Everything you need to know: ITTF Presidency 2017!

Who do want elected as president?

• Thomas Weikert

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Jean Michel Saive

Votes: 42 87.5%
  • Khalil Al Mohannadi

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
says ok, I will go back and make sure you have access. Be...
Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Thanks for posting that. I had not seen it before. From that interview alone it is already clear that Weikert is a vast improvement. So once he has actually been elected (remember this is the first time he is actually standing for election) he may feel more empowered and hopefully his judgment is good.

says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
says Check out my Podcast Talkin' Smash!
TeamJOOLA
Oct 2010
Read 12 reviews
Net heigh increase Matt? How are they testing it? In a league or some clubs?

I'm not sure. It was raised during the ITTF AGM last year apparently and is being tested by the Swiss Table Tennis Association.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
I heard that Saive is actualy backed by Adham Sharara. Is that right? If it's correct, this Presidency campaign is becoming very interesting indeed. Another reason for me to support Weikert I guess.

Weikert has said that Sharara supports Saive. It certainly indicates that Sharara and Weikert have a bad relationship now, but there were already other indications of that. The canceling of agrrements with TMS is the main one. I don''t think we can know easily if Weikert supported Sharara over Stefano Bosi the last time, but it would be interesting to know. After all, even then there were allegations of corruption against Sharara but he still won by an overwhelming margin. I am not sure any of this has much to do with Saive except perhaps to indicate that Weikert takes him seriously but doesn''t want to attack a popular former player directly. Again, though, this is an outsider's perspective. I don't have any super-secret inside information.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
There's bigger possibility that Saive would do more good stuff favoring players. Weikert would do more favoring his future elections

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
May 2017
o.png
Saive would have to be rich, travelled to and have bribed lots of small nations to have a genuine chance.

Nov 2010
Read 8 reviews
Funny. Next Level wrote those exact same words. Exact. Only a couple weeks ago

It is still true.

By the way, a poster named MyNamenotbob at OOAK Forum has a lot of interesting stuff about Weikert claiming Sharara supports Saive and what it means. Those two aren't BFFs anymore, although it seems as if they were in 2014.

His posts drew my attention to this article about the big fight between Sharara and Weikert:

http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...man-row-over-alleged-interference-in-election

Last edited:
This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2016
Funny. Next Level wrote those exact same words. Exact. Only a couple weeks ago

It is still true.

By the way, a poster named MyNamenotbob at OOAK Forum has a lot of interesting stuff about Weikert claiming Sharara supports Saive and what it means. Those two aren't BFFs anymore, although it seems as if they were in 2014.

His posts drew my attention to this article about the big fight between Sharara and Weikert:

http://www.insidethegames.biz/artic...man-row-over-alleged-interference-in-election

Do you guys have trouble posting on OOAK now? I just tried to reply there and seems I don't have access to reply or post on OOAK at this moment.. is it just me or what? I didn't do anything. F word