Should Ruwen Filus be penalised and suspended?!

says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
says I'm still learning Table Tennis.
Nov 2022
He threw his racket and almost hit a camerawoman after losing to Quadri Aruna. The lady could have been hurt if the racket hit her.

Screenshot_20230312-124940_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230312-124903_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20230312-124719_YouTube.jpg

What do you think, guys?

• Wow
Reactions: Takkyu_wa_inochi
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
Was wondering when this thread would pop up. I'd be shocked if he wasn't suspended for that.

One of the more dangerous racket throws recently in terms of how hard it was thrown and how close it got to hitting someone.

The only saving grace is that he's a chopper so he probably threw it with heavy backspin, which tends to lessen the impact.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
When there's a clear risk to hurt someone in or outside the game area, suspension must happen, and a heavy one. I'm often irritated by referees giving yellow card for only shooting at a ball (Adriana Diaz) or CNT suspending WCQ for ditching a racket at table for 50 cm. It cannot hurt anyone.

But here it is a complete different matter. We had a player like that in my very 1st club in the late 80's, he threw a racket that landed only a few centimeters away from his opponent's head, the opposite team/club of course filled a claim, and we were all agree that it was too much, we didn't search for any excuse: suspended for the rest of the season by the FFTT, as it happened in october he's been suspended for nearly a year cos' a season in France goes from September 1st to August 31st the year after.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2016
Read 3 reviews

Brs

This user has no status.

Brs

This user has no status.
Oct 2015
Imo Filus should be made to attend remedial safe-bat-throw training in place of all his normal training sessions for the next month. Penalty enough, and will protect future camera people and ballkids.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2014
Read 17 reviews
Imo Filus should be made to attend remedial safe-bat-throw training in place of all his normal training sessions for the next month. Penalty enough, and will protect future camera people and ballkids.
Spoken like a professional racket thrower.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Maybe it should be mandatory to wear a wrist strap lanyard attached to your racket. No more racket throwing.
The wrist has to be free in all kind of motions in TT, attaching something to it is just nonsense, it's like doing the same to a diva drummer that just want to throw sticks or cymbals to the lead guitarist... and we all know guitarists have a poor sense of rhythm, so drummers can get angry real fast !

So now there's this, maybe it should be done for referees and cameramen-women...

drum-shields-hero.jpg