VERY fast Backhand flick (Non Chinese) rubber options?

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
Hi all,

I currently have an Andro Rasanter V47 on my Innerforce ALC layer on my backhand, I generally play like Nagasaki Miyu/ Harimoto that I like to do a backhand flick to open right away when people serve.

My rubber is fantastic and all, the only problem ......... they are so hard to come by, because everyone uses R47 instead of V47, hence always out of stock or shops dont even sell it...

I am trying to find something more conventional and can take off the shelf, any recommendation for similar rubber that isnt MX-P/S?

I am consider T05 or G1 (But both very slow in comparison to Rasanter V47), my forehand rubber has similar characteristic, but also extremely hard to come by - Mizuno GF PRO....

Would D05 be a good option?

PS: Weight is crucial too, as heavy equipment hurts my wrist....

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
If you are considering T05 as your backhand, go for it. After all, Fan Zhendong used to use T05 on the backhand and did several ridiculously great flicks. D05 might be a good choice too, but a bit too expensive. With D05 you will get great spin and hold of the ball when doing flicks (a bit higher spin and control than T05). However notice that T05 can be hard to adjust, especially on backhand. The D05 and T05 are the same considering weight.

I suggest you going for a T05, if you are on a "budget". If money doesn't count, go for D05.

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
With all due respect to OP and GregorTT, compare elite Pros on works for them, and that would work for you etc, is maybe not the best method.

I read "hurt my waist".
Please elaborate when does it hurt?
is it on the BH flick?

If yes, are you flicking correctly?
How heavy is your current setup?

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
With all respect to Tony, I didn't write that would work for him/her too. Only mentioned that if elite pros are using it that might be good. The writer didn't really shared enough information. Like you are asking, how is the flick done, when does it hurt. Because if it hurts when flicking, either the technique is not good or the equipment is too heavy. Tenergies or Dignicses are not the lightest rubbers, but would definitely do the job if used appropriately. Backhand flick is a rather difficult stroke to learn, it requires sufficient technique and movement. If bad technique causes the pain, something has to be done soon. If the equipment is way too heavy, changes to a lighter one should be made.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2018
Hi all,

I currently have an Andro Rasanter V47 on my Innerforce ALC layer on my backhand, I generally play like Nagasaki Miyu/ Harimoto that I like to do a backhand flick to open right away when people serve.

My rubber is fantastic and all, the only problem ......... they are so hard to come by, because everyone uses R47 instead of V47, hence always out of stock or shops dont even sell it...

I am trying to find something more conventional and can take off the shelf, any recommendation for similar rubber that isnt MX-P/S?

I am consider T05 or G1 (But both very slow in comparison to Rasanter V47), my forehand rubber has similar characteristic, but also extremely hard to come by - Mizuno GF PRO....

If you like the V47 which is trying to imitate T64, you might as well get Tenergy 64, or if you like Mizuno you can try the Q3, but that is also hard to get outside of Japan.

Alternatively, from German rubbers like the V47 you can look at the Victas V>15 extra which is very good for flicking and is about as fast as T64 but a bit heavier, or if you are overly concerned about weight then V>11 extra. V>11 extra is pretty light and is easier to use than V>15 but you do have some spin trade off, that being said T64 and especially the V47 are not very spinny rubbers.

If someone wants a faster G-1 I would surely recommend the V>15 extra. (avoid the blue color)

If you want absolute speed and lightness just get Bryce Highspeed, it's a speed demon and it's very light.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Sep 2013
Read 3 reviews
With all respect to Tony, I didn't write that would work for him/her too. Only mentioned that if elite pros are using it that might be good. The writer didn't really shared enough information. Like you are asking, how is the flick done, when does it hurt. Because if it hurts when flicking, either the technique is not good or the equipment is too heavy. Tenergies or Dignicses are not the lightest rubbers, but would definitely do the job if used appropriately. Backhand flick is a rather difficult stroke to learn, it requires sufficient technique and movement. If bad technique causes the pain, something has to be done soon. If the equipment is way too heavy, changes to a lighter one should be made.
all good, I'm sure you didn't mean that.
just some people think, its okay for Fan, its okay for me too.
I think "some people" is an understatement (I'm sure you know what I mean).

and yes, T05 is not the lightest and if pain is from the action, I would suggest to stop the entire BH flick stroke, full stop. For the sake of not hurting more.
If loosing out on the stroke is a bigger concern than heath, then lighter setup is recommended.
Generally, soft sponge is lighter, and soft sponge can grip the ball with less effort (but lack power), so coaching/technique input + adjustment is required. Maybe also add physio + warmup/cool downs.

Once you have an injured wrist, it won't go away...

says Win by Spin!
says Win by Spin!
Aug 2022
Read 3 reviews
As Tony stated.

If you are planning on playing more table tennis (sure you are) you are ought to take steps for you own sake. Either learn the proper technique or stop doing it. It's not worth forcing yourself to do somethin that is harmful for your playing style.

Reactions: lodro
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
If you are considering T05 as your backhand, go for it. After all, Fan Zhendong used to use T05 on the backhand and did several ridiculously great flicks. D05 might be a good choice too, but a bit too expensive. With D05 you will get great spin and hold of the ball when doing flicks (a bit higher spin and control than T05). However notice that T05 can be hard to adjust, especially on backhand. The D05 and T05 are the same considering weight.

I suggest you going for a T05, if you are on a "budget". If money doesn't count, go for D05.
Hi,

I have tried T05 yesterday, didnt like it unfortunately ....

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
With all due respect to OP and GregorTT, compare elite Pros on works for them, and that would work for you etc, is maybe not the best method.

I read "hurt my waist".
Please elaborate when does it hurt?
is it on the BH flick?

If yes, are you flicking correctly?
How heavy is your current setup?
Hi,

I have played Table Tennis for over 20 years and ranked within 100 within the country for a short period of time, technique wise I am sure I am confident, I wouldnt do anything to deliberately hurt myself haha.... My current set up is 86g InnerForce, 45g V47 and 50g Mizuno GF Pro

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Jul 2022
If you like the V47 which is trying to imitate T64, you might as well get Tenergy 64, or if you like Mizuno you can try the Q3, but that is also hard to get outside of Japan.

Alternatively, from German rubbers like the V47 you can look at the Victas V>15 extra which is very good for flicking and is about as fast as T64 but a bit heavier, or if you are overly concerned about weight then V>11 extra. V>11 extra is pretty light and is easier to use than V>15 but you do have some spin trade off, that being said T64 and especially the V47 are not very spinny rubbers.

If someone wants a faster G-1 I would surely recommend the V>15 extra. (avoid the blue color)

If you want absolute speed and lightness just get Bryce Highspeed, it's a speed demon and it's very light.
I heard the light ver of V>15 is quite slow, but I was very keen .... I tried T05 and T80 .... Tenergy just didnt quite hit the mark for me ... something is off about the feeling ...

says Buttefly Forever!!!
says Buttefly Forever!!!
Mar 2021
Hi all,

1677039313562.png

I copy and pasted from Pingsunday. The link is here: https://pingsunday.com/choose-best-backhand-rubber/#Best_rubbers_for_backhand_flick_and_topspin

Have fun exploring!

Reactions: ijuin