says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
HOW IT IS MADE.

In its essence, tackiness is a half-raw rubber material one gets when rubber vulcanizate underdone. Normal vulcanization requires 150°C, while at 70°C Rubber material would remain half-raw and very, very tacky.
Rollers to clean scurfy surface is made of half-raw rubber, using underdone vulcanizates as well.

APPENDIX
It needs further to say -- the tacky layer is ultra thin of about 50 micrones, it will get degraded with abrasion in a month or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: JeffreyMG
says Fair Play first
says Fair Play first
Jan 2012
HOW IT IS MADE.

In its essence, tackiness is a half-raw rubber material one gets when rubber vulcanizate underdone. Normal vulcanization requires 150°C, while at 70°C Rubber material would remain half-raw and very, very tacky.
Rollers to clean scurfy surface is made of half-raw rubber, using underdone vulcanizates as well..

APPENDIX
It needs further to say -- the tacky layer is ultra thin of 50 micrones or so, it will get degraded with abrasion in a month or two.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
How did people get there Old H3s to last a year? Were they just no playing or had "compact" (weak) European strokes?
Nope, the old tacky H3 simply lasted a year. In fact it played even better about 1-2 months in when some of the initial tackiness faded.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Apr 2023
Thanks, I thought the poster was wrong claiming H3 tack only lasted a month... the German attempts at tack yes, but not Chinese rubbers.
I do not play with any hybrid rubbers. They all disappoint.

People have recommended Dignics 09c, Joola Tango, Stiga Dragon Grip, K3, etc. etc. Not interested. Played with those a bit on my clubmate's blades. Never impressed enough to get myself a sheet.

I basically go between a couple sheets of H3 neo provincial blue sponge and Sanwei Target National on my forehand nowadays. I am happy with that arrangement so far.

says Table tennis clown
says Table tennis clown
Apr 2020
The old Yinhe 9000d lasted 20/30 seconds on the blade without pressing into it. This is equal to the old Hurricane 3
Yinhe Jupiter 3 came in second with 20 seconds
how many years ago did they stop selling these rubbers ?
According to Igor;s suggested methods these rubbers must have been kneaded by hand, at max 37 degrees C 😂

says toooooo much choice!!
says toooooo much choice!!
Jul 2020
Read 11 reviews
Winning G-Wave 120 and 80, the figure in the name is related to the amount of tackiness the rubber has. 120 being very tacky, 80 is less tacky.
G-Wave 120 has as much if not more tackiness as Sanwei Target National (out of the pack), G-Wave 80 about the same as Rakza Z or Loki Arthur China.
G-wave 120 has a hard 58-60 degree blue sponge, the 80 version a more porous 50 degree sponge.
I found both produce good spin, the 120 needs plenty of effort to get the most out of it. the 80 is easier to play.
A little known brand, but if you want a traditional Chinese tacky rubber the G-Wave 120 is a real contender.

This user has no status.
This user has no status.
Mar 2023
Friendship Battle 2/3 and Yinhe Jupiter 2/3 seem to be fairly popular alternatives to H3 for those that do not want to boost. I've tried both Battle 3 and Jupiter 2 and generally prefer them over unboosted hurricane but it's all preference.
Jupiter 2 has a stickier surface than Jupiter 3. Red rubber bands are stickier than black ones and stay sticky longer.
Jupiter has a higher release angle than a hurricane and also reacts more to incoming rotation. Jupiter also has higher speed when hitting without spin, but topspin at maximum speed is noticeably slower than Hurricane.