upgrade rubber from sriver on donic appelgren allplay blade

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
Hi

I was wondering if you have any suggesetions for an upgrade from sriver for my donic appelgren allplay. I'm still a developing player getting more into an offensive style.
Rubbers I have my eye on are Stiga Mantra M, Tibhar Quantum M, Butterfly Rozena,
Victas V > 01 Limber. Compared to sriver I'm looking for something faster, more spin, but still controllable.

This user has no status.
Hi

I was wondering if you have any suggesetions for an upgrade from sriver for my donic appelgren allplay. I'm still a developing player getting more into an offensive style.
Rubbers I have my eye on are Stiga Mantra M, Tibhar Quantum M, Butterfly Rozena,
Victas V > 01 Limber. Compared to sriver I'm looking for something faster, more spin, but still controllable.
Appelgren is a chopper blade by today standard, and match slow hard spinny rubber very well, so,

I myself would recs put H3 in max to loop the opponent to submission. [emoji6]

Several candidate, pick the thickest sponge where possible

Dawei Sprungfeder G3 A2
DHS Hurricane 3 (No. 19 Sponge) (I use this currently)
Kokutaku BLutenkirsche 868 Tokyo Super Tacky Japanese
Galaxy Apollo III
Butterfly Tackifire C
DHS Hurricane 3 (H3)
DHS G666
Friendship/729 GeoSpin Tacky (the spinniest)
(No Brand) Super 999T
Galaxy Earth
DHS G888
Friendship/729 SP Transcend
DHS PF4 (the new one quite good)
DHS Skyline TG2
Reactor Corbor

Sent from my i5E using Tapatalk

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Well from Sriver to a Hurricane or something like that is not a good advice imho.
While it's a great rubber it is totally different. Maybe try a Sriver G3 or just boost the Sriver a bit?
I don't know but maybe also a Xiom Vega Pro? The Sriver is medium+ and so is the Vega Pro but both don't have that much catapult.

Reactions: UpSideDownCarl
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2015
I think something like Vega pro, sriver G3, rondell, fx-p, fx-s or something similar is a good step up.

Upgrade to something like omega V, bluefire, mx-p and tenergy could be too much.

And when your rubbers wear out and you need to replace you go to that high end rubbers.

That was what I do. The change was much more simply and natural.

Sent from my 2014819 using Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jan 2017
Read 2 reviews
Rozena might fit aswell, I don't know much about the Stiga Mantra M. Vega Pro costs half of it when discounted tho.

This user has no status.
First you need to know what sponge hardness do you enjoy to play with. I recommend you to play with medium to hard sponge because your blade is rated as an allround blade which has a very good flexibility and dwell time. From your wishlist, I think Rozena and Manta M/Mantra H is good for your next step rubber. If you have a low budget, you may try Xiom Vega Pro/Vega Japan. They are pretty similar to other expensive tensor rubbers.

Anyway, don't really get confused when choosing the equipment. There are so many good rubbers from a different brand with a similar chateristics. You just need choose what brand do you want to play with right now and train harder.

Cheers !!

Reactions: BeGo
says Spin and more spin.
says Spin and more spin.
Super Moderator
Dec 2010
Read 11 reviews
Rubbers like:

1) Nexy Karis M
2) Nexy Elpis
3) Xiom Vega Pro or Europe

But the idea of boosting the Sriver may be interesting. That stuff was primarily used in the speed glue days and it worked amazingly with speed glue. So it would probably feel good boosted. If you try with the rubbers you are looking to get rid of it can't hurt. And it may save you some money.

Sent from The Subterranean Workshop by Telepathy

Last edited: