wide fit shoes

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2017
Anyone recommend any wide fit shoes please. Stiga Liner 2 have been mentioned on another forum but seem to be hard to find with limited sizes available. UK based. Many thanks Gary

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2022
Any Asics shoes will be ok, Asics are notorious for fitting wide feet, either in Running, Tennis, Volley Ball, Badminton or TT, and they offer 2E and 4E versions: wide and extra wide versions for more and more of their shoes. Tibhar and Joola, as Adidas, can be ok for wide feet. Sadly the other major brand I know for wide shoes, best cushioning and grippy soles, Reebok, is not involved in TT, there are some Badminton or Volleyball shoes from Reebok here and there, but they are hard to find.

Reactions: Garyw1960
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Oct 2022
Have you considered switching to barefoot shoes? You can't start playing table tennis right away in them, but if you train your feet for a year, you can use a pair of VIVO (FG style is what i would recommend) for table tennis. I do and it's amazing. but like i said, it would be dangerous to just put them on and start using. you need to train your feet first.

says [IMG]
Had the first Stiga Liner and these are surely not for people with wide feet! Can't comment on the Liner II.
Still by far, for me the best shoes are Mizuno Medal. Suited for my wide feet and offer decent support. Tried Mizuno Drive but these don't offer enough support.
Mizuno is not the cheapest but decent shoes are very important when playing TT.

says Stronger in 2023 🥳
says Stronger in 2023 🥳
Aug 2014
Anyone recommend any wide fit shoes please. Stiga Liner 2 have been mentioned on another forum but seem to be hard to find with limited sizes available. UK based. Many thanks Gary
Hey Gary,
I've been using Yonex shoes for almost 3 years "different models". They have a line for wider fit.
Check Yonex 65Z3 Wide
Their cushion and support are amazing.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Aug 2021
I used Asics gel blade 7 and I had to use 2 sizes up to fit my foot width while having a lot of space in front of my toes. Switched to Mizuno wave medal 6 and the proper size fits my feet. Mizuno wave medal has a significantly wider design than gel blade.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2011
My closet is full of shoes I've tried and rejected. Asic Rocket, Yonex badminton shoes, various tennis shoes and cross training shoes. I've finally found the perfect fit TT shoe. TT Japan sells the ASIC Excounter in extra wide. After trying my first pair I bought 2 more immediately so it would last me a while.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2022
I use floor ball shoes instead. Superb grip, wide shoes and support is fenomenal.
Salming shoes is what i use.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Dec 2023
Any Asics shoes will be ok, Asics are notorious for fitting wide feet, either in Running, Tennis, Volley Ball, Badminton or TT, and they offer 2E and 4E versions: wide and extra wide versions for more and more of their shoes. Tibhar and Joola, as Adidas, can be ok for wide feet. Sadly the other major brand I know for wide shoes, best cushioning and grippy soles, Reebok, is not involved in TT, there are some Badminton or Volleyball shoes from Reebok here and there, but they are hard to find.

I also have wide feet. My brand is Mizuno. Asics is too small for me, but some models of them can be found with wide sizes.

What model from Mizuno? Thanks.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Nov 2022
What model from Mizuno? Thanks.
I have somewhat wide feet. So when researching Mizuno, the models that are specifically tailored for wide feet are the Wave Kaiserburg and Wave Medal series.

But when trying on all the shoes at the Mizuno shop in Tokyo, I found that the Wave Drive 9 fit me best.

This user has no status.
I can vouch for Mizuno, been using a pair marketed as Volleyball shoes, the Cyclone Speed 3 for a little over year now and they are great!

I am an overal big guy and have shoesize 49 or 50 EU depending on the width of the shoe and I can wear Mizuno in 49. Their indoor shoes are great, its a pity for me that their shoes marketed at table tennis are a bit harder to get where I am from.