loving the sound of the Tenergy (though I don't feel the same about the Rozena). My forehand topspin works well, but I'm still struggling a bit with my backhand (probably because I'm still learning that movement).

Yesterday, someone suggested that I train with a Korbel for one or two years to improve my skills before switching back to the Viscaria.

What do you think about this idea?

Also, which rubbers would you recommend using with the Korbel?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Its great advice. Viscaria is too fast for someone still trying to learn certain strokes. If you like your rubbers just keep them. A slower blade with more feel will make an enormous difference to your shots. You'll have so much control and confidence and it really is the starting point to really see what's going wrong in your technique at the moment.

says Tenergy! I'm coming back to you baby!
Thanks @Sims33 @Gozo Aruna. I'm going to try a Hadraw 5 since it apparently has the same speed as the Korbel and has the same dimensions as my Viscaria, so I wouldn't have to replace the rubbers.
Gozo, helping the EJ Community since 2021.