Tacky rubber similar to G1

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi, I was wandering if there is a rubber out there that plays similar to Fastarc G1 but has a tackier top sheet.

I'm currently using the G1 and am happy with it but would like a bit more backspin on my pushes.

Was thinking a tackier rubber might achieve this.?
Preferably at least as hard a sponge as the G1.
I don't like soft sponges.

Thank you

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2022
But the c48 is probably much faster (more bouncy) and is more difficult to control than the G-1, isn't it?

CLV

This user has no status.

CLV

This user has no status.
Sep 2020
I played both. For me durability is very comparable. I could play them the same amount of time.

Rakza Z is slower then G1. You´ll need to put in a bit more effort to get the same speed, but the spinceiling of rakza is higher for me.

Also blocking is a bit different but easy to adjust to with good technique.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

Reactions: thomas.pong
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2016
Hi, OP here.

I play close to the table and prefer to drive, smash, block and push my way through games.
There is no brush looping or chopping to my game at all.

I've been looking at various sites and I was wandering about Rakza Z and the Nittaku Sieger PK-50.
Both of which have been mentioned above.

Will either of these suit my play style.

I played both. For me durability is very comparable. I could play them the same amount of time.

Rakza Z is slower then G1. You´ll need to put in a bit more effort to get the same speed, but the spinceiling of rakza is higher for me.

Also blocking is a bit different but easy to adjust to with good technique.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

Thanks for that CVL

says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
Hi, OP here.

I play close to the table and prefer to drive, smash, block and push my way through games.
There is no brush looping or chopping to my game at all.

I've been looking at various sites and I was wandering about Rakza Z and the Nittaku Sieger PK-50.
Both of which have been mentioned above.

Will either of these suit my play style.
Hybrid rubbers are made for topspin and especially countertopspins. Drives, blocks, smashs and pushs are definitely not their sweet spot and you should consider other rubbers. Honestly speaking, drives, smashs and flat blocks are hybrid’s biggest weakness.

Reactions: Arkady
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jun 2022
Hybrid rubbers are made for topspin and especially countertopspins. Drives, blocks, smashs and pushs are definitely not their sweet spot and you should consider other rubbers. Honestly speaking, drives, smashs and flat blocks are hybrid’s biggest weakness.

That is not true.
Rakza Z and many other hybrid rubbers are pretty good for things like flipping and pushing since they offer very little catapult in the short game.
You can basically place the ball 5 cm behind the net, due to the hard sponge combined with often sticky surfaces

Reactions: SamTheMan
says .
says .
Feb 2019
Read 2 reviews
My comment does not mean, that you can not push/smash/drive with hybrids. For sure you can do that. You can do every stroke with every pimples-in rubber. Anyway, push/smash/drive is definitely not the strength of Hybrid rubbers.
Advising a Hybrid rubber to someone who is not about to mainly play topspin is like advising Butterfly Tackiness C to an all-offensive player. For sure you can do it, but Tackiness is made for chopping, pushing, slow blocking.