TTD vs Craig Bryant and USATT rating estimate

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
I've always been curious how Craig Bryant from Tom Loziak's channel compares to the TTD team. What level do you guys think TTD players are in terms of USATT rating? I've seen them play, and players like Naphong look so strong, like 2600. Can anybody give me an estimated USATT rating for each of the TTD players and where would someone like Craig Bryant fit?

Craig Bryant recently played in the US Open 2022 just the past few days. His tournament results are here. The average of his best win and worst loss is 2397, and his subsequent points exchange results in a rating of 2401, which is probably pretty accurate.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2017
I have read at the top level you can deduct about 300 points or so from USATT players to players in European top leagues, so basically a 2700 in the US would be like a 2400 in europe.

Not sure if that is true though.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
I've always been curious how Craig Bryant from Tom Loziak's channel compares to the TTD team. What level do you guys think TTD players are in terms of USATT rating? I've seen them play, and players like Naphong look so strong, like 2600. Can anybody give me an estimated USATT rating for each of the TTD players and where would someone like Craig Bryant fit?

Craig Bryant recently played in the US Open 2022 just the past few days. His tournament results are here. The average of his best win and worst loss is 2397, and his subsequent points exchange results in a rating of 2401, which is probably pretty accurate.

You might want to fix your results link for Craig Bryant. It should be:

https://omnipong.com/T-tourney.asp?t=109&r=2687&h=&p=155944

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2011
Aren't guys like the Beast and the Dane top 10 in the country at some point of time? That's probably similar to Chinese provincial players and they're typically 2500+ in the US.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2022
Read 6 reviews

Craig Bryant in his prime (a few years back) was at a higher level than most of the TTD players in my opinion.

I’ve seen footage of him playing Drinkhall in a very close match and they were fairly similar in level.

Louis Price and the Dane have certainly improved a lot lately and look to be a higher level - they might well beat Craig Bryant now but it would be close I think.

Reactions: chimyshark
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
According to TTE ranking archives, Craig was #11 in the country in 2019. After that he does not appear to have played any ranking events, so his points have "expired". Louis Price is currently ranked #17 (and was #45 in 2019).

Basically, Craig would have been a heavy favourite to win in 2019 against any TTD team member. Even nowadays, he'd probably give a very good game to Louis and probably beat the rest of TTD team members.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2019
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2022

Craig Bryant in his prime (a few years back) was at a higher level than most of the TTD players in my opinion.

I’ve seen footage of him playing Drinkhall in a very close match and they were fairly similar in level.

Louis Price and the Dane have certainly improved a lot lately and look to be a higher level - they might well beat Craig Bryant now but it would be close I think.

Very interesting, thanks for your input.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021

I watched a couple of games Craig played at the US open this week in Ontario, CA and even had the chance to chat with him a little. Super nice guy. His hook serve is unreal and he gets several cheap points a game just from that serve since it's so difficult to read. I think he would have a good shot at beating anyone on TTD, but it would be pretty close with the beast, frog, and the dane.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2018

I watched a couple of games Craig played at the US open this week in Ontario, CA and even had the chance to chat with him a little. Super nice guy. His hook serve is unreal and he gets several cheap points a game just from that serve since it's so difficult to read. I think he would have a good shot at beating anyone on TTD, but it would be pretty close with the beast, frog, and the dane.

How good are Craig's serves? In the semifinals of the O-30 Singles at the U.S. Open Craig played a player rated 2425. The first 11 serves Craig did the 2425 player either hit into the net or missed the table.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2019
Read 1 reviews

If Craig played on the same level as Paul than we can use the German TTR to compare
Paul Drinkhall https://en.ttbl.de/ttbl-spielerportrait/paul-drinkhall TTR value of 2490
Louis Price 2064 TTR around the same level as Miika from Pongfinity. Both are currently playing in Germany.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
I have read at the top level you can deduct about 300 points or so from USATT players to players in European top leagues, so basically a 2700 in the US would be like a 2400 in europe.

Not sure if that is true though.

500 points at least, but there's a ceiling point: at 2700 like Kanak Jah it does not mean anything anymore, to me Craig Bryant is a good 1900/2000 FFTT guy, probably in the TOP 1000 (in France the first 1000 guys get a number, Alexis Lebrun is rated N8, National number 8), means that Bryant is a good national 2/national 1 player, tier 4 to 3 league there.

2200 or 2400 in France would not get you higher than Nationale 1 or Pro B at best, we all know Kanak is way better than this.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
also bear in mind something important about rating systems differences: some Euro federation uses inflationist ratings like France FFTT, as DTTB or USATT uses more ELO-like ratings; The ELO system is known to reach a ceiling point near 2800 points in any sport, chess included. The french inflationist system allows to reach near 3600 points for the best players in Pro A. So to me Kanak Jha is clearly in the 3500 area in the FFTT
https://www.fftt.com/site/competition/classement/classement-national

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2013
Read 2 reviews
Don't forget this rating is based on only 10 matches. Had he played 100, then the resulting rating would be a much better reflection of his actual level.

But even looking at these 10 results, in my opinion, it is obvious that Craig is underrated at 2200 - and his actual current level could very well be north of 2400.

Screenshot_20230312_201657.png

https://omnipong.com/T-tourney.asp?t=109&r=2687&h=&p=157120

Reactions: quanghuysk
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews

How good are Craig's serves? In the semifinals of the O-30 Singles at the U.S. Open Craig played a player rated 2425. The first 11 serves Craig did the 2425 player either hit into the net or missed the table.

Craig's serves are a level above the rest of his game. I mean that in the sense that they are abnormally better compared to his overall skill level. This was something Pitchford and Drinkhall both commented on during their pandemic podcast. He played in the Belgian league with players like Rajko Gommers and Saive etc and wreaked havoc on people with his service game.

Below is a match from 2017 between him and Rajko. Was tight but in the fifth, Rajko managed to pull away fairly comfortably.

Reactions: Choosikick