Should I keep Telson China?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
IMG_20240613_020325.jpg
IMG_20240613_020311.jpg

I just got this telson china from Loki hoping for a good long 5 clone.

But im a little disappointed. It seems slightly thicker than advertised. Like 6.1 or 6.2mm. also the carbon is closer to the edge, like Long 5X. And finally the fibre looks kinda weird. It doesnt that that distinct weaved pattern. But it seems blacker than other blades.

Should i keep it or keep looking for a closer match?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews
This user has no status.
best comment ever (to EJs who spent time and money to find clones and x years later, still searching lol)
As per usual i hardly disagree on this topic
Especially as long as information and guidance about our equipment is so vague and full of bullshit on many levels, testing and trying out cheaper stuff that give you around the same bang for less buck, is really important so we find the gems out there that we need.

Never forget that our equipment is one of many reasons why our sport is less popular than it could be. Price and the process of making sense of it is nothing that makes it enjoyable for many many people.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2023
As per usual i hardly disagree on this topic
Especially as long as information and guidance about our equipment is so vague and full of bullshit on many levels, testing and trying out cheaper stuff that give you around the same bang for less buck, is really important so we find the gems out there that we need.

Never forget that our equipment is one of many reasons why our sport is less popular than it could be. Price and the process of making sense of it is nothing that makes it enjoyable for many many people.
The thing is this guy is known for spending money on clones. At this point he could have bought a Long 5 on Ali and try it extensively. If he doesn’t like it he won’t like the clones either and can sell the original blade and look for another concept.

Reactions: JJ Ng and jk1980
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The thing is this guy is known for spending money on clones. At this point he could have bought a Long 5 on Ali and try it extensively. If he doesn’t like it he won’t like the clones either and can sell the original blade and look for another concept.
probably more than 1 x long 5

• Haha
Reactions: backspacer
This user has no status.
I get that. That doesnt mean that there is no value in his approach.
The opposite is the case. Although TB does weird shit and often has an even weirder understanding of things, his wild testing and all the information about that he gives willingly out is used by many.

I actually wish we had someone like TB but who plays better (approx 1900-2k TTR) who is unsponsored but tests as many things he does and would give us his insights on things. This would help a lot.

But all we get are usually highly biased players like ttd who are sponsored and all they say is praise and nonsense.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
The opposite is the case. Although TB does weird shit and often has an even weirder understanding of things, his wild testing and all the information about that he gives willingly out is used by many.

I actually wish we had someone like TB but who plays better (approx 1900-2k TTR) who is unsponsored but tests as many things he does and would give us his insights on things. This would help a lot.

But all we get are usually highly biased players like ttd who are sponsored and all they say is praise and nonsense.
imagine if TB has the connections I have
he could be a full time equipment reviewer (making on income though) haha

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
perhaps save the money you waste on all the clones and buy a proper HL5 ;)
Well I said HL5 clone, but to be honest I was really looking to replace my FB Carbon. I had a FB carbon that I loved and it was honestly better than Long5. I sold it to my friend (who has 2 HL5). Now he only uses the FB carbon and never uses the HL5. He says they are at least identical, but probably the FB is slightly better.

I considered just getting another FB Carbon, but I figured I should tryout something new and got the Telson China.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
I only have 8 blades, and almost all of them I love. I have literally zero regret of getting these blades instead of a single HL5.

Sanwei 75 inner - Insanely good
Loki Arthur ZLC - Excellent
Stuor Harimoto ZLC - My absolute gem
Yasaka Atletico Power - My most expensive blade ironically gives me most regret
Sanwei CC - Crazy good power for $10
Sanwei F3 Pro - My flexiest and feeliest blade
Sanwei 75 - My hardest and fastest blade

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

Maybe someone asks the guy from TTGearLab if we can send him some blades for measurement or if he wants to share information so others can do similar measurements ;)

One player from https://www.youtube.com/@Lets_play_table_tennis has around 1900 TTR

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
View attachment 30326View attachment 30327

I just got this telson china from Loki hoping for a good long 5 clone.

But im a little disappointed. It seems slightly thicker than advertised. Like 6.1 or 6.2mm. also the carbon is closer to the edge, like Long 5X. And finally the fibre looks kinda weird. It doesnt that that distinct weaved pattern. But it seems blacker than other blades.

Should i keep it or keep looking for a closer match?
Probalby better for you than ML5. The Loki blade looks very well made, on par if not nicer than ML5X.
It looks like a blade Xiom or Butterfly would ask 150USD for.

says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
says Shoo...nothing to see here. - zeio
Jan 2018
Anyway, does anybody have any thoughts on the blade itself?
Thicker than advertised? Congratulations! You got more than you paid for there. Take the bad with the good and call it a day. Or just get the real shit.

• Haha
Reactions: Robin0910
This user has no status.
Maybe someone asks the guy from TTGearLab if we can send him some blades for measurement or if he wants to share information so others can do similar measurements ;)

One player from https://www.youtube.com/@Lets_play_table_tennis has around 1900 TTR
Id place my money on TTGearLab.

Lets play table tennis are sponsored by Joola if my memory serves right and were sponsored by Tibhar beforehand.
They tryhard to stay neutral but you can see on their reviews about the rubbers and blades from their sponsor that they literally cant say anything bad.

They do focus a little bit on budget stuff, but not really that much. I mean they focus on ESN anyway. So yeah i do liked them in the past, but i guess im not their target group.