US Open 2022

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hey guys,
I played US Open in Ontario, California last week.
It was a fun tournament during 6 days, and of course I recorded a lot of stuff there.
I think I got a lot of feedback to adjust my training. I hope you enjoy the highlights with different players in this video :)
Any feedback, is always more than welcome !!!

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
Hey Victor, I thought you're rating was over 2200.

Why are you able to play in the U2000 event? Although all the other players look better than 2000 as well.

Reactions: VictorMoraga
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Your backhand warmup in the beginning makes me think of Kreanga, and this with a Penhold wow…

Cheers
L-zr
Hey L-zr thank you. A lot of training with Coach Stellan during this year. I had a lot of bad habits and I'm happy with the results after a few months of hard working. I can't wait for developing new 🏓 weapons 🤗

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

Why are you able to play in the U2000 event? Although all the other players look better than 2000 as well.
Hey Michael I will try to keep the answer short.
I started training with Coach Stellan on February 2022. And we 're been working in a bunch of stuff. My goal is go higher and higher of course. But one of my biggest problems was my "Backhand". Because I changed from "Traditional - One Rubber" backhand to RPB "2 rubbers".
This year I made big changes, but let me tell you a "trick" to make changes. YOU HAVE to make the changes "Everywhere".
What does it mean? Keep the new skills and habits in matches for fun, training and tournaments. There is no sense to play a tournament and under pressure, start getting old "BAD" stuff because you're afraid to lose a match.
Saying that, I hated to lose pretty bad matches during this transition and fighting myself between bad and new stuff. Finally after some months I'm comfortable using good stuff learned from Coach Stellan. He told me to trust the process.
And that's why I lost some rating points during this transition and now I went back to 2300 and beyond.
Sorry, I tried to keep a short answer 😄

• Love
Reactions: dh0llyw00d
I played US Open in Ontario, California last week.
It was a fun tournament during 6 days, and of course I recorded a lot of stuff there.

Hi Victor,

I worked the control desk and visited with you (and wife) a bit at the open

Congrats on winning one of your event

Perhaps we can hit a couple of balls at another venue 😃

Take care,

LDM7

• Love
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Hi Victor,

I worked the control desk and visited with you (and wife) a bit at the open

Congrats on winning one of your event

Perhaps we can hit a couple of balls at another venue 😃

Take care,

LDM7
Hey LDM7, we can hit a couple of balls next time absolutely 🙌
Thank you for the support and see you around 🥳 👌

Reactions: LDM7
says 2023 Certified Organ Donor
Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews

At large national tourneys with a large field, a LOT of the top of the field is 200+ points under-rated... and they are ready to compete... so one MUST have a tourney performance of THREE FULL LEVELS above your rating if you are fairly rated just to have a chance to get near the round of 8 or higher.

Often, you fail to get past the group stage no matter how well you play. You are simply outclassed.

If you REALLY want to see some ringers, then go to LA and watch any of the doubles events in the LA Open where there is prize money... some SERIOUS pro level sandbagging going on.

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014

At large national tourneys with a large field, a LOT of the top of the field is 200+ points under-rated... and they are ready to compete... so one MUST have a tourney performance of THREE FULL LEVELS above your rating if you are fairly rated just to have a chance to get near the round of 8 or higher.

Often, you fail to get past the group stage no matter how well you play. You are simply outclassed.

If you REALLY want to see some ringers, then go to LA and watch any of the doubles events in the LA Open where there is prize money... some SERIOUS pro level sandbagging going on.

This is a good point 👌. And also we are humans 😄. That means, keep a consistent level is not easy at all.
Some days, we feel with less energy, sleepy, stressed, tired.
Of course, we want to perform the best of us, but it's not always like this.

Before, I was too excited the night before a tournament and I underperformed because I was sleepy.
Maybe in the last year, I learned to control myself and rest well especially near to tournaments.

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
h! Victor,

this is LDM7 or Andy Chen from the US Open (assignment desk), how are you?

i heard that Stellan runs camps from time to time

i am interested

i tried emailing him at [email protected] but have not heard back

any suggestions?
Hey Andy, I will reach you through the internal messages.
Regards 🙌

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
@VictorMoraga PLEASE do so and help LDM7 get into one of Stellan's camps. maybe one day real damn soon both of us will be in LA for TT, Korean BBQ, and the MOST wild TT time you have ever witnessed sight unseen. The after TT Korean translation action will be even fiercer, I speak me sum Korean and make them real wild.

We should document this mission like i do my NYC TT adventures on TTD. Sum real epic stuff, be we gunna show what left coast TT jokas got in their hearts. We all gunna win from this.

Sep 2011
Read 27 reviews
There is also a totally unknown Korean TT force I will help unleash and you gunna like every damn second of the action. These Korean/American gunna do a Missouri number on the TT world and show what they got on the table and off. it gunna be some lifelong friend action like TTD never saw.