TTD Team Juniors vs Seniors | The Ultimate Showdown!

says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
says Waldner Masterclass out now! 🏓
Administrator
Oct 2010
Hey guys!!

It's the one you've all been waiting for! The biggest table tennis clash in TTD Team history, Juniors vs Seniors! The bragging rights do not get any bigger than this! Grab your popcorn and enjoy as both teams give 110%! Let us know who the TABLETENNISDAILY TEAM should take on next, see you in the comments!

Big shout out to our partners Betterplay.ai. Their technology allows you to have your matches highlighted automatically! It's impressive stuff, be sure to check them out here: https://betterplay.ai/

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
I've always thought there should be some type of handicap system for pong. Like one point advantage for every 10 years of age difference. Since footwork is so important with age your footwork definitely is the first to go.

Sadly, the only thing seniors do to compensate is usually they go to pips where they can get away with less footwork.

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hey guys!!

It's the one you've all been waiting for! The biggest table tennis clash in TTD Team history, Juniors vs Seniors! The bragging rights do not get any bigger than this! Grab your popcorn and enjoy as both teams give 110%! Let us know who the TABLETENNISDAILY TEAM should take on next, see you in the comments!

Big shout out to our partners Betterplay.ai. Their technology allows you to have your matches highlighted automatically! It's impressive stuff, be sure to check them out here: https://betterplay.ai/

Hi @Dan great video with TTD Team and the guys behind camera. Great work there.
Dane is on a different level. He looks so relaxed and trying different stuff.
Sometimes, I felt that He was playing in a lower gear just to keep the match even.
Great matches, nice video 🙌

Reactions: KM1976
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2020
Such a high level of play, and great fun to watch! Many thanks to all the TTD team, and congrats to the Juniors!

I do wonder, though, how things might have turned out if the match sequence had been different.

Those who follow football might know that there is some strategy to the sequence in which a team sends players to the spot in a penalty shoot out. Getting the opening lead really matters. It gives a psychological edge and puts the other team under pressure as each subsequent penalty becomes a 'must score' shot for the 'chasing' team.

Well, this match was similar. It wasn't a league match in which all matches were played regardless of the overall status - instead it was a 'first to 4 wins' scenario in which the whole match was over as soon as one team crossed the 4 wins threshold.

In that scenario, I think there was a match sequence that would've favoured the Seniors by (probably) having Captain get the opening win. That would've put the Juniors under more pressure in match 2 and, with the Juniors being younger and less experienced, there's a reasonable chance the Seniors would've been able to take advantage of that psychological pressure - especially in view of how close the matches were even with the Seniors 'chasing' from behind.

I think there's a pretty good chance the Seniors would've taken it if the match sequence were different.

Of course this is all just speculation for fun! The main thing is that it was an excellent contest and good fun to watch! Well done Juniors - I look forward to seeing some of you competing at WTT level soon!

Reactions: Dan

Dan

says editing a big TTD Team episode... stay tuned 👀

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
I've always thought there should be some type of handicap system for pong. Like one point advantage for every 10 years of age difference. Since footwork is so important with age your footwork definitely is the first to go.

Sadly, the only thing seniors do to compensate is usually they go to pips where they can get away with less footwork.

Hey @Gtsnake aha this is an interesting one. In our recent Masterclass on the Academy with Kamal he actually said he thinks his age has a huge advantage over the youunger players in terms of match tactics and strategy. He says his experience really helps him win many games due to his better decision making due to his age and experience.

I hear what you're saying tough, footwork will slow down the older you get but there are advantages elsewhere.

Hi @Dan great video with TTD Team and the guys behind camera. Great work there.
Dane is on a different level. He looks so relaxed and trying different stuff.
Sometimes, I felt that He was playing in a lower gear just to keep the match even.
Great matches, nice video 🙌

Thanks Victor :) The editors smashed this one, the complexity to the editing behind the scene really is insane. Yeah Dane's style is very laid back but at the same time he does put a lot of effort in and he feels the pressure, it's just not always noticeable. You can see when he went into the 5th set against Tom, you could hear him on the side line saying he was having all sorts of problems against Tom's style.

Such a high level of play, and great fun to watch! Many thanks to all the TTD team, and congrats to the Juniors!

I do wonder, though, how things might have turned out if the match sequence had been different.

Those who follow football might know that there is some strategy to the sequence in which a team sends players to the spot in a penalty shoot out. Getting the opening lead really matters. It gives a psychological edge and puts the other team under pressure as each subsequent penalty becomes a 'must score' shot for the 'chasing' team.

Well, this match was similar. It wasn't a league match in which all matches were played regardless of the overall status - instead it was a 'first to 4 wins' scenario in which the whole match was over as soon as one team crossed the 4 wins threshold.

In that scenario, I think there was a match sequence that would've favoured the Seniors by (probably) having Captain get the opening win. That would've put the Juniors under more pressure in match 2 and, with the Juniors being younger and less experienced, there's a reasonable chance the Seniors would've been able to take advantage of that psychological pressure - especially in view of how close the matches were even with the Seniors 'chasing' from behind.

I think there's a pretty good chance the Seniors would've taken it if the match sequence were different.

Of course this is all just speculation for fun! The main thing is that it was an excellent contest and good fun to watch! Well done Juniors - I look forward to seeing some of you competing at WTT level soon!

Yeah good point, if Captain had won the opening match against Dane, the momentum would have been a lot different and could have changed the outcome. Glad you enjoyed the contest and the episode. We will work on the rematch soon :)

Reactions: VictorMoraga
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
Hey @Gtsnake aha this is an interesting one. In our recent Masterclass on the Academy with Kamal he actually said he thinks his age has a huge advantage over the youunger players in terms of match tactics and strategy. He says his experience really helps him win many games due to his better decision making due to his age and experience.

I hear what you're saying tough, footwork will slow down the older you get but there are advantages elsewhere.

Yes, you do improve game tactics but young people can always learn tactics but older people will never be able to improve footwork. It's just physically impossible.

Dan

Dan

Administrator
Aug 2010
Read 72 reviews
Yes, you do improve game tactics but young people can always learn tactics but older people will never be able to improve footwork. It's just physically impossible.

I hear you, the rematch will be interesting indeed.