Tibhar / Butterfly

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Hi,
what's the main difference between hybrids Tibhar MK FX and Butterfly Glyzer 09C?
Which is slower, less bouncier, more control, shorter pushes...for allround game?

Which chineese rubber is alternative to Tibhar mk fx and which for Glyzer 09C?

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
You can not really compare them. There is around 10° of hardness between them.
For the technical sound player with good acceleration glayzer will be more appropriate. The Hybrid Mk fx is more suitable for your weak hand.

mat

This user has no status.

mat

This user has no status.
Apr 2019
Thanks,
Is BF much heavier than Tibhar?
Are they similar in speed? How about control?

Tibhar hybrid MK is more like a regular ESN rubber. Fast but with less catapult, not much tackiness but excellent grip.
Butterfly G09C has even less speed and catapult, little more tackiness but less grip. It has a dead feel to it.

Hybrid MK is in my opinion a better choice, in fact my favorite ESN rubber. If I wanted a faster FH rubber I would choose this one...

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: Loop Lob Smash
Tibhar hybrid MK is more like a regular ESN rubber. Fast but with less catapult, not much tackiness but excellent grip.
Butterfly G09C has even less speed and catapult, little more tackiness but less grip. It has a dead feel to it.

Hybrid MK is in my opinion a better choice, in fact my favorite ESN rubber. If I wanted a faster FH rubber I would choose this one...

Cheers
L-zr
How different is Tibhar hybrid MK from Aurus series?

The reason is that while I like EL-P and FX-D on my backhand, they are quite catapulty. I play the best (in matches and tournament) with Nittaku Fastarc C-1 because you can clearly tell it is tensor but the catapult effect is not that strong.

So recently I bought Tibhar Aurus and as advertised, it is harder than EL-P, FX-D, C-1 etc and it is linear. But the catapult effect is so little that I actually don't like it much; I have not played with Sriver and Mark V for a few years but Tibhar Aurus reminds me of classic rubber with on catapult.

Anyway I want to see if Tibhar hybrid MK can be compared to Aurus and Fastarc C-1. I am trying to find that elusive tensor rubber that is not exactly too catapulty and not too flat/linear/like Mark V either. So far C-1 passes that test. I am eager to find another one.

And Dandoy now offers Tibhar hybrid MK FX version, supposedly ESN 44 degree so I am thinking about pulling the trigger.

The reason is that while I like EL-P and FX-D on my backhand, they are quite catapulty. I play the best (in matches and tournament) with Nittaku Fastarc C-1 because you can clearly tell it is tensor but the catapult effect is not that strong.

So recently I bought Tibhar Aurus and as advertised, it is harder than EL-P, FX-D, C-1 etc and it is linear. But the catapult effect is so little that I actually don't like it much; I have not played with Sriver and Mark V for a few years but Tibhar Aurus reminds me of classic rubber with on catapult.

Anyway I want to see if Tibhar hybrid MK can be compared to Aurus and Fastarc C-1. I am trying to find that elusive tensor rubber that is not exactly too catapulty and not too flat/linear/like Mark V either. So far C-1 passes that test. I am eager to find another one.

And Dandoy now offers Tibhar hybrid MK FX version, supposedly ESN 44 degree so I am thinking about pulling the trigger.
Havent played with Aurus, but I dont like any of the Evolutions (Havent tried ..D's yet). Hybrid MK has some catapult but not too much, its pretty fast though. Havent tried C-1, but I like G-1 thought it was almost 2 years ago since I tried it. I like Hybrid MK because of the excellent grip and limited catapult but I don't want to compare it to G-1 because it was such a long time since I used G-1.

Tibhar Hybrid MK - fast, low catapult and great grip (but less grip than H3)

Cheer
l.-zr

says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
says Gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci gang, gucci...
Jul 2014

I think you might find it worthwhile to try the Soft version in place of the regular, its a bit bouncier and more lively than the firmer version

Reactions: JJ Ng
I think you might find it worthwhile to try the Soft version in place of the regular, its a bit bouncier and more lively than the firmer version
Got it. that's what I suspected too! I like C-1 which is softer than G-1. Tibhar MK FX might be interesting......

Got it. that's what I suspected too! I like C-1 which is softer than G-1. Tibhar MK FX might be interesting......
For BH absolutely, haven’t tested the FX version but I think the normal is soft enough for me. It’s a rubber that has a softer feel than it’s rating.

Cheers
L-zr

Reactions: JJ Ng and mikeytt